Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Do you know what, I can't even remember what Amelia's feeding was like? :\ I know she went up to 2-3oz pretty quickly after birth and was happy to be fed every 4hrs, but my MW made me switch to every 3hrs...she was a big bubba though (9lbs 8oz).

Now at 19 weeks old she wolfs down a 9oz bottle literally in 2 minutes flat. lol x

Éabha was almost the same weight (6lb 13oz) n was the same.. In hospital she was only taking maybe 1.5oz n when we got home upped almost straight away to 3oz.. I thought OMG she's gona be sick.. that's too much.. But it wasn't.. It was the perfect amount..
For the first 2 weeks she fed every 3 - 3.5 hours then stretched to 4hours.. N has been every 4 hours since... She only ever takes MAX 7oz at any given time...
As the girls have said let her guide you.. If she does take too much, she'll spit it up so you can't over feed her...
Hope you're well xxx

Evening ladies

Thanks to you all for the replied regarding my low bp and headaches.
My headaches seem to b easing, I ave stopped havin my hair up all the time and drank more!
Sleep at the moments a night mare I cnt seem to fall asleep lol!!
Thabkfully my bp has gone bk up!!
Had a growth scan yesterday and lil miss is breech well shes feet dwn footling I think they called it?! I have another scan at 36 weeks as it stands at the minute even tho they asked me to make a decision about normal birth or csection it cud b an automatic csection as they wont even try turn her coz of my previous section!!!
So I now jus have to wait two weeks....i jus want her here now!!.xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi girls, I got some tommee tipee bottles
And then I thought I would order more so I've now got 12 of these bottles is that too much? There all the slow teats so was wondering is that was right? How long would the slow last for? I've got a tommee tipee microwave steriliser and I loved the colour of these bottles too x

Attachments

• image-1193144328.jpg
    image-1193144328.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 55
Hi girls, I got some tommee tipee bottles And then I thought I would order more so I've now got 12 of these bottles is that too much? There all the slow teats so was wondering is that was right? How long would the slow last for? I've got a tommee tipee microwave steriliser and I loved the colour of these bottles too x

I've got 12 TT bottles, plus two mini ones that I use for water. I found I didn't have time to be constantly washing and sterilising at first so it was nice to have a decent supply of them. We lasted a couple of months on the slow teats. When I replaced them with number 2 teats I only got 8 as we were in a bit more of a routine. Now Cole only has 4 bottles a day so when we need the next size teat I'll probably only get 6. X

I've got 12 TT bottles, plus two mini ones that I use for water. I found I didn't have time to be constantly washing and sterilising at first so it was nice to have a decent supply of them. We lasted a couple of months on the slow teats. When I replaced them with number 2 teats I only got 8 as we were in a bit more of a routine. Now Cole only has 4 bottles a day so when we need the next size teat I'll probably only get 6. X

Ah right so it is handy to have a few extra cause my steriliser only does 4 bottles at a time, and it's handy that the slow ones will last a bit before I change them, thanks Hun x

Ah right so it is handy to have a few extra cause my steriliser only does 4 bottles at a time, and it's handy that the slow ones will last a bit before I change them, thanks Hun x

I've got the cold water steriliser which only does 4 too so it's handy if you've not had time to wash up etc. Some babies last even longer on the slow ones. Cole is 6 months now so I bought a pair of the number 3 teats a couple of weeks ago but it was too much for him so we're still on the 2's. I got them on offer in Asda as they're something like £4.97 a pack but two packs for £6 when the offer is on. And you have to check they're the right teats as I didn't with the first lot of number 2's. They look the same but they're different depending on your bottles. If you've got the anti colic bottles with the stick down the middle it's the teats with no holes but if you haven't got the ones with sticks you need the teats with the little hole in the top. You might already know this so if you do I'll shut up but I didn't so thought it might be handy to know x

I've got the cold water steriliser which only does 4 too so it's handy if you've not had time to wash up etc. Some babies last even longer on the slow ones. Cole is 6 months now so I bought a pair of the number 3 teats a couple of weeks ago but it was too much for him so we're still on the 2's. I got them on offer in Asda as they're something like £4.97 a pack but two packs for £6 when the offer is on. And you have to check they're the right teats as I didn't with the first lot of number 2's. They look the same but they're different depending on your bottles. If you've got the anti colic bottles with the stick down the middle it's the teats with no holes but if you haven't got the ones with sticks you need the teats with the little hole in the top. You might already know this so if you do I'll shut up but I didn't so thought it might be handy to know x

I didn't actually know that lol thanks x

I didn't actually know that lol thanks x

You're welcome Hun. These are the ones I bought first:

image-2763511170.jpg

But they are for the anti colic and vented bottles. If you just have the standard bottles these are the ones you need:

image-1759822485.jpg

Regarding bottles- I brought 6 TT 5oz bottles and 6 TT 9oz bottles and that was good enough to start with.
We've now changed to no 2 teats and Avent anti colic bottles, of which I've brought 6- he takes 6 bottles a day and I have the Avent steam steriliser, which I can get 5 in at a time.

Éabha was almost the same weight (6lb 13oz) n was the same.. In hospital she was only taking maybe 1.5oz n when we got home upped almost straight away to 3oz.. I thought OMG she's gona be sick.. that's too much.. But it wasn't.. It was the perfect amount.. For the first 2 weeks she fed every 3 - 3.5 hours then stretched to 4hours.. N has been every 4 hours since... She only ever takes MAX 7oz at any given time... As the girls have said let her guide you.. If she does take too much, she'll spit it up so you can't over feed her... Hope you're well xxx

In hospital I was lucky if she had one oz, she would only take like 30ml. I'm sure she will be a greedy guts in no time. She's gone up to 7.02 now so she's obviously feeding ok xx

I bought the avent starter kit with about 10 bottles and only used them twice as was breast feeding and when we switched we knew we needed anti colic bottles so got 6 Dr Browns xx

I've used tt from the start too came steriliser as well :) move only ever had 6 bottles on the go at any one time n it's plenty. But great to have extra so there's not so much pressure to wash n sterilise all the time. Seems so simple but sometimes all u wana do is sit down!!
Re teats... É was on size 1 til about 4 months. Size 2 for only a couple weeks n is on size 3 now... The vari flow weren't for her at all!!

When did everyone's little ones start sleeping through the night? I ask because my friends little girl, who is 2 days younger than Oliver, has already started going through the night! And she's not quite 6 weeks old!!! I think maybe cos Oliver is a big baby, he needs more milk so it could be a while before he drops the 3am feed! And also, he's 6 weeks old and taking 6x 5oz bottles (30oz total) a day, and we've now upped it to 6oz (literally today) so will he drop a feed? Cos otherwise he'll be taking 36oz a day!! And we have HV on Thursday who I'm sure will tell me off!!

Cole 'slept through' a few times around the time of the wedding, so about 9-10 weeks but I don't count that as it was 9pm to 4am. People will tell you their babies slept through because they went 5-6hrs but I don't count that because, to me, waking up to give them a bottle at 4-5am isn't sleeping 'through' (just my personal opinion though). I personally class sleeping through as getting up at a reasonable time, not feeding them then going back to bed, if you know what I mean. I waited until Cole slept 10pm to 6am before I officially said he had. We had problems with reflux though and he struggled to sleep. He started going 7pm to 6am around 23 weeks and most days still does. Some days he gets up at 5.30am but that's usually when the sun is really bright and it wakes him up. X

Yey Connor went just over 5 hours straight last night!! Longest I've had ... Not surprised though as he had his 4oz bottle, was sick a little then wanted more and had another 2oz!! Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Oliver went 6 hours last night :D
He had 6oz at 10, in bed by 11 and didn't wake until 5 when he took another 6oz!!
More of this please! X

Lets hope so!!

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Yey Connor went just over 5 hours straight last night!! Longest I've had ... Not surprised though as he had his 4oz bottle, was sick a little then wanted more and had another 2oz!! Lol Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins
Oliver went 6 hours last night :D He had 6oz at 10, in bed by 11 and didn't wake until 5 when he took another 6oz!! More of this please! X

Please send some of this over to me please please please. Best we are going is 3.5 hours without me being up again :(

Please send some of this over to me please please please. Best we are going is 3.5 hours without me being up again :(
I've asked my Oliver to have words with your Oliver :) xx

Back