Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Are you weaning yet Penny? Maybe that'll help?xx

Rubbish! I don't know how you're managing honestly is he in his own room? Xx

Rubbish! I don't know how you're managing honestly is he in his own room? Xx

Yes. We moved him in his own room at about 3.5 months because we thought we were all waking each other up. His sleeping temporarily improved but only to say 2 wake ups in the night, rather than the current 3 or more.

I think I'm running on adrenaline more than anything, and love for my boy, I don't think I am coping too well a lot of the time but somehow just pull it together because I want my son to be as happy as possible.

X

You are truly doing an amazing job, he's a lucky little boy! Hope it improves for you very soon xxx

Hey girls. I wondered if any of you know any natural ways of dealing with constipation. I know it's caused by the anti reflux formula, I've tried giving a bottle of water but he is not keen, also tried cycling his legs. I know medically I could give him lactulose but would rather try natural remedies from the good old wives, if you know what I mean! Xx

P.s he had managed to poo about 3 small marbles poor baby

Hey girls. I wondered if any of you know any natural ways of dealing with constipation. I know it's caused by the anti reflux formula, I've tried giving a bottle of water but he is not keen, also tried cycling his legs. I know medically I could give him lactulose but would rather try natural remedies from the good old wives, if you know what I mean! Xx

A few people have suggested a teaspoon of orange juice to an ounce of water but I've never had to try it so not sure if it works. Then there's the brown sugar in water thing (I think that's what they say for constipation but not totally sure). Poor little man xx

I know he's got a tiny little tear from straining too :( don't know which is worse reflux or constipation :( :(

My friends little boy suffered badly with constipation. She was advised to make his bottles up with 9oz water but 7 scoops of powder so the water/milk ratio was higher (not sure if that would work with anti reflux formula). Also she tried the teaspoon of orange juice..
Anything to get more fluid in to him basically. Good luck there is nothing worse than seeing them in pain :( xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww bless him :( my Jacob was/is like this from birth!!

We used to cycle legs, boiled water, pure orange juice in water, sugar in water, prune juice.. milk/powder to water ratio changed slightly.

Some used to work but with Jacob it's still a problem at 3yrs :( and has powdered medication everyday to keep him going regular.
Also massage his bum with lots vasaline. Not a nice thing but doctor told me when he was a baby that it helps lube his bum and it does soak in to help a little more when coming out to help with splitting and bleeding xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Aww bless him :( my Jacob was/is like this from birth!! We used to cycle legs, boiled water, pure orange juice in water, sugar in water, prune juice.. milk/powder to water ratio changed slightly. Some used to work but with Jacob it's still a problem at 3yrs :( and has powdered medication everyday to keep him going regular. Also massage his bum with lots vasaline. Not a nice thing but doctor told me when he was a baby that it helps lube his bum and it does soak in to help a little more when coming out to help with splitting and bleeding xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Your poor little boy x

Your poor little boy x

Yeah he's been through a lot it's awful when he's screaming but needs to go :(
He had a xray a while ago, was at hosp Monday and it's come back as clear. So continuing with medication and back in 3 months. I'm hoping he either grows out of it or they find a underlying problem to it all! Xx

Ladies who went on the pill after birth...

I practically stopped bleeding just under 2 weeks after birth. Went on to pill 21 days later as that's how long I had to wait.
Well the pill has made me bleed again and not lightly either :(
Will docs change my pill at my 6weeks checkup or will they want me to continue the whole pack or even the box(another 2 packets in box) getting fedup with it now!! Annoying that if I wasn't on it I wouldn't be bleeding still, yet I wouldn't be protected against pregnancy >_<

Which pill is it Jess? If you are not heppy with it you change but you will need to use protection for 7 days just to be safe, however no guarantees that you won't have the same problem with a different pill unless you go for a progesterone only which is likely to stop your periods xx

Think it's called cerazette, something like that... I tend to have problems with a few contraptions. The depo injection I bled the whole 12 weeks. Docs said the second time it will regular out so I went ahead and hsd the second one.. big mistake and bled another 12 weeks. So don't want the implant as it's a stronger chemical of the depo injection they said. Then I did with a pill ages ago but cannot remember the name of it as I was only like 16. And now this one! :( I feel more hormonal and snappy too x

Rub some vaseline right into his bum. As in "on" his bum hole.... Some say to put it in a cotton bud n put a teeny bit of the tip in there.... But just rubbing it on works for Éabha

Or a teaspoon of brown sugar in cooled booked water (or orange r prune juice)

I tried the orange juice in water for Oliver when he was suffering with constipation and the only thing I'll say is it made him have bad diarrhoea for a day afterwards so just a warning.
Obv not only babies will suffer like that...

And Jess- I was on Cerazette a few years back and it was horrible!
I was so convinced I was pregnant cos that's the side effects it gave me, but ten times worse than what I actually experienced once I was pregnant!!!
If you tend to react to contraception, I'd steer clear!
I react badly to most medication anyway, plus I'm not allowed the pill cos of migraines so all I can use is condoms x

I tried the orange juice in water for Oliver when he was suffering with constipation and the only thing I'll say is it made him have bad diarrhoea for a day afterwards so just a warning.
Obv not only babies will suffer like that...

And Jess- I was on Cerazette a few years back and it was horrible!
I was so convinced I was pregnant cos that's the side effects it gave me, but ten times worse than what I actually experienced once I was pregnant!!!
If you tend to react to contraception, I'd steer clear!
I react badly to most medication anyway, plus I'm not allowed the pill cos of migraines so all I can use is condoms x

Yeah that's the one.. Think I'll see a different doctor too because I suffer with migraines too so I shouldn't be on this one!!
Wish the men could have a jab or a pill, so much easier for us lol x

Sent from my LIFETAB_E7313 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ladies who went on the pill after birth... I practically stopped bleeding just under 2 weeks after birth. Went on to pill 21 days later as that's how long I had to wait. Well the pill has made me bleed again and not lightly either :( Will docs change my pill at my 6weeks checkup or will they want me to continue the whole pack or even the box(another 2 packets in box) getting fedup with it now!! Annoying that if I wasn't on it I wouldn't be bleeding still, yet I wouldn't be protected against pregnancy >_< Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Is this the mini pill? I was on it after labour because I was breastfeeding and I didnt stop bleeding... So now I'm not breastfeeding I'm back on jasmin and all good :) go back to dr I say x

Back