Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

My gosh ladies what a nightmare. Sorry if don't wish to hear this, well you know I mentioned bleeding again with this pill. Well since yesterday things got way worse! Today in had to go to bathroom 3 times in half hour. Which resulted in calling 111 as things got like how you are after birth.... Yeah you can imagine how bad. So was pretty worried.
They sent a ambulance which I said I didn't need but was told it would be a first responder :/
Talk about embarrassed slightly trying to explain to two old men!!
I didn't want to go to hospital as I knew it wasn't hospital type of seriousness.
They spoke to out of hours gp and as my OBS are fine they told me to see gp tomorrow...
Also found out my pill is desogestrel 75mcg...

Hoping tomorrow I get some results or advice!!!!!

Sent from my LIFETAB_E7313 using MiniMins.com mobile app

O my goodness must have been scary poor you. At least no one took any chances and they sent the Calvary!

Hope they can tell you what it is today and find a solution x

My gosh ladies what a nightmare. Sorry if don't wish to hear this, well you know I mentioned bleeding again with this pill. Well since yesterday things got way worse! Today in had to go to bathroom 3 times in half hour. Which resulted in calling 111 as things got like how you are after birth.... Yeah you can imagine how bad. So was pretty worried. They sent a ambulance which I said I didn't need but was told it would be a first responder :/ Talk about embarrassed slightly trying to explain to two old men!! I didn't want to go to hospital as I knew it wasn't hospital type of seriousness. They spoke to out of hours gp and as my OBS are fine they told me to see gp tomorrow... Also found out my pill is desogestrel 75mcg... Hoping tomorrow I get some results or advice!!!!! Sent from my LIFETAB_E7313 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh no Hun, sounds bad. Hope you get some advice today Hun x

My gosh ladies what a nightmare. Sorry if don't wish to hear this, well you know I mentioned bleeding again with this pill. Well since yesterday things got way worse! Today in had to go to bathroom 3 times in half hour. Which resulted in calling 111 as things got like how you are after birth.... Yeah you can imagine how bad. So was pretty worried. They sent a ambulance which I said I didn't need but was told it would be a first responder :/ Talk about embarrassed slightly trying to explain to two old men!! I didn't want to go to hospital as I knew it wasn't hospital type of seriousness. They spoke to out of hours gp and as my OBS are fine they told me to see gp tomorrow... Also found out my pill is desogestrel 75mcg... Hoping tomorrow I get some results or advice!!!!! Sent from my LIFETAB_E7313 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow, an ambulance!! Eek. Hope you get some answers today Hun xx

Ladies with babies

Cole has started waking himself up at around 3-4am. He wriggles all the way up his cot until he can't go any further so when his head bangs on the top of the cot it makes him wake up. Then when he wakes up he realises he's hungry so we have to give him a bit of a top up bottle. He goes back to sleep until about 6.30-7am then. If he didn't bang his head he wouldn't wake up so need to figure out how to stop him doing it. He will still only sleep on his tummy no matter how I put him down to sleep. He goes to bed at 7pm and when we go to bed we always pull him back down to the bottom of the cot but through the night he works his way back up. Not a fan of getting up at 4am after weeks of lovely 11-12 hour nights ;) Any suggestions?x

Ladies with babies

Cole has started waking himself up at around 3-4am. He wriggles all the way up his cot until he can't go any further so when his head bangs on the top of the cot it makes him wake up. Then when he wakes up he realises he's hungry so we have to give him a bit of a top up bottle. He goes back to sleep until about 6.30-7am then. If he didn't bang his head he wouldn't wake up so need to figure out how to stop him doing it. He will still only sleep on his tummy no matter how I put him down to sleep. He goes to bed at 7pm and when we go to bed we always pull him back down to the bottom of the cot but through the night he works his way back up. Not a fan of getting up at 4am after weeks of lovely 11-12 hour nights ;) Any suggestions?x

Bella has also just started waking at 4am for the day and I really don't know why... :/

Do you use sleeping bags? I bet he could move about less in them, I think I remember you saying previously that he doesn't have anything as warm baby - you can get the 0.5 tog ones if that's the case x

Ladies with babies Cole has started waking himself up at around 3-4am. He wriggles all the way up his cot until he can't go any further so when his head bangs on the top of the cot it makes him wake up. Then when he wakes up he realises he's hungry so we have to give him a bit of a top up bottle. He goes back to sleep until about 6.30-7am then. If he didn't bang his head he wouldn't wake up so need to figure out how to stop him doing it. He will still only sleep on his tummy no matter how I put him down to sleep. He goes to bed at 7pm and when we go to bed we always pull him back down to the bottom of the cot but through the night he works his way back up. Not a fan of getting up at 4am after weeks of lovely 11-12 hour nights ;) Any suggestions?x

Oh what a pain. Oliver does this in his day naps. His new one is trying to turn over on to his front but not havig enough room and bashing his arm on the side of the cot, or getting an arm or leg stuck through the bars.

Could you put some rolled up blankets underneath the sheet at the top so it's fairly raised? Or raise the bed? Would that stop him going up a slight slope? I don't really know.

X

Ladies with babies

Gro bags!
We've got 4- 2 1togs and 2 0.5togs, Oliver is very fidgety in his sleep but he can't go far in the bags so gives up!
I can't help with the waking as obv Oliver is only 7 weeks and still wakes at 3 for milk! X

Bella has also just started waking at 4am for the day and I really don't know why... :/ Do you use sleeping bags? I bet he could move about less in them, I think I remember you saying previously that he doesn't have anything as warm baby - you can get the 0.5 tog ones if that's the case x

Yeah he only has a cellular blanket on and he kicks that off most nights. Can you use the Gro bags when they sleep on their tummy? Might have to buy him one if so. He costs us a fortune ;) Hope Bella realises that there shouldn't be two 4 oclocks in a day soon!!xx

Oh what a pain. Oliver does this in his day naps. His new one is trying to turn over on to his front but not havig enough room and bashing his arm on the side of the cot, or getting an arm or leg stuck through the bars. Could you put some rolled up blankets underneath the sheet at the top so it's fairly raised? Or raise the bed? Would that stop him going up a slight slope? I don't really know. X

Tom suggested tilting the top of the cot. Maybe I should stick half a dozen phone books under it so it's like Everest and he can't climb it ;) We have to put Cole down on his tummy to sleep otherwise he thinks it's playtime or gets moody so luckily we don't have the rolling about problem. We got an air wrap to stop him sticking his arms and legs out which helped xx

Gro bags! We've got 4- 2 1togs and 2 0.5togs, Oliver is very fidgety in his sleep but he can't go far in the bags so gives up! I can't help with the waking as obv Oliver is only 7 weeks and still wakes at 3 for milk! X

He only wakes because he bangs his head, the daft lad. If he wasn't climbing mountains in his sleep he wouldn't bang his head or wake up. He's been going all night until this started a few days ago. He's fine until he wakes up then I think he realises he's hungry. Luckily he has his top up and is back asleep within 15 minutes so we're not up long. I just need to figure out the head banging then fingers crossed there'll be no more 4am wake ups ;) xx

Oliver keeps itching his ear. I thought I read somewhere this could be a sign of teething but now can't find it so maybe I made it up? Then I thought it was a tired sign but he is literally doing it all through the day. Could his ear actually hurt? It's usually on the right one. Any advice? X

Is it his actual ear or behind it? Cole does it a lot and I thought it could be teething related but then I realised his hair is quite long over his ears and at the bottom of his neck so I think it tickles him. Some days he scratches it so hard in bed his hand bounces off and hits his mattress!! He tends to do it as he's going to sleep now too so think it's become a bit of a comfort thing. We're gonna try to give his hair a bit of a trim and see if that helps. He also had a bit of dry skin right behind his ear lobe in the crease so that could have been bothering him too. I make sure I check it every day now, just in case xx

Girls- growth spurts?

I think Oliver is having one cos he was really unsettled last night (not completely unusual as he suffers from colic but he was worse than usual) and his feeds so far today have been like this:

2am- 3oz
5am- 3oz
6:30- 3oz
8:30- 3oz

Still his usual 2x 6oz bottles but in halves so to speak. And he fall asleep straight after each!
He's 7 weeks tomorrow, 8 weeks 2days from due date.
He seems clingy too, which is unlike him.
According to the Wonder Weeks app, he's 10 days from the end of a leap.
Any thoughts?

Is it his actual ear or behind it? Cole does it a lot and I thought it could be teething related but then I realised his hair is quite long over his ears and at the bottom of his neck so I think it tickles him. Some days he scratches it so hard in bed his hand bounces off and hits his mattress!! He tends to do it as he's going to sleep now too so think it's become a bit of a comfort thing. We're gonna try to give his hair a bit of a trim and see if that helps. He also had a bit of dry skin right behind his ear lobe in the crease so that could have been bothering him too. I make sure I check it every day now, just in case xx

I'm not sure actually. Will have a look where exactly he is itching. You could be right with the hair though or even dry skin. Thanks for the ideas Hun x

Thanks. Was very scary!.
Just spoke to a doctor and they said as I stopped bleeding after a few weeks then it's likely the 'rest' that needs to come away???? It was never like that with jacob. Once I stopped bleeding then that was it until my period :/
Also told me to continue my pill and use condoms... Which I replied with yeah because I can have sex when I'm like this!!
I've also got to pop for a blood test to make sure I'm not anemic ..

Think I'm still going to go to a family planning place and speak to someone else about it with what else would be best to use/take to be safe.

RE the gro bags, they're great!! I've been using one for Connor now hes a bit bigger and they're good for babies who always kick off their blankets.
When Jacob was starting to get up and about though he would pop open the buttons so had to stop using them.
But yeah I'd try them :)
Hope it stops him wriggling and waking! Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I'm not sure actually. Will have a look where exactly he is itching. You could be right with the hair though or even dry skin. Thanks for the ideas Hun x

Our boys seem to like to have the same issues as each other ;) x

Gosh there's slot to reply to on this!!

Jess - sorry to hear things got worst and you got an ambo how awful! I would say exactly the same as the doc you spoke too, it is possible to gave post partum haemorrhages for several weeks after delivery and it's just your bodies way of getting rid of any tissues. However it's not clear if the pill has made it worst or not. It's up to you whether you choose to come off the pill and get a coil/use condoms etc but you need to consider that the bleeding may continue regardless and then would you rather be on the pill or have the coil when things do settle down. In my experience if you don't get on with the implant then your unlikely to get on with cerazette as they are exactly the same hormone just delivered in a different route, but there are always people that break the mould!!! :) either way family planning are awesome and well worth a visit.

Sarah - I have the cot tilted because of reflux and Ben gets wedged at the bottom in his sleeping bag so not sure if any of those suggestions will help, strap him down maybe???

Ear pulling/itching can be a harmless mannerism and give comfort to tired babies similar to thumb sucking. However it can also be a sign on dental pain and a blocked Eustachian tube, in the latter there would probably be other signs such as runny nose, fever, red ear etc .

Kirsty, have a look at the app wonder weeks it's awesome

Xx

Gosh there's slot to reply to on this!! Jess - sorry to hear things got worst and you got an ambo how awful! I would say exactly the same as the doc you spoke too, it is possible to gave post partum haemorrhages for several weeks after delivery and it's just your bodies way of getting rid of any tissues. However it's not clear if the pill has made it worst or not. It's up to you whether you choose to come off the pill and get a coil/use condoms etc but you need to consider that the bleeding may continue regardless and then would you rather be on the pill or have the coil when things do settle down. In my experience if you don't get on with the implant then your unlikely to get on with cerazette as they are exactly the same hormone just delivered in a different route, but there are always people that break the mould!!! :) either way family planning are awesome and well worth a visit. Sarah - I have the cot tilted because of reflux and Ben gets wedged at the bottom in his sleeping bag so not sure if any of those suggestions will help, strap him down maybe??? Ear pulling/itching can be a harmless mannerism and give comfort to tired babies similar to thumb sucking. However it can also be a sign on dental pain and a blocked Eustachian tube, in the latter there would probably be other signs such as runny nose, fever, red ear etc . Kirsty, have a look at the app wonder weeks it's awesome Xx

Wowzers, morning Dr Katie ;)

Think we're gonna give the raised cot idea a try before we go spend any more money, we're supposed to be saving up to do the bathroom and garden!! We raised it when he had reflux and he didn't climb up then so maybe it'll work. I'll just try not to raise it too much that he crumples at the bottom instead ;) Failing that, have you got any of said straps we can borrow...? Haha. X

Girls- growth spurts?

I think Oliver is having one cos he was really unsettled last night (not completely unusual as he suffers from colic but he was worse than usual) and his feeds so far today have been like this:

2am- 3oz
5am- 3oz
6:30- 3oz
8:30- 3oz

Still his usual 2x 6oz bottles but in halves so to speak. And he fall asleep straight after each!
He's 7 weeks tomorrow, 8 weeks 2days from due date.
He seems clingy too, which is unlike him.
According to the Wonder Weeks app, he's 10 days from the end of a leap.
Any thoughts?

Yup. Development leap

image-3205085251.jpg

Back