Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Thanks for the replies girls, so do u just tilt it with blankets underneath? I will try this as I don't want her in her swing all the time. Can't be good for her back xx

If the basket has a stand could you put a couple of books underneath the top end? Like Penny says we also do this now for her cot as she has been really snuffly.

Bella slept in her chair for the first 8 weeks or so, as soon as I put her in her Moses basket she would wake up but yet sleep for hours in her chair. Now at 5.5 months she sleeps happily in her cot all night and for naps. As long as your both happy and sleeping I'd try not to worry x

Girls u can buy the next seat in rear facing already. They've been around ages. (Here anyway) just it's not mandatory so it's preference really. There's a few u can get They turn so when baby is old enough it can b turned to front facing Susie it's til 18 months... Not age 4??? Or have I missed something??

On the maxi cosi website (the only company that makes them here at the moment) it says you can use it til 4. It's a bit confusing tbh. I'm sure it will all become clear over time! X

Hey ladies, just a bit of advise regarding swings. Mia has been a bit unsettled past few days mostly at night. I put her in her swing yesterday and she seemed to go longer between feeds n seemed really content. it's the chad valley one, it supports her head and I can fasten her in. anyway so last night when I went to bed she seemed unsettled so I tried her in her swing n she slept really well only waking every 3hrs 15 for feeds. am I being really bad letting her sleep in it? just wondering whether it's the reflux thing making her not want to lay flat in her basket cos she does sometimes bring milk up. Anyone else found that ur baby sleeps better in swing/bouncer? oh and I don't have it swinging while she's asleep xx
My Oliver loves his chair!!
We've got the fisher price one that's got a vibrator button as well and it was the best money we've ever spent on him!!
He's slept in it many times- he suffers with colic so likes being upright- and it's guaranteed he'll sleep in it!
He now likes being in it to chill out, with his dummy whilst watching the tv! And in this heat, with the fan directly on him!
We also brought him the Graco loving hug swing and he Ioves that as well- best thing is you don't have to keep rocking it yourself, you set it for 10, 20 mins whatever you need.
So don't feel bad, if she settles in it, use it! X

On the maxi cosi website (the only company that makes them here at the moment) it says you can use it til 4. It's a bit confusing tbh. I'm sure it will all become clear over time! X

Oh sorry susie. Now I see where 4 comes from
Maybe it turns to forward facing???

Also on the chair front- my HV said to use it if that's the only way they'll settle as it's better they get some sleep than none at all!
And Oliver slowly got better at sleeping so now it's used very occasionally for a nap but more fit chilling out- we call it his tv chair lol x

Also on the chair front- my HV said to use it if that's the only way they'll settle as it's better they get some sleep than none at all! And Oliver slowly got better at sleeping so now it's used very occasionally for a nap but more fit chilling out- we call it his tv chair lol x

Yeh that's what I thought to be honest, better for her to get sleep and be happy. Plus means I get sleep too lol zx

Do our babies need a 8 week checkup at doctors?? Confused as got a letter to book him in, I thought we just saw HV at 6 weeks.. x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

It's just 6 weeks but some practices combine first check with first immunisations. Xx

It should be a check by a dr not HV x

Hmm ok. As HV booked to see me for 6 week checkup. Yet got a letter to see doctor.

Il call tomorrow about it x

Hmm ok. As HV booked to see me for 6 week checkup. Yet got a letter to see doctor. Il call tomorrow about it x Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

We had both, HV came to house and we were at doctors a few days later x

I've got mine and Oliver's postnatal checks tomorrow along with his 8 week vaccinations plus we had a 6 week check by the HV x

The dr did Oliver's checks at the same time they did my postnatal checks x

They wouldn't do ours together. HV came out to do what they do, weighing and general judging (or at least ours do!), then Cole had to go to GP for his 6 week check and I had to go see the nurse the following day for mine, they couldn't fit us in together apparently!!x

They wouldn't do ours together. HV came out to do what they do, weighing and general judging (or at least ours do!), then Cole had to go to GP for his 6 week check and I had to go see the nurse the following day for mine, they couldn't fit us in together apparently!!x

What a lot of messing about!
Yeah I got confused as I was like I'm sure it's 6 weeks checkup not 8 weeks! X

Oliver is 5.5 months. Until a week ago he wasn't a great sleeper. Would wake up multiple times in the night. Week Friday ago we started the baby whisperer sleep routine and amazingly for a week he started sleeping from
7.30/8-7/7.30 with only one feed around 11ish. However the past two nights he seems a lot more restless. He is moving all around the bed, often with his eyes closed. He cries out loud. We leave him a little while to see if he settles himself but often doesn't. When we go in and put him back on his back and at the top of the bed, he then starts screaming ridiculously loud. It's a very high pitch scream, not his normal cry. I wondered if it was night terrors he was having. It could also be teething so we gave bonjela and calpol.

When he woke again at 5, I decided I would pick him up and cuddle him but he then started the high pitch scream again.

Has anyone else had something similar? He seems fine during the day and day time naps which have been in his cot.

Googling suggests it could be a developmental issue, night terrors, teething or maybe due to moving over to solids. Tempted to go back to porridge and purées only today and see what happens.

Desperate not to be going back to 4 or 5 wake ups a night again :(

Oliver is 5.5 months. Until a week ago he wasn't a great sleeper. Would wake up multiple times in the night. Week Friday ago we started the baby whisperer sleep routine and amazingly for a week he started sleeping from 7.30/8-7/7.30 with only one feed around 11ish. However the past two nights he seems a lot more restless. He is moving all around the bed, often with his eyes closed. He cries out loud. We leave him a little while to see if he settles himself but often doesn't. When we go in and put him back on his back and at the top of the bed, he then starts screaming ridiculously loud. It's a very high pitch scream, not his normal cry. I wondered if it was night terrors he was having. It could also be teething so we gave bonjela and calpol. When he woke again at 5, I decided I would pick him up and cuddle him but he then started the high pitch scream again. Has anyone else had something similar? He seems fine during the day and day time naps which have been in his cot. Googling suggests it could be a developmental issue, night terrors, teething or maybe due to moving over to solids. Tempted to go back to porridge and purées only today and see what happens. Desperate not to be going back to 4 or 5 wake ups a night again :(

Bless him, something obviously bothering the poor little man, isn't it. I don't really have any suggestions, other than maybe night terrors or teething like you've already said. Will he still not sleep on his tummy or side?
Might be worth going back to purées for a day or two like you said. Cole is still having purée, but a bit lumpier, and we give him 'proper' food every other day or so. I've read that once they have something new not to give them anything else new for a day or so in case it doesn't agree with them. Is he going to the loo ok? Could the solids be bunging him up a little bit? I'm out of ideas but hope it gets better for you both again soon xx

Bless him, something obviously bothering the poor little man, isn't it. I don't really have any suggestions, other than maybe night terrors or teething like you've already said. Will he still not sleep on his tummy or side? Might be worth going back to purées for a day or two like you said. Cole is still having purée, but a bit lumpier, and we give him 'proper' food every other day or so. I've read that once they have something new not to give them anything else new for a day or so in case it doesn't agree with them. Is he going to the loo ok? Could the solids be bunging him up a little bit? I'm out of ideas but hope it gets better for you both again soon xx

Thanks Hun. Maybe we were overdoing it on new food. Am out today was going to use jars anyway so purée again today. That's no bad thing.

He was going to the loo a couple times a day and that's reduced to just one, so maybe that is it although it's not really hard.

He will go on his side but only if he does it in his sleep. It he goes on his tummy, he cries and keeps his head up in the air.

He doesn't seem to want to play much either. Put him in his chair and put baby jake on for the moment. Will make bottles and get breakfast for him sorted soon.

Eyes want to sleep :( was up 9-10.45 then 2.30ish then 5ish. My body got used to sleeping I think!!

Thanks Hun. Maybe we were overdoing it on new food. Am out today was going to use jars anyway so purée again today. That's no bad thing. He was going to the loo a couple times a day and that's reduced to just one, so maybe that is it although it's not really hard. He will go on his side but only if he does it in his sleep. It he goes on his tummy, he cries and keeps his head up in the air. He doesn't seem to want to play much either. Put him in his chair and put baby jake on for the moment. Will make bottles and get breakfast for him sorted soon. Eyes want to sleep :( was up 9-10.45 then 2.30ish then 5ish. My body got used to sleeping I think!!

It's hard when you get used to the sleep then they decide to wake us up. Hope you get chance for a nap or an early night tonight. We seemed to have settled into a 6am get up time here. For now at least. Hope he feels better xx

It's hard when you get used to the sleep then they decide to wake us up. Hope you get chance for a nap or an early night tonight. We seemed to have settled into a 6am get up time here. For now at least. Hope he feels better xx

I'm meeting a friend today which I would cancel but this is the 4th time we have had to rearrange. Requires me driving 45mins on the motorway though so need to be awake!!

Then tonight meant to be going to pizza express with antenatal girls. Not meeting til 8 so won't be early night. Tempted to cancel.

Going back to all puréed food today and just hope he is better tonight. Gave him baby nurofen too in case it is his teeth. He was a tad grouchy but has had cereal and 5oz milk so appetite ok.

Back