Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Colief was the best thing ever for us! Would definitely recommend it. Really hope you see some improvements soon. We went from a really distressed baby to a really happy one in just 2 days. Really annoying having to put drops in 30 mins b4, we ended up pre making and storing in the fridge overnight x

Yeh I've also put a few in the fridge for during the night feeds. Don't really like putting them in fridge but will only have her screaming for half hr if I don't. I have the perfect prep machine so she only waits 2 mins lol xx

My Oliver keeps putting his hands (and often his bibs!) in his mouth, been doing it last few days- I know he's only 8 weeks old but could it be signs of teething???

(I ask because my friends baby who is 7 weeks old is already teething!!!!)

At his stage it's a development thing. He's discovering...
But they can start from around the 12 week mark

Danni Éabhas first foods have been... Sunshine orange baby Rice. Baby porridge. Oat &apple porridge. Carrot. Parsnip. Sweet potato. BNS. Broccoli & cauliflower. AK recipe of chicken, tomato &potato. She had these til around 4 weeks in. Then I started introducing fruit purees AK pouches.
I held off giving fruit so her savoury tooth would develop before her sweet tooth
She still prob only gets fruit once every 4 days

Hey ladies, just a bit of advise regarding swings. Mia has been a bit unsettled past few days mostly at night. I put her in her swing yesterday and she seemed to go longer between feeds n seemed really content. it's the chad valley one, it supports her head and I can fasten her in. anyway so last night when I went to bed she seemed unsettled so I tried her in her swing n she slept really well only waking every 3hrs 15 for feeds. am I being really bad letting her sleep in it? just wondering whether it's the reflux thing making her not want to lay flat in her basket cos she does sometimes bring milk up. Anyone else found that ur baby sleeps better in swing/bouncer? oh and I don't have it swinging while she's asleep xx

Kerry Ruby's swing was a lifesaver for he first month she was born , she had terrible reflux and as soon as I lay her flat she would be sick and struggled to catch her breath it was so scary .. We tried every trick with the Moses basket tilting it up etc but she just hated it and I was a nervous wreck with her choking etc so in the end I took the swing upstairs and let her sleep in that. It's not advised but I needed sleep and she was so content .. As soon as her reflux improved ( which it generally does once the little valve in the stomach has closed properly ) she went in her Moses basket and sleeps fine in their now xxx

Kerry Ruby's swing was a lifesaver for he first month she was born , she had terrible reflux and as soon as I lay her flat she would be sick and struggled to catch her breath it was so scary .. We tried every trick with the Moses basket tilting it up etc but she just hated it and I was a nervous wreck with her choking etc so in the end I took the swing upstairs and let her sleep in that. It's not advised but I needed sleep and she was so content .. As soon as her reflux improved ( which it generally does once the little valve in the stomach has closed properly ) she went in her Moses basket and sleeps fine in their now xxx

Thanks for the reply Hun, u never know if ur doing the right thing or not n I was feeling guilty. that being said I tried tilting the mattress at one end of her basket and that's seemed to have done the trick. however if it hadn't I prob woulda kept with the swing a bit longer until she was more settled xx

Danni Éabhas first foods have been... Sunshine orange baby Rice. Baby porridge. Oat &apple porridge. Carrot. Parsnip. Sweet potato. BNS. Broccoli & cauliflower. AK recipe of chicken, tomato &potato. She had these til around 4 weeks in. Then I started introducing fruit purees AK pouches. I held off giving fruit so her savoury tooth would develop before her sweet tooth She still prob only gets fruit once every 4 days

Thanks xx

Yeh I've also put a few in the fridge for during the night feeds. Don't really like putting them in fridge but will only have her screaming for half hr if I don't. I have the perfect prep machine so she only waits 2 mins lol xx

I didn't like doing it either, but like you wasn't going to have a baby screaming at me for 30 minutes in the middle of the night :-/

We also have the TT machine, so convenient and then we started on colief so ended up having to wait 30 minutes anyway...
Before you know it she will be in a routine where you know exactly what time she's due a feed so won't be to bad hopefully.

Oh and be warned it makes them poo like crazy at first ;) x

Ladies what temperature is classed as 'bad' for 3 year olds?? I know it's different for babies... And can't really find something online as people say different on different websites! X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I think when I worked in the nurserys 38 was borderline for having a temperature .. Don't quote me on that though! I know if they had a temperature of 39 we would always send them home as that's classed as high x

Well I bought dr brown bottles and colief yesterday for my little bubba n her colic. She seemed so much better in herself last night but seems really off this morning. I'm not sure if she is constipated, she keeps straining like she's having a poo but nothing there. She had one last night ok ( usually only had one big one at night) does anyone know if colief can cause constipation? Xx

She seems to have diarrhoea now with the colief, is this normal? X

She seems to have diarrhoea now with the colief, is this normal? X

When we had been using the colief a day or so she had a few massive poo's, sorry tmi but a full nappy which was yellow in colour. It settled down after a few days, it does say on the instructions if it continues then to use less drops per bottle.

She had been constipated for a week or so beforehand so I didn't panic too much when I saw the amount of poo! ;)

Does she seem any happier? x

When we had been using the colief a day or so she had a few massive poo's, sorry tmi but a full nappy which was yellow in colour. It settled down after a few days, it does say on the instructions if it continues then to use less drops per bottle. She had been constipated for a week or so beforehand so I didn't panic too much when I saw the amount of poo! ;) Does she seem any happier? x

I thought she seemed happier last night but she seems to have gone backwards ton :-( hate seeing her in pain x

I thought she seemed happier last night but she seems to have gone backwards ton :-( hate seeing her in pain x

It's really hard as you just desperately want something to work and what works for one baby doesn't work for another.

I really hope it works for her and hopefully you'll notice an improvement really soon x

It's really hard as you just desperately want something to work and what works for one baby doesn't work for another. I really hope it works for her and hopefully you'll notice an improvement really soon x

I know cos I've read so many people saying it's a godsend, just hoping she is better ton. xx

Girls, have any of you ever heard of a baby smelling of sweat? Literally man sweat arm pits? I've been thinking for a while I can smell it on Cole. It's not just the hot weather, it's happened a few times. And his clothes have even smelt of it. Thinking I'm gonna take him to doctors next week. But am I being daft? Katie, do you know if it's worth taking him?

Girls, have any of you ever heard of a baby smelling of sweat? Literally man sweat arm pits? I've been thinking for a while I can smell it on Cole. It's not just the hot weather, it's happened a few times. And his clothes have even smelt of it. Thinking I'm gonna take him to doctors next week. But am I being daft? Katie, do you know if it's worth taking him?

Eabha's pits smell if I've not dried her properly but only if I lift arm n smell

Eabha's pits smell if I've not dried her properly but only if I lift arm n smell

I can dry him and talc him and it still comes. If I've been holding him while he's got no top on my hands smell too. I was accusing Tom of smelling the other day and it was on my hands from Cole lol

Back