Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ben started sleeping through at 11 weeks on July the 5th haha!!!
He would have 6x 6 oz bottles through the day then go 10-6 he's just started sleeping till about 7.
The for night he slept through he

My phones just gone mental!!
The first night he slept through was the first night in his own room in his cot bed in a woombie with a black out curtain. We don't have a routine and I would never enforce feeding times to suit me but that's just my opinion ( b would just refuse or throw it back up anyway)!
I know if I tried to get him down at 8 I would be unsuccessful so I accept 10 ish as bed time.
Oliver will drop that night feed when he is ready which probably won't be too long xx

I think Thomas was 8-10 weeks, he established his own routine. He would sleep right through one night then not the next, took a couple of weeks for him to sleep through every night.
I've always fed on demand, even now he has a bottle every 3 hours and porridge in the morning. X

My phones just gone mental!! The first night he slept through was the first night in his own room in his cot bed in a woombie with a black out curtain. We don't have a routine and I would never enforce feeding times to suit me but that's just my opinion ( b would just refuse or throw it back up anyway)! I know if I tried to get him down at 8 I would be unsuccessful so I accept 10 ish as bed time. Oliver will drop that night feed when he is ready which probably won't be too long xx

I'm the same, always fed on demand and now Cole has settled into a feeding and sleeping routine and we work round that. Hence waiting for his nap time to set off to Wales today ;) The only thing I planned on doing was pushing his bedtime from 7 to 8 by the time I go back to work in January but before I even tried he did it himself. Must have known!! Xx

Same here. Éabha decided when she wanted her feeds n she dropped the night ones. And she started giving out come 7 so she told us too her bedtime would be 7:30 / 8pm...
She was a great sleeper from the get go so started sleeping they quite early. But they say 12 weeks for most babies is when they'll start sleeping thru. But all babies are different so ya just never know

Thanks for all the replies girls
I've just come back from baby clinic so I asked the HV about it too and she said pretty much the same thing...
I'm hoping after his 2nd lot of jabs at 12 weeks he'll start going longer at night...
He does go a good 4-5 hours between feeds during the day now so that's a start...
We are going to put him in his cot from tonight and start a bedtime routine of a bath and a book and do it all upstairs so he knows it's bedtime...

Those with colic babies- when did that go?
HV said it could be anytime and it's certainly better than it was but he still suffers a little...

For Thomas he was bang on 12 weeks and he was like a different baby! X

Hi ladies, does anyone have any recommendations for baby carriers? I can't find the one I had for my little girl anywhere so I'm seizing the opportunity to shop :D
I probably won't use it loads so don't want to spend a fortune, it'll be mainly for the school run (10 min walk) and short trips out...also if bub is being clingy around the house :)
Thanks. X

Hi not sure bout the sling but in my area they are pushing baby wearing - having baby attached to you all the time and a few places have a 'sling library' so you can try them out before you buy, may be have the same in your area? X

Hi ladies, does anyone have any recommendations for baby carriers? I can't find the one I had for my little girl anywhere so I'm seizing the opportunity to shop :D I probably won't use it loads so don't want to spend a fortune, it'll be mainly for the school run (10 min walk) and short trips out...also if bub is being clingy around the house :) Thanks. X

There are a few sling libraries near us as tink said, there is even a sling swing group starting soon! (Where you dance around with your baby in a sling I assume....). Personally we didn't get on with them once she got big enough to wriggle, I tried a closer one, a mei tai and a kari-me and she hated them which was a shame as I was really keen for it to work. Did give a boba one a try when she was a big bigger and that seemed better but never got round to getting one....

Ladies, I don't know if it's relevant to you locally but the halfords near me are clearing old stock and have graco size 1 car seats going for £20! I asked the man and he said they are refurbishing and need the room, he said they are still meeting current regs (going on prev conversation a week or 2 ago on here!) and are normally more expensive.
Anyhow if you're after one, might be worth a look xx

Emily grace born monday 11th august 10.34 weighin 7lb 1oz.
Shes amazin

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1407827977814.jpg
    1407827977814.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 75
Aw congratulations :) x

Congratulations!!
Hope you're all well xx

Beautiful baby girl. Congratulations x

Congratulations, beautiful baby, beautiful name :) x

Beautiful congratulations x.