Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Congratulations hopefully il be posting my update in next few days yippeee x

Congratulations :)

Thanks everyone.
Emily is amazin, I had a csection Monday morning. By 9oclock I was sat out of my bed. Tuesday mornin I was walkin about.
I lost a fair bit of blood but I was allowed home tuesday evening.
Lucas is fab with emily he is besotted with her. He is always sat by her wanting to hold her ect. Its so adorable to see..

She is being bottle feed and she is feedin every 3 hours 2.5 / 3oz so she is really doin well!
.xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey ladies, when did ur litter ones go through a growth spurt? Mia is 6 wk and 2 days. Today she seems hungry all the time. Drank more or less 5oz every 2 hrs. Xx

Hey ladies, when did ur litter ones go through a growth spurt? Mia is 6 wk and 2 days. Today she seems hungry all the time. Drank more or less 5oz every 2 hrs. Xx

There's a definite growth spurt at 6 weeks hun
Feed feed feed... Fun isn't it?! Lol x

There's a definite growth spurt at 6 weeks hun Feed feed feed... Fun isn't it?! Lol x

Lol it's a constant! How long does it usually last xx

Growth spurts usually last a couple of days with my Oliver- if he starts wanting milk more frequently, I just up his bottles an oz and it usually works.
More than likely, he goes back down to his regular feeding routine after a few days.
He's just come through a developmental leap and he was taking 7oz bottles every 3 hours and was really clingy and grumpy!!
Thankfully it's over now and he's back to 7oz bottles every 5 hours :) xx

Can't remember really tbh. Couple of days to a week?! Maybe up her an oz per bottle might stretch it out a bit?
Growth spurts usually last a couple of days with my Oliver- if he starts wanting milk more frequently, I just up his bottles an oz and it usually works. More than likely, he goes back down to his regular feeding routine after a few days. He's just come through a developmental leap and he was taking 7oz bottles every 3 hours and was really clingy and grumpy!! Thankfully it's over now and he's back to 7oz bottles every 5 hours :) xx

Altho she is going every two hrs between feeds she isn't always draining the 5oz so I'm not sure upping would make a difference to be honest. xx

I wouldn't up her bottles just feed more frequently, she only has a tiny tum it will pass xx

just a question regarding growth spurts, how much can they get through? Like I say Mia is 7 wk's tomorrow and has drank 27 oz since 5am this morning. Seems like hell of a lot xx

just a question regarding growth spurts, how much can they get through? Like I say Mia is 7 wk's tomorrow and has drank 27 oz since 5am this morning. Seems like hell of a lot xx

Don't worry hun. She can't take too much. If she does she'll spit it up
What weight is she?

Don't worry hun. She can't take too much. If she does she'll spit it up What weight is she?

Haven't had her weighed since she was 7-12 but guessing 11lb xx

Haven't had her weighed since she was 7-12 but guessing 11lb xx

Ok so based on 11lb she should average 27 / 28oz per day
But remember this is only a guide. Éabha didn't really follow the "guide" for very long...
Going to have her weighed today. Love having her weighed to show me I'm doing ok with her...

She will have as much as she needs hun, try not to worry. If she's had enough she just won't drink any more. Xx

Ok so based on 11lb she should average 27 / 28oz per day But remember this is only a guide. Éabha didn't really follow the "guide" for very long... Going to have her weighed today. Love having her weighed to show me I'm doing ok with her...

Yeh I need to take her to get weighed. She is definitely gaining weight anyway so no problems there x

Back