Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Wow that's great sleeping!!

Oliver had another good night- 10:30-7!!!

That's 4 nights in a row now woohoo!

He's still teething badly- in fact he was in so much pain this morning he screamed when I put his bottle in his mouth, despite being hungry... Bonjela and Nurofen did the trick and he guzzled the entire 7oz and is currently asleep in his bouncer with his comforter bless him :)

This teething malarkey- does it literally continue like this until the tooth comes thru? I can't bear to see him suffering like his is atm, I'm just hoping his tooth isn't far away x

Wish I could being goo news but prettying yea. It does ease a little tho. Doesn't b quite so bad until the tooth is coming thru... It's HORRIBLE :(

Cole had good days and bad days. Most of the time he was happy with a cold teether from the fridge. The week they both came through he went off anything other than cold soft foods. He also got a snotty nose but no cold.

Cole had good days and bad days. Most of the time he was happy with a cold teether from the fridge. The week they both came through he went off anything other than cold soft foods. He also got a snotty nose but no cold.

Oliver has got a snotty nose but he is starting to drink more milk now...
I think the tooth is coming thru any day now as he seems in so much pain, poor little man x

I know I was shocked to say the least lol. That's brill with his sleeping, looks like this is how it's going to be from now on :) Poor little mite with his teething, I'm dreading it when Mia starts xx

I'm really hoping so, it's the longest spell he's had of sleeping thru so that's a good sign...

It's not nice, but every baby reacts differently- hopefully Mia doesn't suffer too much xx

Éabha just gets whingey n clingy before a tooth comes. No sore bum r messy(er) nappies r anything. Just whiney... So far anyway

Cole's pretty much the same, whingey but not really clingy and no messy nappies, although he got a snotty nose too. He's had one the last few days so wondering if another tooth is on it's way.

Cole's pretty much the same, whingey but not really clingy and no messy nappies, although he got a snotty nose too. He's had one the last few days so wondering if another tooth is on it's way.

She's clingey in a "play with me play with me play with me" way. Not constantly in the arms
She is not a fan of the arms at all. N as for sleeping in my arms (or anywhere that isn't her cot r pram) is a huge no no!!! She may have stayed smaller for longer but she grew out of newborn snuggles pretty early :(

She's clingey in a "play with me play with me play with me" way. Not constantly in the arms She is not a fan of the arms at all. N as for sleeping in my arms (or anywhere that isn't her cot r pram) is a huge no no!!! She may have stayed smaller for longer but she grew out of newborn snuggles pretty early :(

She sounds exactly like Cole. If we try cuddling for too long we get a smack in the face or our hair pulled. He's all about rolling round on the floor at the minute ;)

She sounds exactly like Cole. If we try cuddling for too long we get a smack in the face or our hair pulled. He's all about rolling round on the floor at the minute ;)

Yup. That's definitely Éabha too
Or when she's drank enough of her bottle n wants no more, she whacks it away from her. Daddy finds it hilarious!!!
There is NOTHING girly n gentle about my little girl ha ha

Saw this on Facebook.
I know it's not a Ewan the sheep but for the price might be worth it for those struggling with sleep?!

Attachments

• image-1258052040.jpg
    image-1258052040.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 57
Saw this on Facebook. I know it's not a Ewan the sheep but for the price might be worth it for those struggling with sleep?!

I'd never heard of the Ewan before, just ordered one for Mia from amazon. Bit pricey but worth it if it works. She quite often fights going to sleep xx

Bens the same now he's learnt to roll he doesn't want as many cuddles and he really objects to being fed in my arms!! Throws himself all over the place and usually bashes the bottle out of the way.
He had just had a bottle and I gave him a few mouthfuls of baby porridge. He screamed when it had gone!
For those that weaned early did you just stick to baby cereal and puree until 24 weeks.
Ben has not needed pain killers for his teeth (yet) he really likes cold tethers best, it is miserable though.

Bens the same now he's learnt to roll he doesn't want as many cuddles and he really objects to being fed in my arms!! Throws himself all over the place and usually bashes the bottle out of the way. He had just had a bottle and I gave him a few mouthfuls of baby porridge. He screamed when it had gone! For those that weaned early did you just stick to baby cereal and puree until 24 weeks. Ben has not needed pain killers for his teeth (yet) he really likes cold tethers best, it is miserable though.

I honestly can't remember what we did regarding purées etc. I know he had chopped strawberries and toast (not together) when Tom was off work in the first week of June so he'll have been about 22 weeks. By 6 months he was on the 7m+ jars when he had a jar as he was getting fed up of smooth. X

We still have no teeth but he's been super whiney and no dirty nappy today so wonder if something is happening?!

I miss cuddles too, he'll only cuddle if he's really really sleepy now :-( xx

Bens the same now he's learnt to roll he doesn't want as many cuddles and he really objects to being fed in my arms!! Throws himself all over the place and usually bashes the bottle out of the way.
He had just had a bottle and I gave him a few mouthfuls of baby porridge. He screamed when it had gone!
For those that weaned early did you just stick to baby cereal and puree until 24 weeks.
Ben has not needed pain killers for his teeth (yet) he really likes cold tethers best, it is miserable though.

OMG how is Ben at the weaning stage already????????? :-0
We're only moving from smooth purees now but she's also only moving to 3 meals s day now too. And we only started weaning a few days before 17 weeks so prob no help

I know times flying he's 19 weeks now I was trying to hold off till 6 months but I honestly can't manage preparing 2 bottles at every feed! I think I will stick with very basic stuff until 6 months though. Xx

I know times flying he's 19 weeks now I was trying to hold off till 6 months but I honestly can't manage preparing 2 bottles at every feed! I think I will stick with very basic stuff until 6 months though. Xx

Wow. Am shocked... Where are all the weeks going :(

You might well find he's ready Katie even at 19 weeks esp if he's a big boy. There is loads of info/recipes on the internet and various books. Veggie purees that you can mix and match are handy! Carrot and pea was a huge hit in this house. Sounds weird but it's really nice! Xx

Oh I hope my Oliver doesn't grow out of wanting cuddles... He loves them right now...

Teething toys- what do you ladies find are best?
We've got cold ones and loads of keys, rings etc but he doesn't seem to be able to grip them very well so as a result his hands end up in his mouth instead...
He loves his dummy but that seems to hurt his gums... Hubby put his finger in Oliver's mouth and he was biting it!!

Is there any such thing as a teething dummy??

Oh I hope my Oliver doesn't grow out of wanting cuddles... He loves them right now... Teething toys- what do you ladies find are best? We've got cold ones and loads of keys, rings etc but he doesn't seem to be able to grip them very well so as a result his hands end up in his mouth instead... He loves his dummy but that seems to hurt his gums... Hubby put his finger in Oliver's mouth and he was biting it!! Is there any such thing as a teething dummy??

Dint know how effective they are but stop him putting his hands in his mouth!

Lamaze teething mitt

Attachments

• image-2981885559.jpg
    image-2981885559.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 42
Back