Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

My finger is Bens favourite tether. He also likes the Sophie and I've just got him something that looks a but like a dummy and is has a semi circle of rubber that looks like a gum shield, you can use it to apply teething gel.

I've got the octupus Lamaze teething mitt and he loves it, loves his Sophie too and I've got some rubber teething rings from ELC which he likes. He loves the black and white one as it's rubbery with bumps.

Attachments

• image-690617052.jpg
    image-690617052.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 29
My finger is Bens favourite tether. He also likes the Sophie and I've just got him something that looks a but like a dummy and is has a semi circle of rubber that looks like a gum shield, you can use it to apply teething gel.

Omg. I have them n they're just left there coz she doesn't really like it. Never even dawned on me to use to get bonjela on her. She doesn't let me rub it in properly coz she loves the taste n chimps on my finger soon as it goes in.

The best thing we've found is a wet muslin from the fridge! He chews everyone rial possible. Must b nice on her gums?! So I wet a muslin r face cloth, pop it in a sandwich bag n in the fridge. It's light too so even when she was small she cud hold it

She's not into teethers at all so those pram toys what she chews. Tho not the bits for chewing!!!!! Lol

Oh that sounds like what I need- what's it called and where did you get it from?

He really loves his dummy and Bonjela so it would be ideal.
Will consider the Sophie as well x

Omg. I have them n they're just left there coz she doesn't really like it. Never even dawned on me to use to get bonjela on her. She doesn't let me rub it in properly coz she loves the taste n chimps on my finger soon as it goes in.

The best thing we've found is a wet muslin from the fridge! He chews everyone rial possible. Must b nice on her gums?! So I wet a muslin r face cloth, pop it in a sandwich bag n in the fridge. It's light too so even when she was small she cud hold it

She's not into teethers at all so those pram toys what she chews. Tho not the bits for chewing!!!!! Lol
That's what Oliver does- chomps the Bonjela off my fingers!
He absolutely loves the stuff!!
He does like his muslin so I may give that a go too... I'll try anything! X

Oh we've had a rough night... Screaming in pain with his teeth, fighting sleep... Ended up feeding him at midnight just to get him off to sleep- he only took a couple of oz's but it worked and he slept through until 7!

He's bringing up loads of milk and sometimes it's like saliva as well... Taking him to the GP today as a bit worried he's got reflux...
I always thought reflux couldn't develop once they're older but am I wrong?
He's taking 7oz bottles but bringing up a good 2 or 3... Not straight away but within an hour of feeding... And he's being burped regularly, he has gripe water to help with that as well...

And his poor little gums are really hurting him...

For us every day is different / one thing is always top... His hands!!

We have cold teethers, rings, rattles...all to be chewed. Sometimes he like cucumber, sometimes melon...always likes his hands!! Ha ha ha.

Sophie took a lot to get used to but he does use it. I was worried it was a £15 ornament that i didn't want, but he does chew her now!! Not sure they are worth the money tho!! Xx

Oh we've had a rough night... Screaming in pain with his teeth, fighting sleep... Ended up feeding him at midnight just to get him off to sleep- he only took a couple of oz's but it worked and he slept through until 7! He's bringing up loads of milk and sometimes it's like saliva as well... Taking him to the GP today as a bit worried he's got reflux... I always thought reflux couldn't develop once they're older but am I wrong? He's taking 7oz bottles but bringing up a good 2 or 3... Not straight away but within an hour of feeding... And he's being burped regularly, he has gripe water to help with that as well... And his poor little gums are really hurting him...

We have days/nights where Stevie has an extra milk in the night cos he doesn't eat as much in the day.
On Sunday night he had 10oz in the night and a rusk (but we knew he hadn't eaten all he should have!!) xx

For us every day is different / one thing is always top... His hands!!

We have cold teethers, rings, rattles...all to be chewed. Sometimes he like cucumber, sometimes melon...always likes his hands!! Ha ha ha.

Sophie took a lot to get used to but he does use it. I was worried it was a £15 ornament that i didn't want, but he does chew her now!! Not sure they are worth the money tho!! Xx
Hmm I'm a bit reluctant to spend £15 on a teething toy...
His hands are his top choice too...
Will continue with different teethers..

We have days/nights where Stevie has an extra milk in the night cos he doesn't eat as much in the day.
On Sunday night he had 10oz in the night and a rusk (but we knew he hadn't eaten all he should have!!) xx
He is eating plenty in the day and has been going through the night without milk.. Last night was just particularly bad... He woke at 7, took 3.5oz and is back asleep now...

He is eating plenty in the day and has been going through the night without milk.. Last night was just particularly bad... He woke at 7, took 3.5oz and is back asleep now...

Could just be a hungry day! We all have them...I'm having a hungry life!! Lol xx

Could just be a hungry day! We all have them...I'm having a hungry life!! Lol xx
Lol he does like his food.. That runs in the family lol x

Oh that sounds like what I need- what's it called and where did you get it from?

He really loves his dummy and Bonjela so it would be ideal.
Will consider the Sophie as well x
Tommee tippee do them. They're just teething dummies
Oh we've had a rough night... Screaming in pain with his teeth, fighting sleep... Ended up feeding him at midnight just to get him off to sleep- he only took a couple of oz's but it worked and he slept through until 7!

He's bringing up loads of milk and sometimes it's like saliva as well... Taking him to the GP today as a bit worried he's got reflux...
I always thought reflux couldn't develop once they're older but am I wrong?
He's taking 7oz bottles but bringing up a good 2 or 3... Not straight away but within an hour of feeding... And he's being burped regularly, he has gripe water to help with that as well...

And his poor little gums are really hurting him...
This sounds to me like he's taking more than he needs/wants n it's coming back up. I obv could b wrong tho...
I too thought u cudnt get it so far in but again... Cud b wrong :)

Cole was about 13 week old when his reflux properly kicked in. He would scream and cry, refused to sleep on his back, pulled faces as if there was a bad taste in his mouth, constantly had hiccups. Was horrible. When he had it we would get two hours sleep at a time, max. It was exhausting. He was on Gaviscon for it but it wasn't great. If he was sick it wasn't milky, it was like clear liquid with flecks of milk in it. It finally cleared up about two weeks into weaning.

Cole was about 13 week old when his reflux properly kicked in. He would scream and cry, refused to sleep on his back, pulled faces as if there was a bad taste in his mouth, constantly had hiccups. Was horrible. When he had it we would get two hours sleep at a time, max. It was exhausting. He was on Gaviscon for it but it wasn't great. If he was sick it wasn't milky, it was like clear liquid with flecks of milk in it. It finally cleared up about two weeks into weaning.

You are describing Oliver exactly!! And he's 13 weeks old today!!

Tommee tippee do them. They're just teething dummies

This sounds to me like he's taking more than he needs/wants n it's coming back up. I obv could b wrong tho...
I too thought u cudnt get it so far in but again... Cud b wrong :)

Just been googling and found them in Tesco so I shall be buying some of those today...

You are describing Oliver exactly!! And he's 13 weeks old today!!

If you go to the docs go armed with every symptom. I was prepared for a battle but as soon as I told her his symptoms she said reflux before I even suggested it. Cole's was classed as silent because he wasn't sick very often, it was more the screaming when he was on his back :(

So went to GP- she does think it's reflux but as it's only been a week she wants us to see if it continues for another week before prescribing medicine...
Otherwise he's happy and healthy and she also said if it is reflux she'd advise early weaning..
Went to Tesco and got him a TT teething dummy, so praying that helps too!!

For those who have got reflux babies, did your GP's advise early weaning?

So went to GP- she does think it's reflux but as it's only been a week she wants us to see if it continues for another week before prescribing medicine... Otherwise he's happy and healthy and she also said if it is reflux she'd advise early weaning.. Went to Tesco and got him a TT teething dummy, so praying that helps too!! For those who have got reflux babies, did your GP's advise early weaning?

Mine didn't but I started weaning a couple of days before he was 17 weeks anyway. It was always in my plans to wean earlier than 6 months unless Cole wasn't ready.

Ben has bad reflux and Oliver sounds quite similar. We tried gaviscon but it didn't work and we now use anti reflux milk which is amazing. However both cause terrible constipation my poor boy was bleeding from his bottom trying to poo so now has to have movicol every day. I would still try smaller more frequent bottles if you can, greedy boys taking more than they need doesn't help.
The teething dummy was from tesco, I like the sound if the cold muslin too.
My Sophie is mothercares version which is a deer and cost about £8 and is pretty much the same xx

Back