Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

OMG- Oliver is now having his SIXTH 8oz bottle today :eek:
That's a total of 48oz of milk since 4am!!!
Crazy stuff- spoken to HV today and she wants to do a full 'assessment' of him when she visits on Thursday to make sure he's ok and she said she will most likely advise us to start weaning him, just baby rice and porridge until he's 17 weeks before adding anything else!

Lol

See what HV has to say. Hope it's just a growth spurt and therefore hungry few days for Oliver. Did you try hungry baby? X
Yeh HV said it could be a growth spurt so she asked me to keep a record of all his feeds, nappies etc so she can study it when she comes round on Thursday...
I find it funny that I've got a little notebook in his room and some entries read: 9am- 8oz bottle, very wet nappy after just 3 hours, noon- 8oz bottle, stinky nappy, lots of poo!!!
My hubby couldn't stop laughing at it!
Yeh I've been giving him HB for 2 feeds a day (as advised by HV) but if anything, based in the notes I've been keeping, he's taking more milk each day!
He's showing lots of other signs that he's ready like copying me when I'm eating and he's never satisfied after a bottle, hence y he goes 3 hours between and yesterday he went just 2 hours between bottles!
Been writing it all down, so will see what HV says.
I don't actually want to start before 17 weeks, I feel very uneasy about it but he really seems to need it and the formula we are getting thru is ridiculous! X

Hi Dougal,
I too had to start weaning early as my little boy was taking 40-45oz a day of HB milk. He soon moved up in quantity of meals but is now a 1 year old with a varied appetite, he will literally eat anything put in front of him! I too felt very uneasy but as soon as we started it was like having a different baby he was much more content and we had bigger breaks during feeds. He still has 2 9-10oz bottles a day (3 if i would let him) but overall much less demanding on the feeding front

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Dougal,
I too had to start weaning early as my little boy was taking 40-45oz a day of HB milk. He soon moved up in quantity of meals but is now a 1 year old with a varied appetite, he will literally eat anything put in front of him! I too felt very uneasy but as soon as we started it was like having a different baby he was much more content and we had bigger breaks during feeds. He still has 2 9-10oz bottles a day (3 if i would let him) but overall much less demanding on the feeding front

Thanks RB that's good to know.
Oliver has been averaging 40oz of milk for almost a week now and yesterday was 48! Plus 16oz of it is HB milk but it seems to be making him hungrier!
What age was your little boy when you started weaning him?
Oliver is 14 weeks old today x

He was 14 weeks 3 or 5 days I think. He hated baby rice and after talking to HV she said with us they dont recommend too much of it or rusks for babies under 6 months so to focus on fruit or veg if he preferred them. Pear was the first thing he had and he inhaled way more than I was expecting as most people say they have 1 or 2 spoonfulls to start... No he wanted the lot!
It is a lot of milk for their little bellies to be holding! Bless him hope hanages to stretch his feeds a bit longer for you again x

He was 14 weeks 3 or 5 days I think. He hated baby rice and after talking to HV she said with us they dont recommend too much of it or rusks for babies under 6 months so to focus on fruit or veg if he preferred them. Pear was the first thing he had and he inhaled way more than I was expecting as most people say they have 1 or 2 spoonfulls to start... No he wanted the lot!
It is a lot of milk for their little bellies to be holding! Bless him hope hanages to stretch his feeds a bit longer for you again x

That's what I've been hearing a lot about baby rice but my HV said that's what she'd advise starting him on, so I've brought some...
We've also brought some banana porridge, which HV said would be ok if we start now.
He loves the taste of Bonjela (which is banana) and we tried him with a small mashed up hit of banana a few weeks back and he loved it!
I think Oliver will be like that, wanting more than 1 or 2 spoonfuls! X

That banana porridge was a firm favourite here and he continued having it for breakfast for ages! These big boys keep us on our toes with their food!

They certainly do!
He has always loved his milk right from day one :)

As I just posted in the wrong place Ben has 9-10 oz 3 hourly. Copying isn't a sign that it's time to wean, that is a myth. However doubling of birth weight and sitting up unaided are and I believe you said Oliver is doing this so you shouldn't have problems.
Ben can't sit yet so I have gone back to just milk I don't want to make him poorly or give him problems on later life.

As I just posted in the wrong place Ben has 9-10 oz 3 hourly. Copying isn't a sign that it's time to wean, that is a myth. However doubling of birth weight and sitting up unaided are and I believe you said Oliver is doing this so you shouldn't have problems.
Ben can't sit yet so I have gone back to just milk I don't want to make him poorly or give him problems on later life.
Yeh he can sit up unaided and he was 9lbs 11oz at birth, he's now 15lbs 12oz so not quite double.
I'm still a bit scared of doing it but if HV says it's ok, then I'll try at least.
And if he doesn't like it/want it I'll go back to just milk until he's 17 weeks and try again

Yeah that's what I'm doing however I tend to do the opposite my HV says as she is completely useless x

The aldi ones are really nice. Think it's chicken risotto and sweetcorn? Seemed v popular anyway. and their fruit ones are lots cheaper than Ella's kitchen and are the same! X

I may be going to aldi on thurs, any baby food recommendations? Will try chicken risotto and sweet corn. Any others good? X

Yeah that's what I'm doing however I tend to do the opposite my HV says as she is completely useless x
I wasn't keen on mine at first but I've seen her a lot and she's turned to be really nice and helpful x

I may be going to aldi on thurs, any baby food recommendations? Will try chicken risotto and sweet corn. Any others good? X

Tbh they don't have a huge selection at the one near me but I think they have some called truly scrumptious? And they have all seemed good. They are organic and British. Their mamia fruit purées are fine-look exactly like Ella's kitchen! They often have Heinz stuff as well and snacks like rice cakes and the Heinz biscotti which I've had in the past and they have all been fine.
I really like their wipes actually! Xx.

Tbh they don't have a huge selection at the one near me but I think they have some called truly scrumptious? And they have all seemed good. They are organic and British. Their mamia fruit purées are fine-look exactly like Ella's kitchen! They often have Heinz stuff as well and snacks like rice cakes and the Heinz biscotti which I've had in the past and they have all been fine. I really like their wipes actually! Xx.

Lovely thanks. Am excited!! Ha ha x

Sorry for the delay in replying ladies!! Thank you for the weaning advice :) Taken it all on board, thank you :) xx

So... I'm broody. Very broody. I really really miss being pregnant. Would love to go through it all again. Had to do a test today because my period is 4 days late and it was a BFN. It doesn't feel right at all to see a negative, it feels so wrong?! I'm having a really odd month on the pill, lots of random bleeding, and now no period so I'm coming off it now. I hate my body being all messed up because of contraception and hormones so I'm having a fake-hormone-free body from now on. I don't think we'll be trying yet (might have to use other precautions) but hopefully in the new year xx

Sorry for the delay in replying ladies!! Thank you for the weaning advice :) Taken it all on board, thank you :) xx So... I'm broody. Very broody. I really really miss being pregnant. Would love to go through it all again. Had to do a test today because my period is 4 days late and it was a BFN. It doesn't feel right at all to see a negative, it feels so wrong?! I'm having a really odd month on the pill, lots of random bleeding, and now no period so I'm coming off it now. I hate my body being all messed up because of contraception and hormones so I'm having a fake-hormone-free body from now on. I don't think we'll be trying yet (might have to use other precautions) but hopefully in the new year xx

That's why I've had the copper coil. I hate the thought of what hormones could be doing to me, especially with everything being messed up with my PCOS. No more pills or injections for me :) xx

What yogurts do h give susie???

I've checked the label on all the usual baby yogurts n the sugar content is stupid!! No way I'm giving them... She has the odd Glenisk baby yogurt but it's still quite high in sugar so I only give it once r twice a week

Back