Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

What yogurts do h give susie??? I've checked the label on all the usual baby yogurts n the sugar content is stupid!! No way I'm giving them... She has the odd Glenisk baby yogurt but it's still quite high in sugar so I only give it once r twice a week

Just plain Greek yoghurt hun. Or Greek style. The full fat stuff obv. They often just contain milk. That's it! And obv yoghurt cultures but no sugar etc. I did try her with full fat natural yog but it's quite sharp though she might like it now tbh. As with most of my shopping I tend to get it from Aldi.......it's yummy!

Sorry for the delay in replying ladies!! Thank you for the weaning advice :) Taken it all on board, thank you :) xx So... I'm broody. Very broody. I really really miss being pregnant. Would love to go through it all again. Had to do a test today because my period is 4 days late and it was a BFN. It doesn't feel right at all to see a negative, it feels so wrong?! I'm having a really odd month on the pill, lots of random bleeding, and now no period so I'm coming off it now. I hate my body being all messed up because of contraception and hormones so I'm having a fake-hormone-free body from now on. I don't think we'll be trying yet (might have to use other precautions) but hopefully in the new year xx

I didn't get on well with the pills, any of them, or the injection! So coil for me as well. Hope you settle down soon, at least it should be free from your body if you're thinking about trying in the new year! X

Wow Oliver has taken 16oz today already :eek:
He took 48oz yesterday then had me up at 3:30 for an 8oz bottle and he's now just finished another...

Bens done 20 so far today.... Yawn I need someone to bring me a large double strength coffee.
Got my HV coming today and I could really do with not being tired as I'm always more emotional. Anyway I've decided today I'm going to meet her as professional me not mummy me as I'm well and truly sick of their terrible advice and condescending attitude.... Ready for a fight lol x

Bens done 20 so far today.... Yawn I need someone to bring me a large double strength coffee. Got my HV coming today and I could really do with not being tired as I'm always more emotional. Anyway I've decided today I'm going to meet her as professional me not mummy me as I'm well and truly sick of their terrible advice and condescending attitude.... Ready for a fight lol x

Oh I'll have a large double strength coffee too please! X

Bens done 20 so far today.... Yawn I need someone to bring me a large double strength coffee. Got my HV coming today and I could really do with not being tired as I'm always more emotional. Anyway I've decided today I'm going to meet her as professional me not mummy me as I'm well and truly sick of their terrible advice and condescending attitude.... Ready for a fight lol x

Good for you! :) hope you get your coffee. Think we are all tired today! I had a terrible nights sleep, not baby related, but i feel like poo this am! Keep having hot sweats.....like I wake up soaking wet-sheets/pjs etc. :(

Good for you! :) hope you get your coffee. Think we are all tired today! I had a terrible nights sleep, not baby related, but i feel like poo this am! Keep having hot sweats.....like I wake up soaking wet-sheets/pjs etc. :(

I've been having this too just put it down to hormones and excess fluid needing to be shifted etc. although my room temp last night was 26 degrees which I was shocked about. Xx

It was warm last night- Oliver's room temp said 21 and that's with both windows wide open! Our bedroom was 24!

Where are your thermometers? In the summer cole's bedroom thermometer kept saying 30 degrees. It was on a shelf, a few foot higher than his cot. One day I'd moved it and put it on the floor to clean and it said 22 degrees. When I put it in Cole's cot to see what the temp was in there it was 24-25 degrees. Which is obviously too hot still but just shows that the higher the thermometer the hotter the room seemed to be. Might not be the case with yours but thought it worth mentioning.

Ones on a shelf in his room and ones on the windowsill hadn't thought about positioning before. Our house is like a conservatory though so I tend to keep Bens curtains closed but thought the hot days were over and then it was really warm yesterday xx

Ones on a shelf in his room and ones on the windowsill hadn't thought about positioning before. Our house is like a conservatory though so I tend to keep Bens curtains closed but thought the hot days were over and then it was really warm yesterday xx

Ours is the same, really holds the heat. I have a Gro blind up at cole's window that I leave up all day, really cools it down. I open the window during the day but won't leave it open at night, paranoia thanks to my job ;) xx

Yea Susie Aldi is my place to shop too.. Though I do have to go to Supervalu for her formula and Lidl for her nappies... Aldi nappies are grand, never had a problem with them but the Lidl ones have drylock so are much thinner and that makes me think more comfy on her...
So its just "normal" greek yogurt?? Not a one directed mainly for kids??
Also.. When giving toast/sandwiches.. What butter do you use (if any)?
I gave Éabha a tiny piece of my toast the other day n she loved it... it had "normal" (low fat hee hee) margarine on it which I don't want to be giving her...
Sorry for all the Q's...

Yea Susie Aldi is my place to shop too.. Though I do have to go to Supervalu for her formula and Lidl for her nappies... Aldi nappies are grand, never had a problem with them but the Lidl ones have drylock so are much thinner and that makes me think more comfy on her... So its just "normal" greek yogurt?? Not a one directed mainly for kids?? Also.. When giving toast/sandwiches.. What butter do you use (if any)? I gave Éabha a tiny piece of my toast the other day n she loved it... it had "normal" (low fat hee hee) margarine on it which I don't want to be giving her... Sorry for all the Q's...

I buy unsalted Lurpak for Cole. Tastes boring but better for him. He's had bites of our food with low fat marg in but only the odd bite, not on his own food. Depending on what he has on the sandwich/toast I don't even use it. If he has jam, hummus, dairylea or philedelphia I don't put any butter on. But then I don't for me either.

I buy unsalted Lurpak for Cole. Tastes boring but better for him. He's had bites of our food with low fat marg in but only the odd bite, not on his own food. Depending on what he has on the sandwich/toast I don't even use it. If he has jam, hummus, dairylea or philedelphia I don't put any butter on. But then I don't for me either.

Yea I guess, thinking about it, she won't need it on toast even as it'll as soggy from her chewing it she won't need anything on it.. lol

I made steak casserole using baby stock cubes so I could blitz it up a bit and Éabha could have some too... baby food is so bland!!!! I had to add loads of salt n pepper to flavour my dinner and even made a cup of bisto to throw over it... lol

Yea I guess, thinking about it, she won't need it on toast even as it'll as soggy from her chewing it she won't need anything on it.. lol I made steak casserole using baby stock cubes so I could blitz it up a bit and Éabha could have some too... baby food is so bland!!!! I had to add loads of salt n pepper to flavour my dinner and even made a cup of bisto to throw over it... lol

I've got some baby stock cubes so I'll be doing the same, taking his out then putting bisto in ours.
I put butter on toast if he's just having it plain but any other 'wet' toppings I don't bother.

Wowzer amazing difference with my HV today actually got some sensible advise and no attitude. Shame I had to complain to get treated better though. X

Wowzer amazing difference with my HV today actually got some sensible advise and no attitude. Shame I had to complain to get treated better though. X

Glad they were better with you. Like you say though, shame it took a complaint x

I just feel really sorry and worried for the mums who follow their terrible advice and potentially put their babies at risk. I hope my complaining makes them think a bit more x

Back