Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Aw soon be here (i know thats annoying to hear) part of the excitement is not knowing when its coming x

It is exiting the not knowing but I'm also dreading making it 10 days over I'm hoping something happens before then so for now I'm enjoying my naps and baths while I can lol x

It is exiting the not knowing but I'm also dreading making it 10 days over I'm hoping something happens before then so for now I'm enjoying my naps and baths while I can lol x
Just enjoy the last few days of being child free :)
baths and naps?? What are they?? Lol :p xx

I cant look at the bath with out thinking pain so still not had one ha ha

See I never felt like this cos my experience of a water birth was so relaxing aside from the pain lol.
It did take me weeks to have a bath tho simply cos I had stitches and couldn't really sit down properly... Plus I never had the time lol x

See I never felt like this cos my experience of a water birth was so relaxing aside from the pain lol. It did take me weeks to have a bath tho simply cos I had stitches and couldn't really sit down properly... Plus I never had the time lol x

There is the time thing ha ha , i just see pain when i see it as i spent hours in there before i went in, i was reading a book to which i want to finish but cant face!! I take my hat off to you using the pool i wanted to but was out the question i needed an epi! I have said if there is a number 2 im demanding an epidural be sited before labour even starts ha ha!!

There is the time thing ha ha , i just see pain when i see it as i spent hours in there before i went in, i was reading a book to which i want to finish but cant face!! I take my hat off to you using the pool i wanted to but was out the question i needed an epi! I have said if there is a number 2 im demanding an epidural be sited before labour even starts ha ha!!

I didn't want an epidural unless I really really needed it, I have a phobia of needles you see...
And I really wanted to stay in the pool too....
I've already said I'm def having a water birth if there's a number 2 :)

I'm full of cold... And now so is my little man :(
Now that's he old enough to have everything going pain relief wise (he's almost 4 months) what do you ladies recommend?
I have Calpol and Nurofen here, he's got a slight cough and a really runny nose and sounds all bunged up (just like his mummy) xx

I'm full of cold... And now so is my little man :( Now that's he old enough to have everything going pain relief wise (he's almost 4 months) what do you ladies recommend? I have Calpol and Nurofen here, he's got a slight cough and a really runny nose and sounds all bunged up (just like his mummy) xx

Snufflebaby on a cloth next to his cot, where he can't reach it. You can get vapour plug ins from boots that are good. Horrible as it sounds you can get snot suckers (makes me gag thinking about it!) to clear their noses or the saline squirter that you just shoot up their nose to clear it. I stuck with calpol for Cole if he needed it as it can be given more often than Nurofen if needs be. Take him into the bathroom while it's steamy too. And lots of mummy cuddles :)

Did anyone drink rasberry leaf tea? If so did you get any side effects? It's either coinsedense or I feel really sick as though I'm going to be but nothing and as though I'm going to have diarea but I dont, happened yesterday and day before, happened today but I did have diarea this time, must be the tea although I'm hoping it's early labour lol x

Did anyone drink rasberry leaf tea? If so did you get any side effects? It's either coinsedense or I feel really sick as though I'm going to be but nothing and as though I'm going to have diarea but I dont, happened yesterday and day before, happened today but I did have diarea this time, must be the tea although I'm hoping it's early labour lol x
Could be early labour... I was like that for a few days before he arrived... And I never drunk raspberry leaf tea x

Snufflebaby on a cloth next to his cot, where he can't reach it. You can get vapour plug ins from boots that are good. Horrible as it sounds you can get snot suckers (makes me gag thinking about it!) to clear their noses or the saline squirter that you just shoot up their nose to clear it. I stuck with calpol for Cole if he needed it as it can be given more often than Nurofen if needs be. Take him into the bathroom while it's steamy too. And lots of mummy cuddles :)

Yeh we prefer Calpol for that very same reason! Sent hubby out with a list of stuff for both me and Oliver...
He's getting lots of mummy cuddles today as I need them too.
And there's nothing better than your little man's arms round your neck whilst he snuggles in <3

Yeh we prefer Calpol for that very same reason! Sent hubby out with a list of stuff for both me and Oliver... He's getting lots of mummy cuddles today as I need them too. And there's nothing better than your little man's arms round your neck whilst he snuggles in <3

I've all on to get Cole to snuggle these days. I get a kiss if I'm lucky. The only time he puts his arms round me is when I'm carrying him. Independant little man.
Hope you both feel better soon x

I've all on to get Cole to snuggle these days. I get a kiss if I'm lucky. The only time he puts his arms round me is when I'm carrying him. Independant little man.
Hope you both feel better soon x
I hope Oliver doesn't stop wanting cuddles any time soon.
Thanks xx

Oh no get better soon Kirsty and Oliver. I agree with Sarah. Could also put baby olbas into steaming water in the room. Help clear both of you. Get well soon xx
Thanks, he's very sleepy bless him xx

I want to start doing some messy play and craft stuff with Cole. Anyone got any suggestions suitable for an 8 month old please? We don't go to baby group so I don't really know what kind of things to do with him. Obvious we play with his toys, and he's too young for a lot of crafty things, but looking for a bit of inspiration.

Bens the same I don't get many cuddles now he's too busy.
We've done hand and foot painting a few times which has been more fun for me lol xx

I want to start doing some messy play and craft stuff with Cole. Anyone got any suggestions suitable for an 8 month old please? We don't go to baby group so I don't really know what kind of things to do with him. Obvious we play with his toys, and he's too young for a lot of crafty things, but looking for a bit of inspiration.

Paint hand or feet and make hand or foot prints

Re messy play, jelly, custard, rice pudding, porridge. Put into baby bath or a bowl and then let him play with it. Different textures etc and doesn't matter if he puts it in his mouth.

Will try think about other crafts we have done at baby group x

Thanks everyone, will give these a try. I'm just conscious that I'm going back to work in 3.5 months so want to actually do things with him as well as him entertaining himself with his toys xx

Back