Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I'm full of cold... And now so is my little man :(
Now that's he old enough to have everything going pain relief wise (he's almost 4 months) what do you ladies recommend?
I have Calpol and Nurofen here, he's got a slight cough and a really runny nose and sounds all bunged up (just like his mummy) xx
I wouldn't give calpol or nurofen unless he has a temp or seems in pain...
As Sarah says snuffle babe either on a cloth nearby or in warm water in the room he's in most..

I've woke up today absolutely smothering.. Throat has been aching for days but seems much better today..
Was at the chemist just now asking for a prebiotic to give Éabha in the hope of building her immune system so she doesn't catch it but was told there's nothing she can take til she's about 2 :(
So will just have to keep kisses n cuddles to myself for a while n hope she doesn't catch it...
Though her cousin had it n was with her last week.. Then her granddad had it.. now me.. So I reckon its inevitable she'll get it.. Just hoping if she does its a mild dose.. poor baba

Hope you're both feeling better xx

Ladies- what or how do you keep your little ones hands warm at night?
Last few nights, Oliver's hands have been icy... He sleeps in a sleep suit and a grobag and windows are shut...
He has got some sleep suits with the little hand mitts on but when I tried that, he cried and cried and then started chewing on it, making it soaking wet, which he cried about lol.
Any ideas? X

I wait for Ben to go asleep then tuck a blanket over him, sometimes he pulls them out again but he's not particularly bothered x

Ladies- what or how do you keep your little ones hands warm at night? Last few nights, Oliver's hands have been icy... He sleeps in a sleep suit and a grobag and windows are shut... He has got some sleep suits with the little hand mitts on but when I tried that, he cried and cried and then started chewing on it, making it soaking wet, which he cried about lol. Any ideas? X

We don't have this problem yet. Oliver is a human radiator!

Cole is rarely cold but undo the same as Katie and tick his hands in. He pulls them out during the night but it obviously doesn't bother him.

Éabha's the same... She's had cold hands since the very start though.. PHN said as long as her chest is warm, she's OK.. Some people just have cold hands.... (I do too... and feet)
Yeh he's otherwise toasty and I suffer with cold hands and feet so that be must be where he gets it from :) x

Yeh he's otherwise toasty and I suffer with cold hands and feet so that be must be where he gets it from :) x

I spent months stressing over É's hands being so cold and I prob will again once winter hits but she had icy hands all through the summer too.... I guess we wouldn't be doing our job right if we didn't stress :)

Speaking of stressing... E fell over the other day n knocked her head off the floor... She screamed bless her and Daddy looked after her... And I knew I had to leave him to make her better as he's every bit as capable as I am and she needs to know Daddy too can make her better... but I felt so guilty that I stood watching and crying with her....
Anyone else get affected like this when Daddy is comforting Baba or am I just being OTT???

No you are not the only one, I often am desperate to take Ben off Luke as I think I can comfort better but had to restrain myself as it's not fair on either of them :( plus I think sometimes if it's a bump or poorly baby mummies need the comfort as well as babies xx

Yeh I'm the same, I really struggle leaving Oliver with Paul even tho he's just as capable as me!

Glad it's not just me. I know Jonathan can look after her every bit as much as I can. N he takes it personally that I take over. But she's MY baby. I'm her mammy. Mammys make it better...
I did stop myself taking over but I sobbed

Aww it is hard, I have to try so hard not to interfere. I'm a bit of a control freak sometimes too which doesn't help, my way is best haha! X

Aww it is hard, I have to try so hard not to interfere. I'm a bit of a control freak sometimes too which doesn't help, my way is best haha! X

Definitely. Mammy always knows best :)

image-3382783097.jpg

image-2046879447.jpg
Thought some of u might be interested in this x

I spent months stressing over É's hands being so cold and I prob will again once winter hits but she had icy hands all through the summer too.... I guess we wouldn't be doing our job right if we didn't stress :)

Speaking of stressing... E fell over the other day n knocked her head off the floor... She screamed bless her and Daddy looked after her... And I knew I had to leave him to make her better as he's every bit as capable as I am and she needs to know Daddy too can make her better... but I felt so guilty that I stood watching and crying with her....
Anyone else get affected like this when Daddy is comforting Baba or am I just being OTT???

Gosh no I'm so the same!! I thinj it's because we are their mother! No matter what we need to sooth and love them even though daddy is capable!! Jacob often hurts himself and once Rob has cuddled him I have to sooth him also! X

Cole's nose is streaming this morning. I've been wiping it (more gentle dabbing) but I'm worried I'm going to make it sore. He's also nicely wiping it on my top a lot! Is there any way I can keep it clear without over wiping? I've got one of those sucker things but it's still running when he's playing. He hates his nose being touched at all, he's never let me do it.

Try putting a load of Vaseline around it as a barrier and obviously only very gentle tissues xx

Try putting a load of Vaseline around it as a barrier and obviously only very gentle tissues xx

Never thought of Vaseline, thanks! Xx

Quick pushchair question ladies....when/if you have a second, what are you thinking of doing pushchair wise, can yours convert?
We've got an icandy peach which we got second hand. I love it and would be loath to give it up/sell it. It's a peach 1 so the converter kit is hard to come by as they now do a peach 2 and 3. We can upgrade but to buy the new upgrade kit and converter suitable for a baby would likely cost about £400 new. So we could buy a new double for that price. We might be able to get a second hand set but it's not guaranteed and eBay is almost as expensive as new! Especially as ours is black jack colour and that's now discontinued....
So....do we sell it now? Or leave it until we need a new one? But then it will be even more out of date and might not get as much for it? Or buy a converter now?

Back