Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Quick pushchair question ladies....when/if you have a second, what are you thinking of doing pushchair wise, can yours convert? We've got an icandy peach which we got second hand. I love it and would be loath to give it up/sell it. It's a peach 1 so the converter kit is hard to come by as they now do a peach 2 and 3. We can upgrade but to buy the new upgrade kit and converter suitable for a baby would likely cost about £400 new. So we could buy a new double for that price. We might be able to get a second hand set but it's not guaranteed and eBay is almost as expensive as new! Especially as ours is black jack colour and that's now discontinued.... So....do we sell it now? Or leave it until we need a new one? But then it will be even more out of date and might not get as much for it? Or buy a converter now?

We've got a Silvercross Linear Freeway so it doesn't convert. Think when we have a second we'll still use it and get a buggy board thingy for Cole to stand on. We've got a double pushchair at my dads that me and Lindsay bought to leave there for when we're both back at work so if I need it I'll borrow that. Zac is three now and hasn't wanted to be in his pushchair since Christmas so Lindsay got a buggy board for her pram. I'm not up on all this converting stuff as it never entered my head that we might need a double one day.

Mums with babies over 6 months I need some weaning advise.
Bens currently having 5 x 8 oz bottles, after breakfast he has fruit, lunch veg puree and tea baby porridge. He's started waking hungry in the night again I don't know if it's just a growth spurt or if I should change his routine? Any advise appreciated xx

Re: the buggy I'm going to get a new one as I hate mine. I love the I candy! Maybe keep yours and keep an eye on preloved/eBay until the time comes? Xx

What age is he now Katie? Could you up his food?
Thomas has 4 7oz bottles a day, porridge for breakfast then usually a veg puree and yogurt with fruit for lunch and dinner.
Sounds like it might be a growth spurt x

He's 22 weeks now. Roll on 24 weeks so I can add stuff, can I try some blended chicken at lunch? Xx

Quick pushchair question ladies....when/if you have a second, what are you thinking of doing pushchair wise, can yours convert? We've got an icandy peach which we got second hand. I love it and would be loath to give it up/sell it. It's a peach 1 so the converter kit is hard to come by as they now do a peach 2 and 3. We can upgrade but to buy the new upgrade kit and converter suitable for a baby would likely cost about £400 new. So we could buy a new double for that price. We might be able to get a second hand set but it's not guaranteed and eBay is almost as expensive as new! Especially as ours is black jack colour and that's now discontinued.... So....do we sell it now? Or leave it until we need a new one? But then it will be even more out of date and might not get as much for it? Or buy a converter now?

No idea!! Realistically Oliver will be walking age before we have another one so he can stand on the back of the buggy if required. X

Do you all still give the milk first? Will try giving an extra meal and some protein. Thanks xx

I give Thomas his food then milk for his first 2 then just milk in afternoon then he has food for his dinner around 5 and last bottle around 6.30 then bed around 7.30.

I'd add meat to his veg puree hun... I've been giving Éabha chicken since about 5 months as advised from PHN.. Obviously very well pureed.. She also said she could have other meats and veg but I thought beef is quite a heavy/tough meats so held off..

I give Cole his milk first as still see it as most important. He never drinks more than 5oz now. Tends to drink milk before brekkie and tea but dinner and bed he never wants it. I'd say to mix in a bit of protein too, might help if he is hungry xx

Do you all still give the milk first? Will try giving an extra meal and some protein. Thanks xx

Nope but then Oliver doesn't have that many bottles now. He has milk first in the morning before brekkie but then doesn't have milk again until after his afternoon nap then before bed. So those two aren't with meal times x

I'd add meat to his veg puree hun... I've been giving Éabha chicken since about 5 months as advised from PHN.. Obviously very well pureed.. She also said she could have other meats and veg but I thought beef is quite a heavy/tough meats so held off..

I did casserole steak in the slow cooker and it was gorgeous, very soft. In fact that's what Oliver has for dinner today! X

I did casserole steak in the slow cooker and it was gorgeous, very soft. In fact that's what Oliver has for dinner today! X
I need to get to the wholesale butchers as they're steak pieces are FAB when done in the slow cooker... Other steak pieces I've got just don't seem to cook as well.. I've tried loads but they don't seem to be as good quality...

Thomas has 7oz and isn't happy when it's finished!
I got an Annabel Karmel book the other day so got a steak in today for the first time.
He's only had chicken and tuna so far.

Don't know if anyone needs anything but sainsburys have a baby event on. They have lots of 2 for £3 on organix snacks etc and nappies and wipes on offer.
X

Don't know if anyone needs anything but sainsburys have a baby event on. They have lots of 2 for £3 on organix snacks etc and nappies and wipes on offer. X

Thanks.

Think ocado/Waitrose had offers on the Ella kitchen pouches and organix snacks too. I haven't got one near me so just going by what a friend said.

I'm thinking ahead to the dreaded C word and wondering what you recommend for a 7 month old?
MIL is getting Oliver a jumperoo, we want to buy him a bath seat and maybe a ball pit... Other than clothes I don't really know what else as it's hard to know what he'll be capable of doing then (i.e sitting up, crawling, etc)
Any thoughts?

I'm thinking ahead to the dreaded C word and wondering what you recommend for a 7 month old? MIL is getting Oliver a jumperoo, we want to buy him a bath seat and maybe a ball pit... Other than clothes I don't really know what else as it's hard to know what he'll be capable of doing then (i.e sitting up, crawling, etc) Any thoughts?

This is Oliver's age now so things he loves are toys he can press and they open like this :

Press the buttons at the bottom and doors open and play old McDonald
Touchy feel books are good too.

Attachments

• image-1014443908.jpg
    image-1014443908.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 51
Ah yes I've seen loads of those when I was in ToysRus with my mum... Might even get him a walker too as he's already very strong on his legs and I get a feeling he won't be a crawler!

Back