Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ooh, just realised I've never updated my location - Elgin is in Scotland, but we are in Cyprus now for the next 3 years ;)

Ooh nice... Send some sun to miserable grey Ireland would ya :D TIA :) lol

Ooh, just realised I've never updated my location - Elgin is in Scotland, but we are in Cyprus now for the next 3 years ;)

I've got a friend from Elgin. Lives in Yorkshire now though :)

Joie Brisk Stroller - Starburst - Pushchairs This is the one I got.. its cheap n cheerful.. really light and lovely to push.. It was bought to leave in her grandparents to save having to bundle it back and forward every night but I'd be more than happy with it as a main pram... the only thing is she's forward facing and while she loves that, being a nosey little madame, I miss her little face looking at me.. but as I said.. its a second pram so when strolling to the shops or anything I still use the main pram :D I know they really do grow fast don't they?! Everyone says this but you never realise just how fast til you've had your baby n weeks go by in a flash.. Don't feel guilty hun.. its completely normal.. I was really sore and tender for a good 2 weeks before it started easing.. And I didn't have an episiotomy.. I did tear but it wasn't a bad tear.. I did have 10 stitches but they healed well n with no issues.. it does get on top of you sometimes though.. Brooke is such a beautiful name.. Are you giving her a middle name?

That looks like a nice little pram for the car will look out.

Midwife cane today she said i could be bleeding more due to being bit more active and just take it easy, i was brave and let her look at my stitches she said the have come open a little bit but no signs of infection, she has agreed to see me once again next week instead of discharging me just to check again.

The anti inflamatries i was prescribes aren't suitable for breastfeeding, im expressing so i had to wait for another script today, express and throw away for today which is annoying as i am only just getting one feed a day( i was happy with one a day as didn't want to stress over it)

Brooke margaret , after my nan although she used her middle name winnie , and its a coincidence its hubbys nans name to although she uses peggy?! I like brooke its a little different but not too strange !

I got a crib second hand £40 with a new mattress which is ace for the 6 months shel be in it!

That looks like a nice little pram for the car will look out. Midwife cane today she said i could be bleeding more due to being bit more active and just take it easy, i was brave and let her look at my stitches she said the have come open a little bit but no signs of infection, she has agreed to see me once again next week instead of discharging me just to check again. The anti inflamatries i was prescribes aren't suitable for breastfeeding, im expressing so i had to wait for another script today, express and throw away for today which is annoying as i am only just getting one feed a day( i was happy with one a day as didn't want to stress over it) Brooke margaret , after my nan although she used her middle name winnie , and its a coincidence its hubbys nans name to although she uses peggy?! I like brooke its a little different but not too strange ! I got a crib second hand £40 with a new mattress which is ace for the 6 months shel be in it!

Well done for being brave, we've seen it all and at least you know!
What anti inflammatories were you prescribed? Seems a shame they gave you the wrong ones xx

Has anyone used Amazon Family orSubscribe and Save for buying nappies/wipes etc?

I realise it's different when in the UK and able to get the supermarket bargains, but just wondered... The subscribe and save might be ok for us, but I think paying £79 for the Amazon family, it would take a long time to be worthwhile!!

Going to order a little stockpile of nappies once we get paid next week, don't think there is much point in subscribing til at least baby is here.

Has anyone used Amazon Family orSubscribe and Save for buying nappies/wipes etc? I realise it's different when in the UK and able to get the supermarket bargains, but just wondered... The subscribe and save might be ok for us, but I think paying £79 for the Amazon family, it would take a long time to be worthwhile!! Going to order a little stockpile of nappies once we get paid next week, don't think there is much point in subscribing til at least baby is here.

I haven't but my friend did Amazon family. How much cheaper are the nappies? You prob will get your money back because you'll go through a lot of nappies and Amazon is great for a lot of baby stuff. Oliver used to go through 8 or so nappies a day to start with. Now he is more on 4 or 5 nappies a day. So you'll definitely go through them. Do you get discount on wipes? Water wipes are great to begin with. You probably want to try different brands first to see which your baby gets on with. Oliver has sensitive skin but can use the Huggies green packet ones which are usually £1.50-2 each: a packet lasts us between 1-2 weeks so once again costs a fair bit. We make sure we buy nappies and wipes on offer. To start with I used cotton wool and water and if he has a bit of nappy rash then don't use wipes but all the other times I use wipes for pure convenience.

Once again don't know if you get discount on all baby stuff but I got loads of from Amazon - dummies, feeding pillow, Muslins, bibs.... Then toys and books. Love it!

Need some advice regarding feeds at night:

Oliver has slept really well for the last 2 nights and so far so good tonight- he goes down at 7, but instead of waking up at 10 for his usual feed, we've had to wake him up and practically dream feed him... He goes straight back to sleep until 5 when he wakes for his usual bottle...
When do we cut out the 10pm one? Esp as he doesn't wake for it?
Do we just keep it up until he starts to take very little of it? (He currently has around 5oz ish) x

Need some advice regarding feeds at night: Oliver has slept really well for the last 2 nights and so far so good tonight- he goes down at 7, but instead of waking up at 10 for his usual feed, we've had to wake him up and practically dream feed him... He goes straight back to sleep until 5 when he wakes for his usual bottle... When do we cut out the 10pm one? Esp as he doesn't wake for it? Do we just keep it up until he starts to take very little of it? (He currently has around 5oz ish) x

I would give it a go and see how you get on, that's what we did. One night we didn't wake her, then She then woke us at 3am for a feed so went back to waking her and then one night she refused it put her back to bed and she slept through. No harm in seeing what occurs! X

We put used to put Cole to bed at 7pm and dream feed 10-11pm then decided one day to see if he'd sleep later. He slept until 4am, the next night 5am then the next night he started sleeping through and has since. We've had the odd 4am bottle maybe half a dozen times since the first week of June, but it's not bad. And some days he gets up at 5.30am but usually between 6 & 7 :)

I think, cos he takes pretty much all of the bottle, we are going to continue with the 10pm feed...
However as we are on holiday next week, we may try dropping it one night and seeing what happens.. As he if does want it at 2-3am, it's not going to disrupt us too much, as hubby won't be working and we can lay in the next morning :) x

Probably a good idea as 4 month sleep regression may hit and if you are anything like me you'll be kicking yourself you changed the routine. X

I haven't but my friend did Amazon family. How much cheaper are the nappies? You prob will get your money back because you'll go through a lot of nappies and Amazon is great for a lot of baby stuff. Oliver used to go through 8 or so nappies a day to start with. Now he is more on 4 or 5 nappies a day. So you'll definitely go through them. Do you get discount on wipes? Water wipes are great to begin with. You probably want to try different brands first to see which your baby gets on with. Oliver has sensitive skin but can use the Huggies green packet ones which are usually £1.50-2 each: a packet lasts us between 1-2 weeks so once again costs a fair bit. We make sure we buy nappies and wipes on offer. To start with I used cotton wool and water and if he has a bit of nappy rash then don't use wipes but all the other times I use wipes for pure convenience.

Once again don't know if you get discount on all baby stuff but I got loads of from Amazon - dummies, feeding pillow, Muslins, bibs.... Then toys and books. Love it!

I think with Amazon family, it's only nappies you get a discount on so I reckon it would take me a long time to make it worthwhile paying the £79 upfront, if I'm only saving £1-£1.50 per box of nappies... Apparently they do have offers on other baby stuff each month, but the reviews for that haven't been great. Might just stick with bulk buying for now and get a 5% discount - better than nothing ;)

I have bought loads and loads of other baby stuff on Amazon, in fact I'm hoping hubby comes home today with another load of packages for me!!

Is there such a thing as a sippy cup that doesn't spill water everywhere?!? Soaked mummy and baby xx

Is there such a thing as a sippy cup that doesn't spill water everywhere?!? Soaked mummy and baby xx

Yes. Nuby do one. But it's quite difficult to drink from initially so I stuck with tommee tippee one til she got the hang of it

Probably a good idea as 4 month sleep regression may hit and if you are anything like me you'll be kicking yourself you changed the routine. X
That's a very good point! I think we'll stick with it for now.
Thanks x

I think with Amazon family, it's only nappies you get a discount on so I reckon it would take me a long time to make it worthwhile paying the £79 upfront, if I'm only saving £1-£1.50 per box of nappies... Apparently they do have offers on other baby stuff each month, but the reviews for that haven't been great. Might just stick with bulk buying for now and get a 5% discount - better than nothing ;) I have bought loads and loads of other baby stuff on Amazon, in fact I'm hoping hubby comes home today with another load of packages for me!!

Oh if it is just nappies then leave it I say. Ooh love getting baby parcels lol.

Girls

Have any of you given your little ones this?

image-3184293366.jpg

Says on the box it should taste like orange. There's a slight hint of orange but I just licked some off my finger and all I can taste is iron. Is it supposed to be that strong?!

Back