Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hey Ladies, when u started weaning did u give food before or after the bottle? I know they say to give after as milk should be the main calories they take in but Mia is taking it before her bottle, she has her bottle 15 min later n still drinks it. Xx

I give milk first at 8am, food at 9:30-10.
I figured my boy wouldn't be so receptive to food too soon after his milk and 2 ish hours works well for him.
Every baby is different, do what you think best- the main thing is she's still drinking her milk, that's important x

I always give milk first as the point is that should be their main source of nutrition. The food is just a bonus. Now at 7 months, I give milk then an hour later we have meals together. S milk at 7 breaks at 8, milk at 11 lunch at 12, milk at 3 tea at 4 ish then bedtime bottle at 7.30.
If she's drinking all her milk after it's not a problem if she starts leaving milk I would switch it xx

Same here.. Always gave milk first n then like Sarah when it was established gave them separate..
Just in case.. coz you don't want to overfeed either.. I think sometimes they'd take the bottle anyway as its a comfort as well as a feed.. If that makes sense?!
x

Yeah I agree with u all actually, I'll start and give her the bottle first then food maybe a hr later xx

Girls what do you do with your babies all day?
I'm not sure if it's just that the toys we've got are boring but I'm finding it really hard now naps in the day are short. Not put tv on..... Yet.
Xx

Girls what do you do with your babies all day? I'm not sure if it's just that the toys we've got are boring but I'm finding it really hard now naps in the day are short. Not put tv on..... Yet. Xx

I often have this issue...

Mix of toy playing, few books out, build towers with stacking cups then oliver bashes them down, play peekaboo behind the doors, ball pall for a bit, cbeebies on tv for a bit although he usually is playing whilst half watching... Then I take him out so swimming, sing and sign, baby group, for a walk, to my parents, see friends.

This week has been tough because haven't been to any groups.

Might be time for me to go to a group! Xx

Oooh will have a look thanks xx

It is hard isn't it?
We have lots of toys downstairs and sometimes he goes in his walker or Jumperoo but not very often. His favourite toys are an inflatable ball and a balloon just now!! Loves musical toys too.
Most days I need to get out and about tbh Sunday is sometimes a house day or a playgroup, Monday is music class, Tuesday is swimming, Wednesday is usually soft play and Thursday playgroup as well as play dates with other mums and babies or meeting friends for lunch.
I've tried to avoid telly so don't really have it on till night time just now.

I struggled a bit too but I started doing things in the house and taking her with me. So hoovering/cleaning/sweeping/putting washing away etc etc. it passed the time for sure as it was all stuff I used to do when she was asleep. We also went out most days. I'm not a group person really apart from one but we went for a walk every day, to the swings/park/bank. She was 6m old over winter so had no car as Benn used to get to work rather than cycle in the cold. Have you got a spaceship thing/activity thing? Like a jumperoo but not for jumping! It was really useful.
I also used to put an old quilt on the floor in the kitchen and prop her up with cushions so I could cook etc and she would be with me (she didn't move til 10 1/2 months). I used to give her pots and pans, wooden spoons, plastic lunch boxes etc that she could play with as well.
Hide and squeak eggs were really popular at that age. And still are! Xx

Pooh thanks Susue it. Never really occurred to me to take him with me, not got a spaceship.. Will have a look, like the sound of eggs too xx

I struggled a bit too but I started doing things in the house and taking her with me. So hoovering/cleaning/sweeping/putting washing away etc etc. it passed the time for sure as it was all stuff I used to do when she was asleep. We also went out most days. I'm not a group person really apart from one but we went for a walk every day, to the swings/park/bank. She was 6m old over winter so had no car as Benn used to get to work rather than cycle in the cold. Have you got a spaceship thing/activity thing? Like a jumperoo but not for jumping! It was really useful. I also used to put an old quilt on the floor in the kitchen and prop her up with cushions so I could cook etc and she would be with me (she didn't move til 10 1/2 months). I used to give her pots and pans, wooden spoons, plastic lunch boxes etc that she could play with as well. Hide and squeak eggs were really popular at that age. And still are! Xx

Some good ideas there. Oliver tends to follow me around so plays with cups and containers in the kitchen as long as I'm not doing anything too dangerous for him
X

Ladies, have just received an email from these people with their Christmas shoes. They are brilliant. Their shoes/slippers are really well made and are fab for wobblers and crawlers as the soles are leather so they don't slip. I found with the more solid slippers, she kept tripping over but these were fab. She has the duck ones at the moment but she did have the little bird ones when she was smaller. Love em! X

Attachments

• image-2524386013.jpg
    image-2524386013.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 49
Ladies, have just received an email from these people with their Christmas shoes. They are brilliant. Their shoes/slippers are really well made and are fab for wobblers and crawlers as the soles are leather so they don't slip. I found with the more solid slippers, she kept tripping over but these were fab. She has the duck ones at the moment but she did have the little bird ones when she was smaller. Love em! X

Ooh will check them out, thanks x

Back