Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Congratulations and welcome!!! :)

Yup! I'm 11+3 tomorrow with Baby Number 2! My daughter Amelia is 9 months old on Tuesday!

I weighed 13st 5lbs on my BFP day with Amelia, and on the day I was induced (40+12) I was 15st 5lbs so gained 2st exactly. I put this down to my appetite dropping in the 1st and 2nd trimesters...I didnt really gain any weight until 20/21 weeks I think. I was pretty ill in the beginning with nausea and food aversions so only being able to eat the odd cracker and bag of salt and vinegar crisps helped! Un-mistakeble bump appeared properly at around 20 weeks too, although I did have one pop out at about 16 weeks.

This time I weighed 12st 4lbs on BFP day, and currently I'm 12st 2lbs at 11 weeks, so 2lbs down. Again, although NO sickness or any symptoms this time, my appetite isnt what it was and I have days where I dont eat a lot. This time, a small bump popped out at 9-10 weeks. At the moment though I just look fat, not pregnant so I cant wait for a proper bump as I know I will feel much better. Dreading being huge in the summer, but hey ho lol :D Happy to be pregnant!!

Good luck girls! Its nice to have some bump buddies :D xxx

Congrats on baby 1 and 2 on the way. Amelia is a beautiful name :) We have boys names sorted but are really struggling for girls names. Sadly a close friend has already used Emilia, so I think Amelia is probably a bit too close for me to be using ;)

Glad you have a lovely mw. It is so hard to eat healthy. I had such good intentions before I got pregnant but with morning sickness the only thing I can keep down is plain pasta and cereal!
I saw the dietician a few weeks ago but we both agreed it was a waste of time because I was puking most of what I ate back up! Have another app this friday but still not back to "normal' so considering cancelling. Not sure how worthwhile it is though. She gave me a few leaflets and a chart to track my weight. Will be interesting to hear what other people think.......

Have you got a thread scotminx?

Oooh for some reason the last time I checked this thread none of your bump pics came up - can see them now and you all look/looked amazing! :) I really hope I do get a definite bump and don't just look fat all the way through!

Glad you have a lovely mw. It is so hard to eat healthy. I had such good intentions before I got pregnant but with morning sickness the only thing I can keep down is plain pasta and cereal!
I saw the dietician a few weeks ago but we both agreed it was a waste of time because I was puking most of what I ate back up! Have another app this friday but still not back to "normal' so considering cancelling. Not sure how worthwhile it is though. She gave me a few leaflets and a chart to track my weight. Will be interesting to hear what other people think.......

Have you got a thread scotminx?

Poor you - your sickness sounds awful. There's nothing I haven't been able to chow down on. The only thing I've gone off so far is instant coffee. Guess I should stop complaining and just start making better choices lol. Sounds like the dietician could be helpful at a time when you can actually keep food down. Will maybe ask my MW about it at my 16 wk appt.

I don't have a current diary thread. I had one prior to getting married but I don't really want to dig that out as it was a Exante one and my head's just in such a different place now. I might start another one in the silver section - will let you all know when I do :)

p.s. thanks so much everyone for the very warm welcome, you're a lovely bunch! :D

Ladies...

I need to get this off my chest...

I love my daughter sooooooooo effing much!!!! The love I feel for her is just incredible. I can't explain it, and I wish I could because sometimes I feel like it's SO much that I will just burst?! She just makes me so happy, she really does. When she's in bed and I look at her pictures or whatever, if I let myself - I know I'd sit there sobbing. It's so overwhelming sometimes.

Sorry lol just had to get that off my chest as having an emotional moment xx

Ladies...

I love my daughter sooooooooo effing much!!!! The love I feel for her is just incredible. I can't explain it, and I wish I could because sometimes I feel like it's SO much that I will just burst?! She just makes me so happy, she really does. When she's in bed and I look at her pictures or whatever, if I let myself - I know I'd sit there sobbing. It's so overwhelming sometimes.

Aww that's so sweet. She's one lucky lady :)

Ladies... I need to get this off my chest... I love my daughter sooooooooo effing much!!!! The love I feel for her is just incredible. I can't explain it, and I wish I could because sometimes I feel like it's SO much that I will just burst?! She just makes me so happy, she really does. When she's in bed and I look at her pictures or whatever, if I let myself - I know I'd sit there sobbing. It's so overwhelming sometimes. Sorry lol just had to get that off my chest as having an emotional moment xx

Aww bless hun. I think it's a natural feeling. I'd do anything for oliver. Never known love like this really x

Aww bless hun. I think it's a natural feeling. I'd do anything for oliver. Never known love like this really x

Its so different to anything else isnt it. I sit there sometimes and its overwhelming! Id do anything for her too xx

My BFP weight was 11st 3lbs, I managed to maintain that until 15 weeks due to severe morning sickness (was in hospital 3 times :() and I then piled on 3.5 stone!!!
However, luckily for me, my gorgeous boy was born weighing 9lbs 11oz (!!!) and what with the placenta etc I lost 19lbs in just 2 days!!!
Rejojned SW at 5 weeks pp and have so far lost 1.5 stone, meaning I'm about 8lbs heavier than my BFP weight :)

My bump appeared around 12 weeks but didn't really pop out until 24 weeks and then just grew and grew!
I found maternity clothes very hard to get hold of... New Look was good, esp with a sale on- I remember buying a load of t shirts for £2 each!
H&M, Peacocks were good too- online was better, as only certain stores stock maternity.
I liked showing off my bump so I always went for tight fitting clothes but the important thing is being comfortable!

My son, Oliver, is now 6 months old and my whole world :) x

Photo attached is me on my due date!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 82
Ladies...

I totally understand- I love my boy more than I ever thought possible, he's my whole world xx

Ladies... I need to get this off my chest... I love my daughter sooooooooo effing much!!!! The love I feel for her is just incredible. I can't explain it, and I wish I could because sometimes I feel like it's SO much that I will just burst?! She just makes me so happy, she really does. When she's in bed and I look at her pictures or whatever, if I let myself - I know I'd sit there sobbing. It's so overwhelming sometimes. Sorry lol just had to get that off my chest as having an emotional moment xx
I can totally understand this feeling, I look at mine and think this gorgeous little boy is all mine to cuddle and kiss I love him so so much and would do anything for him, it is overwhelming but in a good way ;) I love being a mummy xxx

Wow, so much to catch up on tonight!!

First of all, congratulations and welcome Scotminx :) I gained 2 stone and 2lbs when I was pregnant with Cole but had GD so was on Metformin and insulin. I was back to my bfp weight exactly a month after he was born. It's the rest I'm struggling to get off, the weight that's taken me years to pile on ;)

Jess, I agree. I miss Cole when he's asleep. I sit waiting for him to wake up so he will smile at me. It's insane how much you can love one tiny little person.

Off to read all your diaries now. Sorry if I don't comment much, had another bedtime drama with Cole then been putting Christmas tree up :D

Ooo congrats to everyone! Lots to catch up on.

I just snuck under the weight for being consultant led where I am. Literally just! I was 12st 4lb when I got my BFP. I was careful about what I ate but I didn't really have an appetite for a lot of sweet stuff etc. I ate a lot of cereal in the first few months as everything else made me feel sick or have really bad heartburn. As time went on I allowed myself more cakes etc but wasn't that fussed. Just used to eat a lot of fruit, soup, couscous, pasta etc. I went 2 weeks over almost and was 14st on my due date. I don't think I checked after that! The best thing I can suggest is eat regularly and well, fruit/veg/pasta etc and to snack on cereal bars etc (the 'healthy' ones!)
I was back down to my bfp weight when I got home after a week in Hosp. And then I started putting it on as I was bf and was like woooo I can eat whatever I want. Clearly not in my case. So I joined SW when I hit 13st and lost while bf so was clearly not eating properly!
Also try and enjoy being pregnant! You are going to gain. Accept it, you're growing a new person! Just be sensible!
Bump wise I was uncomfortable in my jeans from about 9 weeks, had a pot/tiny bump at 16weeks and then the bump arrived properly about 20weeks and kept growing and growing! I found h&m and new look good though I had to order new look online. I wouldn't spend a lot tbh! Xx

Well I had a terrible night :( Was up 11 plus times to pee (lost count at 11) and sometimes it was just dribbles but I felt bursting (sorry, tmi). Am now up at the docs to get checked as am guessing it could be a urine infection. I'm also a little worried about GD given my age and BMI but am thinking it's maybe too early for that?

Anyway, will let you know how I get on. Hoping I'll get a better sleep tonight :( Not looking forward to having to drag my butt into work today :(

Well I had a terrible night :( Was up 11 plus times to pee (lost count at 11) and sometimes it was just dribbles but I felt bursting (sorry, tmi). Am now up at the docs to get checked as am guessing it could be a urine infection. I'm also a little worried about GD given my age and BMI but am thinking it's maybe too early for that? Anyway, will let you know how I get on. Hoping I'll get a better sleep tonight :( Not looking forward to having to drag my butt into work today :(

Oh no poor you. Lots of cranberry juice for you then :) hope it goes soon. Nearer the end of pregnancy you'll be making frequent trips to the loo but don't think I ever hit 11 times in one night! X

We are looking to get a clevamumma pillow to go under Oliver's sheets but hopefully help him breath better and sleep better in his cot. Anyone know the difference between baby and toddler pillows? Guessing size but if it is under the sheet then does this matter? It says from 12 months for the toddler one. Oliver is 10 months this week. Obviously don't want to compromise his safety but the baby one looks quite small and oliver does wriggle a lot!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

I would go for toddler I'm pretty sure it's just size difference xx

Well samples taken and sent to lab - should have results by Wed. Dip test didn't show any sugars in my urine which is reassuring. Advice is just to drink plenty fluids (although this seems counter-intuitive, I think it's to help with "flushing" things and so bladder doesn't get irritated with dehydration). I'll get antibiotics in a few days, but only if absolutely necessary.

Fingers crossed tonight is a bit better! 11 times in one night is a bit much!

Hope you're all having a good day x

Back