Pregnancy and Slimming World

Well done on the cycle Bethyo! And joining!

Congratulations j0j0 :bestwishes: both on the birth of your baby and the amazing weight loss. That's the situation I want to be in, after giving birth being a favorable weight.

I'm still undecided as to whether to join. Don't think I would deal very well with my weight gain/loss being closely monitored to make sure it was healthy for pregnancy.

When I'm back around next week I'll post some easy recipes I found which should be appealing.

Following those 2 steps Bethyo should definitely work :)

Congratulations j0j0 :bestwishes: both on the birth of your baby and the amazing weight loss. That's the situation I want to be in, after giving birth being a favorable weight.

I'm still undecided as to whether to join. Don't think I would deal very well with my weight gain/loss being closely monitored to make sure it was healthy for pregnancy.

When I'm back around next week I'll post some easy recipes I found which should be appealing.

K8G I think I'm going to end up being monitored closely anyway because with my first I had preeclampsia. With this one I'm older, fatter and I've been monitoring my bp at home and it's already high!

But at least if I can show right from the start that I am tackling the weight issue then hopefully it will help!

I'm currently sat eating a veggie risotto cos I needed something filling and yummy. Should be more or less syn free apart from the small amount of olive oil I softened the veggies in Xx

That's good Jojo
My main aims are to 1) Change WHAT I'm eating to fill up on, sticking to free foods and 2) Get rid of my sweetie/choc habit
I reckon if I can just do those 2 things I should lose weight!!
Yer you will do great that way that's what I did until my cravings for chips and gravy and chocolate came in late on in the pregnancy oh and lamb I wanted to eat lamb all the time I could of sat down with a leg of lamb on my
Plate and ate it all lol good luck let us know how your getting on xx

You can do it joined before I found out I was pregnant a week before lol I already had a 5 month old so it was a social thing for me and I loved going.
I didn't start gaining until about 20 weeks the weeks before we're all losses about 1 or 2 lb a week I was half a lb off loosing a stone which I was gutted about but I told my consultant I was gonna have a break cos I didn't want to see it on the scales so I left I still stuck to the plan meal wise but ate loads of sw chips and gravy and more chocolate than I did when I went to group but I didn't care by then. Good luck let us know how you get on its well worth it I would be massive now if I hadn't done it some of my friends put 2 stone on x

I've text the SWC and waiting for her to get back. There is a meeting tonight.We'll see what she says. The scales this morning looked promising as I've probably lost a few lbs already. I'm only about a stone heavier than I should be and my BMI is about 25 and I prefer it at 22.

I've checked all of my recipes now and they aren't too bad. 5 easy evening meals (Sunday-Thursday), mainly one-pot. Here they are...

Bean Chilli
Sweat a chopped onion with 2-3 tbsp water
Add 2 garlic cloves, 2 tsp mild chilli powder, 2 tsp paprika and a chopped red pepper
Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, drained tin of butter beans and drained tin of kidney beans
Simmer for 30-45 minutes
Serve with lightest philadelphia and boiled rice

Meatloaf
Dry fry 450g lean mince, a chopped onion, 1-2 garlic cloves and a handful of quartered button mushrooms
Drain and add a tsp mixed herbs and a level tbsp tomato puree
Gradually add a beaten egg and stir constantly
Line tin with frylight and 8-10 rashers bacon then press mince mix in
Bake on 200 for 25-30 minutes
Serve with salad

Spag Bol
Add chopped onion, grated carrot, 2 tsp mixed herbs, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 4 garlic cloves and 150ml chicken stock to pan
Boil and cook for 3-4 minutes
Add 2 tins chopped tomatoes, tbsp sweetener and 350g quorn mince
Boil, cover and cook gently for 20-25 minutes
Serve with spaghetti

Jambalaya
Add chopped onion, 2 red peppers, 2 garlic cloves, 2 chopped spring onions, tsp thyme, tsp oregano, 3 large chopped tomatoes and 600ml chicken stock to pan
Bring to boil
Add 200g long grain rice and chopped cooked sausages
Bring to boil and tightly cover
Cook gently for 15-20 minutes
Rest for 10-15 minutes

Creamy Carbonara
Cook 350g pasta
Beat 2 eggs, add 100g low-fat natural fromage frais, 1 garlic clove and cooked bacon (diced)
Cook medium/low heat to avoid scrambled eggs
Add pasta and mix until well coated

I adapted the above recipes to make extra servings and I've been having a portion the following weekday for lunch.

The other evening (Fri-Sat) meals I've had were mainly loaded skins and I'm looking forward to making plenty of SW chips with nice dips!

Weekend lunchtimes are full 'Sunday dinners' and I plan on using syns to continue these meals. Some of the above meals include a few syns but so far I haven't analysed every syn item I've eaten as I know I am well under the 15 per day.

Fingers crossed this helps to avoid the excess weight gain as I put on over 3 stone with my previous 2 pregnancies. Will add more evening meals to the recipe book as and when I find easy ones x

Hi ladies

I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant and so far I have gained 1 stone 5 pounds. I am currently struggling and want to eat everything in sight
I am following extra easy and I'm aware I get four health extras instead of two! I'm currently making soups for lunch and wanting to know if lentils are speed foods or just normal food?
Willing to except any advice for curbing my cravings!!
Thanks in advance x

Hey guys ❤️
I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby due for the 22nd of Feb 2017.
I was already at my heaviest before I got pregnant weighing 211 lbs I'm 5ft 9' but now the scales are going up and I'm up to 230lbs already at 24 weeks My friend is joined slimming world and goes every Tuesday so I'm gonna join this Tuesday wth her and atleast I can keep it up with her going as she's lost 2 stone in the last year so she will be able to help me out ❤️ I just don't want to put on anymore weight I already had 3stone to loose before I got pregnant so I'm freaking out a bit now! My tummy is just destroyed in stretch marks from few months before I got pregnant so I'm hoping if I start loosing that will help everything really and give me piece of mind on all areas lol

Hi ladies

I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant and so far I have gained 1 stone 5 pounds. I am currently struggling and want to eat everything in sight
I am following extra easy and I'm aware I get four health extras instead of two! I'm currently making soups for lunch and wanting to know if lentils are speed foods or just normal food?
Willing to except any advice for curbing my cravings!!
Thanks in advance x

You haven't much left so Jesse! Your baby is gonna be here before you know it eeeekkk ❤️

Back