Pregnancy and Slimming World

Congrats to all the mummies :)

I've just found Im pregnant, hoping to keep weight gain to a minimum, with my last baby only gained 7lbs so going restart Sw - do we get any extra hexs during pregnancy x

Best of luck to you all in your pregnancies :) My little man was born in feb.

Attachments

• image-1058751266.jpg
    image-1058751266.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 127
Hi I has my last baby boy in May and joined slimming world again about 8 weeks ago I was 15.8 I found out I was pregnant a week later after joining and since then I have lost 8lb another half and I will be in my 14s I have been eating well and best off it all after 16 weeks pregnant I will get to go to class for free yay. Good luck everyone x

Hi all
I've just found out I'm pregnant with number 5! I have have two boys 11 and 6 and two girls 3 and 18 months and this was VERY much w surprise. I'm currently 6 weeks and 5 days with a estimated due date of 8th October so that could change at scan. I currently work as a midwife so babies everywhere!!!!

I've followed slimming world before but been seriously off the wagon for a year or so and am now 2st 8lbs OVER my target! *sigh* probably the heaviest I have ever been which is 12st 8lb (I'm 5ft 6)
When I found out I was pregnant I decided I would have to be on plan because I can't afford to gain any weight!
So for the last three days I've been on plan. Finding using one of my hexB on toast in the
Morning is helping with feeling sick. I'm eating soups mainly for lunch, love the new frozen tomato one.... But aim to make my own when I'm feeling a little more energetic. Have a family dinner such as spag bowl / curry / roast in the evenings if I've not been working, if I have and I'm knackered I'm having a frozen meal again!
I've not got a sweet tooth so lucky in that respect I don't use Syns for sweet things! I love crisps / nuts / cheese so when I'm
Feeling better I imagine that's what I'll use them on!
I'm not at a group at the moment as we have work and baby groups when my local ones are on so just following at home as I have the books already!

I'm really hoping to lose a little weight in the early weeks and possibly early into the 2nd tri and then maintain the weight I'm at with a maximum of a stone weight gain over all.

Congrats all on your pregnancies! Sorry for such a long introduction!! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Hey everyone,

New to the pregnancy forums. Been off plan for a few weeks only to find I've been stuffing my face, just found out I'm pregnant! Early days and got my first scan to confirm everything on the 8th April so hoping all is well. I've had a miscarriage before so fingers crossed I can do everything right to carry this little peanut fullterm.

Looking for possible pregnancy buddies and meals to beat cravings :D x

Hi everyone,

Lucie how did your scan on the 8th go?

I'm 22+6 and have been terrible no healthy food in sight :(
hoping to get better for this last half of pregnancy
will rejoin a class when i have had the baby :)

Hi everyone,

Lucie how did your scan on the 8th go?

I'm 22+6 and have been terrible no healthy food in sight :(
hoping to get better for this last half of pregnancy
will rejoin a class when i have had the baby :)

Hey Jen

Gosh haven't logged in since I sent this message! I ended up having a scan as I was having pains in my abdomen, had an early scan and got told I was 4/5 weeks so went back a few weeks ago and had my 8 week and 3 day scan and we saw the little peanut and it's heart beating so that was a relief! As of today I'm 10 weeks pregnant.. waiting on my 12 week scan from GP :)

my nips are like bloomin rolo's and so sensitive, my nose is like a sniffer dogs and I feel bloomin HUGEEEE! I dont suppose it helps i've not been sticking to S/W since I found out.

I have good days but mostly bad ones so I'm just trying to take it day by day, make better choices and make sure I have fruit and veg and stuff.

Will be back on the wagon 100% after baby but hoping I can get more organised, just a case of making time for food rather then resting and going with something quick and non slimming world

xx

Glad all was good with scan!!

The last time i logged in was end of Jan o_O
I have been completely off plan since before we got BFP. I am trying to organise myself but ive been signed off with likely SPD and can't walk around much - so standing in the kitchen making a nice healthy meal is a no at the min :(
My boobs are so sensitive and to make things better they now starting to leak :oops:(TMI)

I'm hoping once i have baby and recovered i can get back on SW 100% and loose weight!!! after struggling with this pregnancy probably because of being so overweight i am determind that i will go out walking every day (or most) with pram :) walk everywhere as husband will have car x

Hi ladies :) I'm currently 15 weeks with baby number 5. First tri was a complete write off, I ate everything in sight. Now that's eased and the morning sickness, I'm back on plan and doing well. I've been on plan over a week now but not weighing in officially until Wednesday as I started my diary this Wednesday just by. I don't tend to gain anything in pregnancy, it actually increases my rubbish metabolism and I tend to lose :-/ work that one out if you can! So I have high hopes that I'll lose weight this time. It's afterwards I worry about
I can't exercise at all, I'm already wheelchair bound from severe SPD so it's entirely diet based for me. Been eating lots of fruit and veg (which never fills you up!) and having the odd second healthy extra if I fancied it, are we still allowed two of each a day?
Anyway, a happy and healthy nine months to you all xxxx

Ladies, I haven't been on here in ages since my BFP... Currently 32 weeks and I've put on quite a bit - yikes! However, I have got a lot of fluid retention so I'm planning on buying lots of syn friendly snacks to have in the house when baby girl makes her appearance. Want to be 10st7lbs target after baby and I think it's possible, I just need to put the work in.

So i found out I am pregnant 5+4, and i am getting married in 6 months....and already have the dress! such a nightmare haha (obviously really happy but didn't expect to fall pregnant after one night of trying!) I am hoping to lose through the first trimester, as i am one stone off target. Are there any target members that can detail their gain from 0-7 months? trying to get an idea if i can keep losing as not really over weight but not quite there yet. Any advice appreciated! xxxxx

Hi everybody,
I'm new here :)
I was planning to join SW and then found out I'm pregnant very unexpectedly. I'm just 8 wks. I'm going to join SW tomorrow and have a total of 8 St to lose. Ideally I'd like to lose 3 stone of unnecessary fat before the baby comes. I've started swimming or going to the gym three times a week.
It's just depressing because at the moment j just feel sick ALL the time but I also want to eat??!! And I'm watching the scales creep up and up. I really need to get my head around WHAT I can eat that won't pile on the pounds :-(

Hi Bethyo :)

I'm not very new here but have started again from scratch having had my second baby last year.

Congratulations on your news :bestwishes:

I'm also 8 week pregnant and suffering with sickness. It's also the middle of the school holidays so my diet is very poor, lots of convenience foods! And treats!!!

My goals are slightly different as I just don't want to gain weight during the pregnancy, although I know from experience that I will :grumble:

I'm seriously considering doing the SW programme using this site rather than going to the classes but I worry that I won't take it seriously until the end of the summer holidays.

I've never wanted or needed to control my weight in pregnancy before but think on this occasion it is necessary as I'm already much heavier than I should be :whip:

Hi Bethyo :)

I'm not very new here but have started again from scratch having had my second baby last year.

Congratulations on your news :bestwishes:

I'm also 8 week pregnant and suffering with sickness. It's also the middle of the school holidays so my diet is very poor, lots of convenience foods! And treats!!!

My goals are slightly different as I just don't want to gain weight during the pregnancy, although I know from experience that I will :grumble:

I'm seriously considering doing the SW programme using this site rather than going to the classes but I worry that I won't take it seriously until the end of the summer holidays.

I've never wanted or needed to control my weight in pregnancy before but think on this occasion it is necessary as I'm already much heavier than I should be :whip:

Hi K8G:)
Thank you. It's so hard to be good isn't it! I've managed to kick my evening chocolate habit into touch (mainly because the thought of it makes me feel ill:confused:!). I've also starred going to the gym 3 times a week to either work out or swim.
My main problem is from the evening meal onwards. My husband does NOT like eating healthily and is an extremely bad influence on me haha!
I need to get some nice SW recipes that I can whip up easily for me, while serving him his usual coronary-on-a-plate type stuff:rotflmao:

I'm finding it tough, plus I've always used pregnancy as an excuse to over-eat!

That's what I need too. I've got an 8 year old stepson, a 5 year old and a 10 month old. Cooking for hours a week isn't really an option with full time work in the mix too!

My partner can afford to eat loads, he's naturally slim and doesn't need to worry about his diet. That irritates me :flamingmade:

I'm going to try and find 10 simple recipes that can be easily prepared for us all and stick to it. That's the idea anyway. There are some lovely things to make but it's portion control that I struggle with too.

Will share them if/when I find inspiration :apple:

Thanks! I will share any nice ones I find too

I've just been and joined. Cycled there and back (10km total) with my hefty 3 year old on the back of the bike...pretty good start I think!!

Hi I had my baby 4 weeks ago and just rejoined my sw world group I had been following the plan through my pregnancy.
When I joined at the start of my pregnancy I was 15.10 then lost down t0 14.11 but then put 1lb a week and ended up at 15.3 on so had a break from group when I got weighed yesterday I weighted 15.4 and half I was shocked I weighed Less than I did when I joined

That's good Jojo
My main aims are to 1) Change WHAT I'm eating to fill up on, sticking to free foods and 2) Get rid of my sweetie/choc habit
I reckon if I can just do those 2 things I should lose weight!!

Back