Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi all may I join :) about 8 week now and still going to class I only joined SW in August and been doing really well so hoping I do not gain extra weight only what baby needs bonus would love to be lighter after having baby than when I started LOL

Congratulations :)
Hope you're feeling ok so far x

not feeling to bad although think MS has ramped up a little the last two days

Hi may I also join just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant only been back at slimming world one week!! Hoping not to put 4 stone on like I did with my first two.

Im joining! What a start to the new year.. i lost 3 stone last year - and have fell pregnant now. Am 6 weeks! Hoping to lose another stone and half in the pregnancy in the first few months wih healthy eating! And then not gain so much in the rest!! Im so nervous!!

Hi ladies & congrats :) Its def possible to lose a bit the first few weeks depending on morning sickness & how much your appetite increases.I put on nearly 5 stone last time,this time only 10lb so far & will be 33 weeks tomorrow :) Good luck xx

Hi everyone. I'm 24+2 with my first, tried to stick to SW as much as I can but it's been much harder than I expected especially in the first trimester! I've been doing much better since though and have managed to stick to plan about 90% of the time. I lost 3 1/2 stone on SW before finding out I was pregnant and have gained about 8lbs since.
I just want her here, I feel like I've been pregnant forever already lol!! Xx

Hi sweetpink well done on only an 8lb gain that's fab :) I think it does feel like you have been pregnant forever with your first & then when they arrive it goes so quickly!

Hi ladies & congrats :) Its def possible to lose a bit the first few weeks depending on morning sickness & how much your appetite increases.I put on nearly 5 stone last time,this time only 10lb so far & will be 33 weeks tomorrow :) Good luck xx

You have given me hope that its possible not to gain too much!! Id love maximum a 10lb gain! Argh! Super nervous!! Trying really hard to stick to healthy eating & plenty of fruit and veg xx

it is nerve wracking especially when you have worked hard to lose weight beforehand & don't want to undo all your hard work! Unfortunately people that aren't pregnant aren't always understanding of this & think you shouldn't diet or watch what you eat when pregnant but in my opinion when I went up to 17.10 last time that was not healthy at all I could barely move towards the end & was so unhappy with the way I looked after birth I didn't really want to go out anywhere.This time is a much more positive experience & ive not been depriving myself or baby still have weekends off plan & some weekdays lol, double healthy extras & baby was estimated weighing 5lb 1 oz last week with 7 weeks to go so all good :) Wishing you all the best you can do it xx

Hiya, I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant and just starting slimming world. Have gained about 5lb already due to morning sickness and craving carby foods but it is starting to ease off.
Joining to eat healthier and hopefully put on only the weight that baby needs and no more! Put on 2 stone last time and haven't long lost it all so hoping not to put as much on this time. Xxx

Hi kwills congrats on your pregnancy hopefully the morning sickness is on the way out now ,its so hard to eat well when you feel so lousy.2 stone weight gain last time is really good so you shouldn't have a problem only gaining a little this time :)

Thanks, was doing really well then piled on a stone in the last 7 weeks of pregnancy! And only had a 5lb 11 baby so she wasn't to blame lol. Hoping for 1-1.5 stone this time.

Hi there,

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant, and around a size 14/16. I havent actually weighed myself because the truth is, i am so worried what i will weigh. I have always suffered with my weight, and when i found out i was pregnant i promised myself the obvious, that i would watch what i eat, eat healthy blah blah blah, but of course that hasnt happened, and just want to eat rubbish.

Ive heard from a few people that slimming world is extremely good to follow and people actually loose weight whilst pregnant? Is this true?

If so has anyone got any stories? How do i work out synn values?

A reply would really be great.

Chloe x

Hi there,

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant, and around a size 14/16. I havent actually weighed myself because the truth is, i am so worried what i will weigh. I have always suffered with my weight, and when i found out i was pregnant i promised myself the obvious, that i would watch what i eat, eat healthy blah blah blah, but of course that hasnt happened, and just want to eat rubbish.

Ive heard from a few people that slimming world is extremely good to follow and people actually loose weight whilst pregnant? Is this true?

If so has anyone got any stories? How do i work out synn values?

A reply would really be great.

Chloe x

Hi Chloe just replied on the other thread also.Have you got any sw books or done it before? Would def recommend giving it a go 13 weeks is still time to lose a bit or maintain,I would suggest weighing yourself to see where you are,scary I know but you need to have a rough idea & a size 14-16 at 27 weeks is fab :) xx

congrats :)

wow well done you that's an amazing loss :) I only gained 10lb in last pregnancy by doing sw loosely during the week & having weekends off & my baby weighed 8lb 2 so its perfectly safe & healthy.Im sure you can keep losing for a few weeks too, theres a thread on here with lots of lovely ladies who are pregnant following the plan by a woman called Jenn :) x

Thank you.

I'd love to lose a stone during pregnancy and then another one I've given birth lol I've read I should be able to lose weight during the first trimester..

Could you tell me what's the name of the tread is? I'll subscribe to it x

Back