Pregnancy and Slimming World

Fern - breastfeeding does get better hun - just make sure if it's painful that you get help with getting the latch right and you will find it gets easier.

I got my scan later to see my little fella, although not looking forward to see the consultant which takes about on average two hrs in a heated hospital waiting room!

I'll trade you sweetie, we are heading to an indoor play area with the two monsters one of which hasn't stopped whining since he got up, I must be mental! Good luck at your appointment hope you get to see the little guy clearly and have someone nice doing the scans. Hugs Crystal xx

hi all
Leanne what pram have u gone for? I have no idea needs to be able to fit in my boot be lightweight n reasonably priced! Think im about 6th in line to give birth. I feel like u bunny, its a real mix of emotions xx

This iss definately one of the most emotional experiences ever!!! Scan was good, wowsiers at how much he has grown - literally doubled in size since last month I saw him, he also was so cute munching away and I just feel so connected to my little man, I made that baby, OMG! I reacon I am going to be so emotion during labor, lol I thought I would be cool as a cucumber! I got one more final scan in 2 wks and fingers crossed the way he is going he is growing well and within normal range and ways at the moment 4lbs and 14oz of loveliness :)

How did the scan go bunny?
I had a nice day today making baby food with my SIL for my 6 month old niece!!
Jojo- we got a mothercare my4 in red. We put it up a couple of weeks ago and it's gorgeous, got a maxi-cosi car seat which fits on it too.
We really wanted an iCandy peach but just couldnt justify the cost - they're so beautiful though!!
Main thing we looked at is good sturdy wheels and a decent shopping basket. Neither of us drive so needed a decent one as I'll be walking with it everywhere. Should change soon though... Hubby passed his theory test today yay!! So hopefully won't be long until he passes and we get a car

Ooo i wanted the iCandy Peach too but my husband wont budge on letting me get it so will be sticking to my phil and ted one which i love but it so hard to get it into a bus when my husband cant drop me off somewhere x

We were going to get the Mothercare Spin with a buggy board for our little girl, but then my friend put a Stokke Xplory on her Facebook page, hardly used, with the carrycot/footmuff/raincovers etc for £200 (it would have been £960 all in) so we jumped at it, it arrived and other than being a tiny bit dusty it is perfect and it pushes like a dream!! I have ordered the Buggyboard for it and then my Mother in Law kindly sent us the money for it so it cost us nothing!!

When my sister had her little girls we passed all of our things onto them so she's repaying the favour by giving us their BeSafe IziSleep car seat and is going to give us our moses basket/playgym/jumperoo back so we only need to buy mattresses for the cot bed and moses basket, monitors, bottles and steriliser and then clothes of course! I'm so excited!!!

We bought the pram a few weeks ago & it's great! We bought it second hand as we are limited money wise. It looks brand new though! It's a mama's & papa's pilko pramette & we got it for £60, it converts from a pram to a pushchair so it'll do us for quite a while! It comes with a footmuff & raincover...It apparently folds up quite small & fits in fiesta sized boot but check on reviews first.

Currently looking for a carseat. When i said to my mum we need a carseat (we don't have a car but my dad does) She said why do you need a carseat?! I said to bring little one home from the hospital, she said can't you just hold her!!!! FFS yeah ok then we'll have a crash & she'll die! Also it's flipping illegal! It's been a long time since she's been in contact with babies, well 33 years ago when i was born to be precise!

Attachments

• 1857830new.jpg
    1857830new.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 38
If anyones interested the asda baby event starts Sunday.
Grumble - there's a car seat for £25 on the leaflet I had through x

There's a high chair for £25 too which I quite fancy but I think it's a bit early for that! How did your scan go bunny?

The scan went well, he was muncging away and moving around a lot trying to move the scanner from the women. He also weighs 4lbs and 14ozs and is growing perfect!

That's great news! It's shocking how big they are now isn't it - eek another reminder that there's not long to go!

We have this it's so funny!! Have u seen all the Hayes manuals lol there is one for women lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s

Hi all :)

Congratulations Fern on your lovely girl. Also well done on the BF when I had my youngest son I was the only one in my ward who BF.. I feed him till 14 mths. BF really helps with weight loss too.. I was back to pre-pregnancy weight within 6 mths eating a healthy balanced diet.. But my start weight was still way too heavy lol..

Almonds are really good for your milk production..

Good luck with BF.. Just know that there is help if your struggling to cope with BF as the 1st 6-8 weeks are the hardest due to baby being hungry ALL the time.. I feed my sons almost every 30-40mins for 1st 2 weeks.. Then they slowed down a bit every 1-11/2 hours.. And so on.. If your really lucky they start to sleep during the night..

When they 1st start to make sounds of being hungry pick baby up and offer breast.. There are studies that have proved that a less stressed baby is a happier mum :)

Enough! Of me going on..

Enjoy your baby girl.. I hope I have a girl next, in aprox 2 years youngest will be 3 or 4.. Last one for me as had 2 c-sections bs1 12lbs - 42.5wks , bs2 10lbs 4oz- 39wks Big heads and shoulders long bodies..

Back