Pregnancy and Slimming World

That's what gives me panic attacks is the clinical rooms! So I was shocked to see that the high risk unit was same as midwife led just a macheine to monitor u oh and high risk rooms get a sofa and a bloody tv!!! Lol

I just got bk from school run. Which we walk as I feel I can't afford petrol for a 10 min walk and it's better for my son and me to walk.

Well I hurt :( again I hurt yesterday after the walk and last night on way bk I had to stop and start as belly went so tight I felt as if baby was squeezed so I saw a lump in my side where his foot is! Wasn't painful in the bump just tight. But wondering how heavy he is as my lady garden (sorry for tmi) hurts like that sore feeling inside at the top? I say top but I actualy am not sure where the top is but up there! Like u put a tampon in and it's not quite right and u have that sore feeling!

I get it every day now! I'm 31 weeks so I have another 9 weeks of this! Blergh!!!!!!! Wonder if it's cuz it's my second baby so everything has been pre stretched and pelvic muscles are not like before a baby?

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 3lb

Fnm I don't do ironing lol it's if u want it that day I will do it in the morning lol tho I think when I go on mat leave as I will be home alone :( sob sob :( I will pull everything out and iron it lol

Lol i hate doing the ironing because it takes me twice as long as both my daughters decide to play up and mess around near the ironing board and i hate doing it after they have gone to bed as thats my 2 or 3 hours of relaxing time. Pregnancy wise everything is going quite smoothly but have very sensitive boobies which will most likely get worse as i read today the bitter cold weather is coming back!
I have my blood glucose test on friday and consultants appointment on the monday and just wishing that they sign me off as i really hate going to my consultant and would rather be midwife led as so far this pregnancy has been my best x Just cant wait to meet him now x

Leanne my consultant said that swelling "downstairs" is more common the more pregnancies you have, I never had it with any of my others but this time probably TMI but they had a lot of difficulty doing the internal scans they wanted at each appointment because it was so swollen. They said Leia sitting so low down wasn't helping but it's mostly a hormonal thing. The pain got a lot worse than usual when walking about 10-12 weeks before she was born. ((hugs)) hope you feel better soon but you can always ring the hospital or your midwife if you are concerned. Hugs Crystal xx

Hi all

Leeane will you know if you will be on the high risk section or be able to go on mw led unit?
I had my hospital tour last night too.......too many people on it around 30 of us and it only seemed to be me and another woman asking the questions lol! gutted i didn't get to see the birthing pools (they have 2) as this is what i would really like, shouldn't get my hopes up though suppose its the luck of the draw on the day! Both sections are all really nice, brand new and modern and all big rooms too but again got my heart set on the mw led unit, there is a secret bed that you pull out of the wall that you and your partner can sleep in....yep they get to stay too and you also stay in that room, no being shipped off once baby is born like in the high risk rooms! Problem.......when i asked the mw i've been seeing she says there shouldnt be any problems me going on mw led unless i have any more bleeds but then another mw at antinatal class says my bmi just out by 1 to qualify? GRRRR Got mw appointment tomoz so really going to push for it, apparently on 36 wk check they do an assessment to decide whether you are low or high risk! I've got that 2m so hoping that goes well, just got to fight over this bmi issue!
Went for a lovely swim today even though physio says this is a no no lol......it feels too lovely and pain free!Only did 20 lengths slowly and tried not to use my legs, so far i've been in no more pain than i would have been had i not gone so thats what ill be doing with the time i've got left!
Can anyone recommend the best place to hire a tens machine?

x

Hi jo :)

I am high risk at the moment until I have a scan on 1st december to see if the placenta has moved up as it was lying low at 20 week scan. Once I have it confirmed that it gas moved I will then be low risk and can go to midwife led unit and be let out about 6 hours after birth! (plz plz plz plz!!!!) but until I kno bout the placenta it's a csection till I kno :( reaaaaly don't want that now!!!

It sounds awful that u are classed as high risk cuz of bmi what a joke! Mines 32 and they said nothin to me so what's the cut off? Pees me off a bit to be honest as I am told all the time "ur bmi Is above 30" ern yeh so! I also have only gained 4lb since my preg test!! Where a girl in the "normal" range at her booking appointment is low risk, but has gained 5 and half stone!!!!!! So who out of me n here is healthier!! Grrrrr

Fingers and toes crossed for u jo jo!!

Well I'm running a nice peacefull bath cuz I would like one lol

Had my first pregnancy yoga session today and I loved it my back feels soooo good!! Plus I have made a frend :) she goes to my antenatal classes too so was nice to chat after the session :) we swapped numbers and go on maternity leave on the same day!! So we gonna meet up n that!! She's due Xmas eve! So she's 2 weeks ahead of me, and she has low lying placenta too :)

I think I am enjoying pregnancy now :) yey

Thanks for ur advice crystal and the hugs :) I like hugs ^.^

I wonder why we swell more second time round. To be honest I was wondering why it felt so weird. Almost as if I can feel his head at top of my cervix rubbing :/ I dunno! Just can't remember how far I was with Jacob when I felt anything relating to it. Tho I am now thinking bk to it being Xmas time... Then a month later Jacob was born... Hmmm... Think I need a word with bubs cuz It would be bad bad timing to come in a month! Too much chaos for me!

Hi
Been for my 36 wk mw check all is well, head is 3/5ths engaged so not quite ready which is good hubs can chill a bit n his mat leave wont be messed up!!! These mw's do my head in......they all say different stuff grrr! Asked again if i would be able to go on mw led unit, was no mention of bmi cut off point.The only thing that may stand in my way is the bleed i had the other wk.I wont know until im in labour n ask to go on mw led, depends on mw who does the assessment, if there is enough staff??? n if theres enough room......basically its a bloody lottery , no point even having a birth plan! Not happy but just got to hope n pray now lol all goes out the window anyway if i get induced! Hope everyone is ok xx

Look what i've got, I bought her home from the hospital today, guess it's a good way to wish her a happy 3 week birthday lol. Hugs Crystal xx
2011-11-03153248-1.jpg

Awwww well done crystal :) bet ur so happy!!

She soooo teeny weeny!!!

But bloody hell she has a pout on her lol looks like someone will be a cheeky madam lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

Jojo u do kno u could be 3/5 one min and then the next be in labour? Lol

I'd still stay positive bout midwife led unit if they can't give u a cut off with bmi then u must be low risk!! Stupid ppl! U must be so frustrated tho!!

Xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

She's gorgeous crystal, you must be so proud!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well, sorry I haven't posted for a while but I feel a bit of a fraud as I really haven't stuck to plan at all, I have cravings for Thornton's Treacle Toffee and Thornton's Vanilla Fudge :wave_cry:

I have a lot going on at the moment, I started a new job on 1st September which is really stressful, we are in the process of selling our house and buying another and plus I still don't know when baby is due to arrive (I was originally told between 33-35 weeks) so I am having to work right up until I go into labour :sigh: Plus Hubby has just been told that he is at risk of redundancy, one out of the 5 of them in the team won't have a job by December. Considering this is supposed to be a low stress pregnancy, I just about feel on the edge of my sanity!!

On a brighter note though I am carrying well, I am a lot bigger than I was last time and baby is really active, I have sorted all my daughter's 3rd birthday and Christmas presents out and have bought the baby some Christmas presents so I am almost sorted!!

I have attached a 30 week bump pic!

Crystal, Sarah & Bunny your babies are all gorgeous, the pics have made me all broody!! :D

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 114
Back