Pregnancy and Slimming World

Well im starting to get a little nervous now. Iv got my doctors appointment on weds to get my coil removed and start on makin baby #2!! is there anything i should know about doing SW when pregnant. Should i make sure i have some fatty foods like cheese eveyday? obviously i know about staying away from soft eggs and shellfish but anything specific to sw???

Hi all

Grumble welcome back! ive been really bad too but enjoying it while i can lol!

Leeanne, see if your doctor will prescribe something for the constipation or see what they will give you at the chemists

Pizzle, Sw wise they recommend extra easy and you can have an extra A and B choice too! Only things to stay clear of is the usual foods all pregnant ladies should steer clear of such as pate and blue cheese etc etc!

Been to Sw this morning and now gained 2 stone 1.5 lb. lol. I've been really bad but figure this is my only chance to really enjoy food and have been out for tea/lunch a few times. I'm sure that will all stop once baby is here until i get into a routine and then i'm hoping i'll be sw focused! We will see eh?

I've had to take my rings off, my hands are all swollen and really sore, no pins and needles but still think its down to carpel tunnel syndrome, very common in pregnancy! all this bloody pain i've suffered i think labour will be a breeze roflmao!!!!!!!!

Hey ladies really need some encouragement, really want to minimise my weight gain in pregnancy this time round but am funding it really hard, I'm only 6+5w and iv already gained 3 pounds, just makes me feel like crying when see how you ladies are doing, I just feel exhausted and nauseous all the time, but just can't seem to get back on the wagon :( x

Hun don't fret. First tri is hard! I have stuck to it about a week lol. But am
Now finding no matter how much of a pig I wanna be I can't eat that much and am 15 weeks. I started out 17.4 and am now 17.9 so put on 5lbs in 15 weeks.
Not sure if that's good or not lol.

Hi everyone been to see my consultant today and wont be signed off even though everything is normal:cry:I know they wont sign me off because of my bmi but i really hate going to see my consultant because it feels like i have wasted an hour of my time as they just do what a midwife does but with more waiting time. The consultant didnt measure my tummy properly and said i was measuring 33, i am 27+4 weeks! I will have to have a growth scan on the 2nd of december so atleast i can see baby again but definately not getting pregnant again untill i have lost my weight. Today i weighed myself and have out on 8lbs so will be getting back on sw instead of grabbing junk!

I have a scan on first for placenta Hehe :)

Sorry u had a poo time :( did they say why they won't sign u off x

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

mummyclark, try not to let yourself get caught up in the weight gain- first tri is soooo hard..

i gained 4 st and i wasted lots of time worrying, eventually i stopped and really enjoyed myself.. but i lost over a stone at birth, and started back at sw 7 weeks ago- and have lost 1st 1lb.... its coming off well- enjoy your pregnancy xxx

Thanks fern, just know I got really depressed after my I had my daughter as I was still 3 stone heavier after birth, just very sad
Doesnt help that my sister in law had twins at the same time as me last time and went back down to her size 6 2 months after the birth, and Noe my other sister in law is pregnant this timr as well, and again is a lot skinnier than me, can't help but feel I'm being judged by the family because I gain weight easily
I really wanna start again properly but feel i might wait till Iv had my 12 weeks scan and hopefully the nausea will die down
You girls are truly an inspiration though, hope to be a more active member soon x

The thing is with twins is its double the strain, and alot of the time you find they dont gain 'weight' (other than baby and fluid etc) the same way you can do carrying just one, a girl i trained with fell preg at the same time as me and had twins, she was bigger than me and as it is she's smaller than me now after having our girls!!

dont let weight ruin your pregnancy, easier said than done i know but it'd be a shame to look back and wish youd just made the most of it xx

Thank you, I will enjoy it, it was my birthday last week so have enjoyed lots of chocolate cake lol
I'm more worried about my health during the pregnancy than what I look like tbh, and after having post natal depression last time I just want to feel hood about myself before and after birth, hoping I'll be ok as I know I have my daughter to remind me of the long term rather than the hard first few weeks x

Can anyone tell me if i'm over reacting..........went to Asda to get my prescription of Gaviscon.......normally have a large bottle but got 2 smaller ones. Didn't think anything of it untill i got home.Opened one of the bottles and took a swig, only to discover it was an already opened bottle and only half full!!! spat it out thinking WFT???Went straight back with bottle demanding to know why i'd been given open bottle? Their reply was as they had no large bottles it was the remainder of what i was allowed to have in mls! She couldn't understand why i was fuming about it? If they had told me in the first place that that was what they had done i would have had the option of declining it and going else where. How was i to know no-one had tampered with it in some way or that it belonged to a member of staff???FURIOUS doesn't come close!

They aren't allowed to sell you opened medicine it is against the law, if you are unhappy with the store phone head office, I don't see how they have the cheek to empty half anyway, if they are out of 4 pints of milk does that mean you can just tip part of a 6 Pinter out to compensate?

I have a scan on first for placenta Hehe :)

Sorry u had a poo time :( did they say why they won't sign u off x

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

No they never said why but as everything else is normal apart from my bmi thats probably the only reason and plus the hospital has been in a lot of trouble for its past maternity and labour care so they are being extra careful x

jojogonnabeslim said:
Can anyone tell me if i'm over reacting..........went to Asda to get my prescription of Gaviscon.......normally have a large bottle but got 2 smaller ones. Didn't think anything of it untill i got home.Opened one of the bottles and took a swig, only to discover it was an already opened bottle and only half full!!! spat it out thinking WFT???Went straight back with bottle demanding to know why i'd been given open bottle? Their reply was as they had no large bottles it was the remainder of what i was allowed to have in mls! She couldn't understand why i was fuming about it? If they had told me in the first place that that was what they had done i would have had the option of declining it and going else where. How was i to know no-one had tampered with it in some way or that it belonged to a member of staff???FURIOUS doesn't come close!

Hi, am a nurse, it won't have been used by someone else, all it is is that you will have had a script for a certain amount of mls, they cannot give you more than this and so if did not have the correct size bottle will have given you a part bottle to make the correct amount. At work I often get bottles of meds with maybe 50mls in but the bottle could hold 200, it's just they are not legally allowed to give you more than what your script says, don't worry! Xx

Hi thanks for the replys. I understand they cannot give me more than my script says , im annoyed that they didnt tell me so i had the option whether to take it or get it else where! I do intend to speak to headoffice about it i hate bad customer service!! I was all chilled out after a lovely swim n then was ruined!!! Lol

Hi ladies hope you all are well.

After 2 days being uncomfy n constipated but still managed to go loads somehow sorry for tmi... Today I have sore tum as I now am the complete opposite!! :(

I gained a pound this week. That makes me only 3lb heavier at 32 weeks pregnant than the day I did a test! I'm doing alright n not even trying. Am glad this time round. With Jacob I gained 2 stone n then joined sw after I had him. So this time round I won't feel as bad! N ugly!

Started on raspberry leaf tea yesterday. Only one bag till 34 weeks tho :( I love the taste :(

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Ohhhhhh raspberry leaf tea I love it! I am not sure I can have it tho as had a c section. :(

I am rough today. Dunno if it's a coincidence but had flu jab Monday and ever since I have felt flu like.
Bubba moving loads now it's so exciting! X

You can still drink it but only from 32 weeks Hun. Bros gf had vbac n she drank the tea :)

32+2 bump :) and considering my football bump only 3lb gain in total :)

Attachments

• image-2019056251.jpg
    image-2019056251.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 97
3lb gain wow well done. I hope i can do that when im pregnant! have you just been really good with the plan?

Back