Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hello ladies, I've been following your posts for a little while and would love to join in. I'm 23 weeks pregnant with my second boy, I had problems at the start of my pregnancy and had to have cvs (taking some placenta) but luckily everything is fine and well....... apart from my eating :-( it all started well as my husband went from working nights to days so started cooking healthy meals for all of us in the evening and it really motivated me. I now crave anything stodgy and bread like but don't actually enjoy it much :-/ I try hard to stay on track but if my hubby's eating something, I have the sod it attitude I'm pregnant. I am with a group and my C really kindly set target for me so could continue going and not pay but haven't been for weeks, I've lost my motivation :-( dont see the point in going when youre just going to put on, I know thats the wrong attitude. I've put on a stone and a half and feel so fat. I put on a lot more at this stage with my first but like one of you said (i apologise I can't remember who) I want to enjoy the first few days of by sons life not worry about the weight I have to lose especially as my mother in law is very very snap happy with her camera. The thing is I don't enjoy what I eat and sometimes not even hungry and makes me feel sick with acid reflux. I dunno why I do it :-/ I'm sorry to ramble just wanted to give you my background. Think you're all doing fantastic and hopefully we can help each other? Sorry again for the ramble xxxx

Last edited:
Hello ladies, I've been following your posts for a little while and would love to join in. I'm 23 weeks pregnant with my second boy, I had problems at the start of my pregnancy and had to have cvs (taking some placenta) but luckily everything is fine and well....... apart from my eating :-( it all started well as my husband went from working nights to days so started cooking healthy meals for all of us in the evening and it really motivated me. I now crave anything stodgy and bread like but don't actually enjoy it much :-/ I try hard to stay on track but if my hubby's eating something, I have the sod it attitude I'm pregnant. I am with a group and my C really kindly set target for me so could continue going and not pay but haven't been for weeks, I've lost my motivation :-( dont see the point in going when youre just going to put on, I know thats the wrong attitude. I've put on a stone and a half and feel so fat. I put on a lot more at this stage with my first but like one of you said (i apologise I can't remember who) I want to enjoy the first few days of by sons life not worry about the weight I have to lose especially as my mother in law is very very snap happy with her camera. The thing is I don't enjoy what I eat and sometimes not even hungry and makes me feel sick with acid reflux. I dunno why I do it :-/ I'm sorry to ramble just wanted to give you my background. Think you're all doing fantastic and hopefully we can help each other? Sorry again for the ramble xxxx

Hey huni I completely empathise with you as I'm sure we all do on here! I have had the sane attitude to food 'sod it I'm pregnant' I've gained 2 well I think it's nearer 2 stone 7 but I'm it totally 100% at what weight I was when I got pregnant! My appetite changes so much from day to day this is my first pregnancy with a girl :) I've had a brilliant pregnancy I only get a little heartburn and achy legs but other than that oh and I have a low placenta so being monitored regularly so I have another scan this Friday to see if she has moved and taking the placenta with her :) I love SW you really can eat loads! It's brilliant but I have to be honest I've only been back on plan properly since Friday morning and so far I'm doing ok I do go over my syns occasionally but this is more to do with my sweet tooth I love sweet things and fruit just doesn't always cut it lol!

Can i join ye ladies please??

I have a lot to lose- around 5-5.5 stone. Have already lost 3.5 stone but have a long way to go!

Hubby and i would love to have a baby. So hopefully it will happen for us.

:)

Goodluck x hope it happens for you soon x

Hey huni I completely empathise with you as I'm sure we all do on here! I have had the sane attitude to food 'sod it I'm pregnant' I've gained 2 well I think it's nearer 2 stone 7 but I'm it totally 100% at what weight I was when I got pregnant! My appetite changes so much from day to day this is my first pregnancy with a girl :) I've had a brilliant pregnancy I only get a little heartburn and achy legs but other than that oh and I have a low placenta so being monitored regularly so I have another scan this Friday to see if she has moved and taking the placenta with her :) I love SW you really can eat loads! It's brilliant but I have to be honest I've only been back on plan properly since Friday morning and so far I'm doing ok I do go over my syns occasionally but this is more to do with my sweet tooth I love sweet things and fruit just doesn't always cut it lol!

Sw makes sense and when I'm on plan I have less acid reflux! Just wish I could do it, it's those damn raging hormones that take over ;-) I get that achey twitchy leg thing, lol drives me mad. Think we sometimes have to give ourselves a break, think its because last time when I was pregnant and then I lost weight someone who only knew me pregnant said god I didn't recognise you without the fat on your face! Lol so just paranoid now! Congrats on having a little girl :) When are you due Hun? Thank you for your reply! Xx

Hi and congratulations x
I think we all struggle and its taking a day at a time. Like you when my husband is doing a day shift which he is this coming week i am really healthy but when he's on a evening shift i just cant help myself and eat even though i dont enjoy it and like you i love eating bread and stodge but dont even enjoy it. I was in two minds over whether i should go but after putting on just over 1 and half stones i decided to bite the bullet and enjoy a new group and i still dont want to go but i think i will have to otherwise i will gain a lot more that i should and not enjoy my daughter at all once she is born. It is very hard and its my 3rd day back fully on plan after a 7 week gap but with each day i am on plan i feel a little bit more motivated to carry on but i know i will have a blow out some point so will just have to accept that as long as i am more on plan than off lol. But most importantly enjoy your pregnancy even if it means you cant get back on plan because you will lose that weight once baby is here and we are all here to support each other x

Home sweet home!!! I attempted to stay over at mums for a Girly night as my oh is away and OMG I could not settle at all! The smell if stale smoke is disgusting, I'd never noticed it until bring pregnant I don't smoke and hate the smell but its stale smell that's even worse so drove home in my pjs lol tucked up now with a very active lady in my tummy lol
Lol i'm exactly the same at my mums, my bugbear is that everything isnt how i like it to be plus when i go there i hate it i have to do the cleaning everyday considering i have 3 other sisters who are just plain lazy and dont do it so i will have to try and avoid it these half term holidays as my backs done it and i struggle to vacuum at home with my lightweight vacuum nevermind with their heavy dyson!

Hi and congratulations x
I think we all struggle and its taking a day at a time. Like you when my husband is doing a day shift which he is this coming week i am really healthy but when he's on a evening shift i just cant help myself and eat even though i dont enjoy it and like you i love eating bread and stodge but dont even enjoy it. I was in two minds over whether i should go but after putting on just over 1 and half stones i decided to bite the bullet and enjoy a new group and i still dont want to go but i think i will have to otherwise i will gain a lot more that i should and not enjoy my daughter at all once she is born. It is very hard and its my 3rd day back fully on plan after a 7 week gap but with each day i am on plan i feel a little bit more motivated to carry on but i know i will have a blow out some point so will just have to accept that as long as i am more on plan than off lol. But most importantly enjoy your pregnancy even if it means you cant get back on plan because you will lose that weight once baby is here and we are all here to support each other x

Thank you for replying! :) like you said it's just trying to have more on plan days than off which I'm trying to do, I think I'm going go to group this week then have a blowout and then oh there's always next week lol. And i totally get what you are saying about the more days you have on plan the better u feel. How many weeks are you? I want to enjoy the pregnancy and not get all stressed about my weight and beat myself up when I eat naughty but I also want to enjoy it after, lol I want the best if both worlds :) congratulations to you too :) xx

Thank you for replying! :) like you said it's just trying to have more on plan days than off which I'm trying to do, I think I'm going go to group this week then have a blowout and then oh there's always next week lol. And i totally get what you are saying about the more days you have on plan the better u feel. How many weeks are you? I want to enjoy the pregnancy and not get all stressed about my weight and beat myself up when I eat naughty but I also want to enjoy it after, lol I want the best if both worlds :) congratulations to you too :) xx
I will be 23 weeks tomorrow due on the 16th of july. Lol to keep me sane while i am pregnant the day i weigh in i will have the blowout and then get on plan the next day but i get weighed every 2 weeks because of my husbands shifts so have to wait a whole 2 weeks! x

I will be 23 weeks tomorrow due on the 16th of july. Lol to keep me sane while i am pregnant the day i weigh in i will have the blowout and then get on plan the next day but i get weighed every 2 weeks because of my husbands shifts so have to wait a whole 2 weeks! x

I think I need to go back to get my mojo back! Ooh not much between us I'm due in the 10th of July! :) x

For me i found the first 2 days back on plan awful i just wanted to give in and eat anything and everything but i battled on found my third day today much easier. I also had acid reflux and really bad indigestion throughout my last three pregnancies but this pregnancy where i was on plan until 7 weeks ago i havent had any reflux or indigestion until i binge eat :( I also save my syns and use them all in the evening for choc mostly and sometimes crisps and also save 1 of my hexa to have 2 babybel cheese so that kinda helps too x

Sw makes sense and when I'm on plan I have less acid reflux! Just wish I could do it, it's those damn raging hormones that take over ;-) I get that achey twitchy leg thing, lol drives me mad. Think we sometimes have to give ourselves a break, think its because last time when I was pregnant and then I lost weight someone who only knew me pregnant said god I didn't recognise you without the fat on your face! Lol so just paranoid now! Congrats on having a little girl :) When are you due Hun? Thank you for your reply! Xx

Gosh some people have no tacked do they, my nan is abit like that she was telling me today my legs are like tree trunks! Lovely eh lol! I totally agree we so need to give ourselves a break Its a happy & lovely time for us all but also very stressful as we want the best for our babies but we want to treat ourselves too! I mean come on we are baking a human inside of us lol and that needs rewarding :) I'm trying to follow the plan as closely as I can and just write everything down but I would be lying if I said I was doing it 100% my meals are but I do go over on my syns every day! :(

I'm due on the 19th July if its a natural birth or 2 weeks earlier if the placenta is still low I'm hoping to god it will move I'd rather delivery naturally with every pain relief available lol at least you can walk around the sane day but hey as long as she gets her healthy then what will be will be!

When are you due? Are you going to go back to class or do it from home? This forum will help you alot I find it helps me :)

:welcome:ladies!

K9KT: my advice is gona sound cliched but it's wat the rest of us here try 2 do...just take 1 day at a time, try 2 stick 2 plan as best u can n don't beat yerself up bout it it if u do stray off path! I think the best we can all hope for is 2 njoy r pregnancies as much as we can n stay as healthy as poss 4 us n r babies; so wat if we ave the odd treat or extra slice of bread (or 2! lol!) we'r growin another person after all n that takes priority! :)

Belle: here's wishin u n yer hubby every sucess! :)

Lol i'm exactly the same at my mums, my bugbear is that everything isnt how i like it to be plus when i go there i hate it i have to do the cleaning everyday considering i have 3 other sisters who are just plain lazy and dont do it so i will have to try and avoid it these half term holidays as my backs done it and i struggle to vacuum at home with my lightweight vacuum nevermind with their heavy dyson!

Lol no don't do it you need your strength :) and to look after that back of yours especially as your bump gets bigger :) how are you finding being back on SW properly? Im doing ok my meals are brill but my syns are way over so really going to attempt to try tomorrow totally syn free no idea if it will last all day lol! But I've prepared everything today so there's no excuse except for my hormones and greed lol

Lol no don't do it you need your strength :) and to look after that back of yours especially as your bump gets bigger :) how are you finding being back on SW properly? Im doing ok my meals are brill but my syns are way over so really going to attempt to try tomorrow totally syn free no idea if it will last all day lol! But I've prepared everything today so there's no excuse except for my hormones and greed lol
Everything felt a lot easier today than the last 2 days. I still feel hungry but not as much as before but i think i am eating a lot especially my evening meals, they are massive portions. My syns are ok but i try and tend to tend to save them for now when i start feeling hungry again lol. Try syn free but dont deprive yourself otherwise it might go the other way because even if you are going over syns i bet since you been back on plan you have been eating a lot more healthier than you would have done before the plan x

:(my greedy husband has just eaten all my grapes even though when i brought them today I told him to keep away from them. I do have one more pack left but thats not the point so as a punishment i will send him out after work tomorrow when he's most tired to get some more! x

Thanks ladies for all your advice! That's what I need to stop doing beating myself up. The problem with me is all or nothing and I've always been like that. So I think I'll eat everything get the cravings/ stuff out the way and start tomorrow but then it doesn't work like that :-/ after a while as you're being so good you start craving again. Think I need to give in to them a little but not go mad (easier said than done)

I'm due on the 10th July :) I am part of a group but my membership will run out soon as i havent been for weeks I will go back once I've had a few days on plan. I need to to keep me in line, even if I do it in 3 weeks or something, can be a goal. I just feel ashamed when I gain more than I should but who doesn't :-/
Some people just don't think before they talk and don't realise how it affects us :-( my grandma is like that too!
We are creating another human like you say, that obviously requires a lot of chocolate ;-)

Thanks for sharing your stories and advice I don't feel alone now :)

:(my greedy husband has just eaten all my grapes even though when i brought them today I told him to keep away from them. I do have one more pack left but thats not the point so as a punishment i will send him out after work tomorrow when he's most tired to get some more! x

I'm eating grapes like sweets, really have a taste for them this pregnancy! Luckily my husband doesn't like grapes if he did and stole mine, he may be losing a few fingers lol :)

Back