Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hey ladies, hope everybody's well! Congrats 2 the new ladies on their pregnancies n glad 2 hear all the scans/hcg tests went well in the last day or 2!

It was WI 4 me 2day n my pregnancy weight gain is a 1st 2.5lb so far (I'm almost 30wks). I'm basing my gain figure on the fact that I'd been maintaining at 8st 7lb 4 the last 3 n a bit years. I'm very pleased with 2day's WI actually cos I was quite bad over the bank hol w/end n had been expectin a much bigger gain than 1.5lb, I seriously think my exercise is wat's helpin keep me on track tho :) I usually ave treat nite on WI nite so I think I'l splash out n ave a wheaten scone wif butter n jam 2 celebrate! :D

Hey ladies, hope everybody's well! Congrats 2 the new ladies on their pregnancies n glad 2 hear all the scans/hcg tests went well in the last day or 2!

It was WI 4 me 2day n my pregnancy weight gain is a 1st 2.5lb so far (I'm almost 30wks). I'm basing my gain figure on the fact that I'd been maintaining at 8st 7lb 4 the last 3 n a bit years. I'm very pleased with 2day's WI actually cos I was quite bad over the bank hol w/end n had been expectin a much bigger gain than 1.5lb, I seriously think my exercise is wat's helpin keep me on track tho :) I usually ave treat nite on WI nite so I think I'l splash out n ave a wheaten scone wif butter n jam 2 celebrate! :D
I think exercise does help doesnt it, last week i ate bad but did so much walking and spent 2 days cleaning the house top to bottom and only gained 1lb but this last week i did no exercise not even much walking and ate bad and put on 3.5lbs! You enjoy that scone, butter and jam you deserve it x

Been awful again today!! Ive lost nearly 2 half stone since September. Gone from 16 stone 6 to 14st 1 1/2. So desperate to get in the 13s but not gonna happen :(
My weight controls my life :(

Its hard but just keep trying :)

Well I faced the music and gained 4lb which isn't so bad I guess! Was expecting half a stone lol ;) Need to work out what my weight was pre-pregnancy now - do you go from when you found out or count back however many weeks and take that weight? I don't think my weight gain is too bad so far as I lost a fair bit up until 7 weeks, that's when the nausea started and it all went wrong lol ;)

It was lovely to tell my SW group the news though - they've all been wonderful and a massive support through most of my TTC journey with all it's ups and downs so they were chuffed to bits bless them and looking forward to being honorary aunties :) xxx

I was literally only 2 weeks when I found out so I jumped on the scales & took that figure. I don't count from my lowest weight cause I lost a stone from hypermesis (severe sickness) but as soon as I could manage food it just jumped straight back on.

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

I think exercise does help doesnt it, last week i ate bad but did so much walking and spent 2 days cleaning the house top to bottom and only gained 1lb but this last week i did no exercise not even much walking and ate bad and put on 3.5lbs! You enjoy that scone, butter and jam you deserve it x

Thanx hun I'm def gona njoy it! I actually think treats like this taste even nicer when I ave them as an actual treat rather than just scoffin it wifout thinkin bout it like I wud ave done pre-SW... if u kno wat I mean!? lol!

I'v come 2 the conclusion that exercise def is the key as it not only physically helps wif weight control but also mentally cos I don't wana ruin my hard work n effort by eatin badly so it sorta encourages me 2 stick 2 plan when I feel like strayin...

Thanx hun I'm def gona njoy it! I actually think treats like this taste even nicer when I ave them as an actual treat rather than just scoffin it wifout thinkin bout it like I wud ave done pre-SW... if u kno wat I mean!? lol!

I'v come 2 the conclusion that exercise def is the key as it not only physically helps wif weight control but also mentally cos I don't wana ruin my hard work n effort by eatin badly so it sorta encourages me 2 stick 2 plan when I feel like strayin...

Definitely agree with treats tasting better when on plan, every mouthful feels so good whereas off plan i get no pleasure from it x

Definitely agree with treats tasting better when on plan, every mouthful feels so good whereas off plan i get no pleasure from it x

Oh I'd still get sum pleasure eatin it but I'd feel so dreadful afterwards that it "nearly" wasn't worth it! lol! Now it's more a reward so I can njoy whatever it is I'm avin guilt-free! :)

That's better than you thought! So glad your SW group are being supportive x x x

My group are amazing - couldn't do it without them! I know I couldn't have done it from home, I need a shove every week (especially when I was losing weight to a time scale for IVF) and they've always been there for me. And tbh if it wasn't for my group I wouldn't have gone back after four weeks off, I really missed them all in the end!

Been awful again today!! Ive lost nearly 2 half stone since September. Gone from 16 stone 6 to 14st 1 1/2. So desperate to get in the 13s but not gonna happen :(
My weight controls my life :(

Bless you, it has to be difficult to get your head round when you've battled with your weight for a long time. You've done really well too so you should be proud of that! Some people do manage to lose when they are pregnant, one of by friends did but she was v v overweight (over 20 stone) and her midwife actively encouraged her to lose for her health. She was 1.5 stone lighter after the birth! Mine hasn't told me to lose specifically but she said she only wants me to gain 1.5 stone ideally. I keep having moments where I freak out because I'm gaining and then I think 'hang on, I'm having a baby here!'. Maybe it's cos that was why I was losing weight to start with, I'm not so stressed about gaining it again. As long as my gain isn't too awful I'll be happy in the knowledge that a good chunk of the gain will drop off afterwards anyway. xxx

Last edited:

Totally agree with that - I need to get exercising again as I'm really missing it and I do eat better when I exercise! Had a massive panic about what I could/couldn't do and ended up doing nothing. Plus I didn't feel up to much a few weeks back but now the nausea's calming down I'm gonna try going to swimming and aquafit again :)

Ooh and thanks for your ideas re working out weight gain ladies, I went back through my SW book and found that I actually weigh the same now as I did 11 weeks ago! If you go back 12 weeks I've lost 1.5lbs! So I've pretty much maintained through the first trimester which I'm more than happy with. And now I'm feeling a bit better I can hopefully get back on it good and proper and try to keep my weight gain to just baby and less crisps :) xxx

Last edited:
Gemmalina you weren't last anyway lol! But I may jump forward a few days at the scan I usually do. Always hopeful lol!

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Mama - 17th October (don't actually have my date so this can change in 3 weeks at my scan
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January
ILoveCake -20th January.
Hannah8924- 3rd February

Oops added to the wrong list. Amended now.

Ooh and thanks for your ideas re working out weight gain ladies, I went back through my SW book and found that I actually weigh the same now as I did 11 weeks ago! If you go back 12 weeks I've lost 1.5lbs! So I've pretty much maintained through the first trimester which I'm more than happy with. And now I'm feeling a bit better I can hopefully get back on it good and proper and try to keep my weight gain to just baby and less crisps :) xxx

That is amazing!!! I fear I won't be doing the same thing my body is determined to store fat.

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Sammy - 17th Sept - s/c booked
Mama - 17th October (don't actually have my date so this can change in 3 weeks at my scan
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January
ILoveCake -20th January.
Hannah8924- 3rd February

Adding myself to the list ladies :)

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Kez - 10th December
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January
ILoveCake -20th January.
Hannah8924- 3rd February

Oops added to the wrong list. Amended now.

Mine seemed to disappear so added again lol x

Woke up ready to get on plan again. Well once I can eat with terrible toothache :(
My scales are not being nice but have till monday x

Not you as well! Get thee to a dentists now its free ;) xxx

That is amazing!!! I fear I won't be doing the same thing my body is determined to store fat.

Well mine might too for all I know, you know how your body reacts to being pregnant but I'm still learning ;)

Updated list

Laura -30th June
Slinkyson -5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Sammy - 17th Sept - s/c booked
Cai - 3rd October
Mama - 17th October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Kez - 10th December
Missy - 14th December