Pregnancy and Slimming World

Evening all,

Was just wondering whether anyone has found that they are less tolerant / find things irritate you more when preggo? I'm staying at my in laws this week as I'm on a course and things that I have never really noticed before / or gone over my head are really bugging me?

K x x

Yup! I'm mega intolerant, mega weepy (crying at the drop of a hat!) and generally a bit of a loose cannon ;) I have no concentration span, struggling to read books, concentrate at work etc and even my beloved Xbox is getting no love cos I just can't be bothered with it and my favourite games are annoying me! It's so strange how quickly everything changes eh? xxx

Moan all you like, injecting yourself is not very nice so you have every right to have a whinge! I reckon you'll find it easier to control with insulin though and you might get a bit more leeway with your food xxx

Ohhh missy I certainly hope so! I'm really struggling with food at the mo! I never know from 1 day to the next what I fancy! My nausea is quite bad :-( I struggle with snacks because I'm encouraged to snack on protein rather than fruit it's so boring at least when your following SW full plan it's more variety I'm so bored! But at least it's hot and that makes me not want to eat much until night time anyway eeeek x

Thanks hun, hope you are doing ok! xxx

I'm not too bad thanx had a really bad day yesterday - major thumping headache and nausea - managed to complete my course and then spent most of the evening in bed!

Feeling much better today which is good though

x x

I'm not too bad thanx had a really bad day yesterday - major thumping headache and nausea - managed to complete my course and then spent most of the evening in bed!

Feeling much better today which is good though

x x

Definitely good! I've had a headache for days now but that's likely lack of sleep and stress. The nausea has nearly gone for me but the dizziness has come back, lying on the sofa with my head spinning at the moment - urgh!

We should start blooming soon, right? I bloody hope so anyway! xxx

So today I have had a visit from the midwife who was lovely and very sympathetic. She wasn't sure if she could help but did put my mind at rest about a couple of things I was worried about and suggested arranging a consultant appt to see if could referred for another scan on mental health grounds.

Anyway - to cut a very long story short I now have a scan on tues! God knows how they managed that but I'm not arguing ;) I felt like a weight was off my shoulders as soon as I got the phone call. Just so relieved that now I can see baby post 12 weeks and hopefully everything will be ok and I'll have confidence then that we can make it through to the end together. I'm also seeing a psychiatrist at the mother and baby unit on Friday to look at ways of managing my anxiety so it doesn't become something more sinister as they are worried about how I'll cope at the moment for the next six months but especially after the birth. Never realised what a trigger pregnancy could be for mental health issues, there's a lot written about post natal depression but less about pre natal depression and it's an important subject I think! xxx

Two of my friends suffer with mental health issues! 1 sailed through pregnancy but the other didn't she ended up with post natal depression and severe anxiety however they did t monitor like they are with you so that's good that they are keeping a close eye on you :) good luck at your scan :) I hope you feel some comfort after having that :) x

Yup! I'm mega intolerant, mega weepy (crying at the drop of a hat!) and generally a bit of a loose cannon ;) I have no concentration span, struggling to read books, concentrate at work etc and even my beloved Xbox is getting no love cos I just can't be bothered with it and my favourite games are annoying me! It's so strange how quickly everything changes eh? xxx

So glad I'm not the only one lol! Now you say about the concentration that's making sense to - I have uni work to do and am so struggling with it - it don't help I'm working full time as well but I usually love study (freak I know) I also normally love spending quality time with my kindle and that ain't getting a look in either lol x x x

Ahh slinky, sorry to hear this. Do ask them to explain again its important that they make themselves clear. Drs love talking riddles and sometimes they do need to be stopped in their tracks. Only 3-4 more weeks, so close now!!!

The fact that its only a few weeks is what is keeping me going :) yes your right! I'm seeing my consultant Friday so I'm going to ask him to explain everything again because I can't get my head around it all! Especially with the fact that baby's development and growth is perfect so what's the problem!?!? I just don't get it but anyway will speak to them Friday :)

Ohhh missy I certainly hope so! I'm really struggling with food at the mo! I never know from 1 day to the next what I fancy! My nausea is quite bad :-( I struggle with snacks because I'm encouraged to snack on protein rather than fruit it's so boring at least when your following SW full plan it's more variety I'm so bored! But at least it's hot and that makes me not want to eat much until night time anyway eeeek x

Make sure you're eating enough - especially when you have the insulin. Eating regularly should help! Is it worth asking on the main board if there is anyone who does SW as a diabetic? They might be able to give you some ideas for snacks that won't muck up your levels or at least offer some guidance xxx

Aww hun atleast its not long to go for baby to come and also baby doesnt seem to be affected as she is growing fine x
Did they discuss whether or when they will induce you or is that for your next appointment x

They did say I will be induced at 38 weeks but my consultant may wish to induced me at 37 just depends how I react to the insulin I suppose! I've worked our her weight to be 5ibs 11oz going off the growth charts in my notes so that to me seems small but I don't know I'm not a professional! Anyway will know more on Friday :)

Well insulin injections here I come! Boooooooooo! Have to start these tonight, even though the baby is growing perfectly she's bang on par to what she should be weight wise!!! I just don't understand how this gestural diabetes works because they speak in riddles that I can't understand! I'm just so glad I only have about 3-4 weeks left!! I think if of lost the will to live if they found it sooner! I know there's others that are suffering more than me so I'm trying not to moan but it is tough!
Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Hi

While its not the same I certainly know the feeling about injecting yourself - cause I have had previous mc's and they found I have a problem clotting I have had to inject myself in the tummy everyday I am like a black and blue pin cushion - so I know how you feel - not only have moaned but I have also cried and generally felt sorry for myself!

Big hugs x x x

So glad I'm not the only one lol! Now you say about the concentration that's making sense to - I have uni work to do and am so struggling with it - it don't help I'm working full time as well but I usually love study (freak I know) I also normally love spending quality time with my kindle and that ain't getting a look in either lol x x x

The only thing I can concentrate on for any length of time is my iPhone cos I'm switching between things minis/google/Facebook etc but the Xbox doesn't stand a chance poor thing! Husband likes that he gets to go on it for once though haha! xxx

Two of my friends suffer with mental health issues! 1 sailed through pregnancy but the other didn't she ended up with post natal depression and severe anxiety however they did t monitor like they are with you so that's good that they are keeping a close eye on you :) good luck at your scan :) I hope you feel some comfort after having that :) x

I think it's not always taken seriously and you can end up in a right mess, I'm sorry it happened to your friend. :( I don't want to lose that early time with little to depression, it's such a horrible thought. I think I will feel better after the scan, once I know that me and little have made it past 12 weeks together :) xxx

They did say I will be induced at 38 weeks but my consultant may wish to induced me at 37 just depends how I react to the insulin I suppose! I've worked our her weight to be 5ibs 11oz going off the growth charts in my notes so that to me seems small but I don't know I'm not a professional! Anyway will know more on Friday :)

My first baby was 5lbs12 and she was fine. The only thing i found was because she was small so was her tummy and it seemed like i never had a break from feeding her x

My kindle is gathering dust too x

Make sure you're eating enough - especially when you have the insulin. Eating regularly should help! Is it worth asking on the main board if there is anyone who does SW as a diabetic? They might be able to give you some ideas for snacks that won't muck up your levels or at least offer some guidance xxx

That's a bloody good idea! I will post something now to ask them! Yeah I'm abit worried about managing my levels they told me today that I could feel faint and that my levels could drop low so need to be careful!! Anyway will ask and see if anyone can help thanks x

Hi

While its not the same I certainly know the feeling about injecting yourself - cause I have had previous mc's and they found I have a problem clotting I have had to inject myself in the tummy everyday I am like a black and blue pin cushion - so I know how you feel - not only have moaned but I have also cried and generally felt sorry for myself!

Big hugs x x x

Gosh I feel your pain! I'm getting myself all worked up and upset about this! I don't normally mind needles but when your sticking them in yourself rather than having a gp do it! It just doesn't feel quite normal! I've got to inject my thigh doing my 1st one in 15mins!!! Eeek so not looking forward to it at all :-(

My first baby was 5lbs12 and she was fine. The only thing i found was because she was small so was her tummy and it seemed like i never had a break from feeding her x

Yikes, we'll they have told me that she likely to gain about a pound a week now so fingers crossed she'll be a little bigger! But even if she stays the same it's all good I intend to breast feed :) x

Back