Pregnancy and Slimming World

I had a surprise at mothercare yesterday. This time around I've not bothered with buying maternity bras. I have got two big strapless bras and I've noticed that I've not got very big in the bust size so not bothered paying put for new bras

So anyway I thought I better get measured as I wanted to make sure I'm not squashed into a small bra.

However when I got measured I've not changed at all in the back or cup size! The lady said come back at 38wks where she will measure me again for a nursing bra.

I can't believe how different this pregnancy had been on my body and I'm sure its cos of SW.

My weight gain is low, I'm still wearing my 14 mat baggy jeans (last time I went up to a 20 fitted) I'm still wearing 'normal tops' in a size 12 and now I've found out my bras are still the same lol

I just wish I had known abt SW with my first.

I think I may have felt the baby for the first time last night... Felt kinda like gassy bubbles but low down, whereas anything tummy-gas related or tummy rumbles etc are much higher up if that makes sense... So I think it must be the baby... Yay!

Well done cheeky - you really have done so well!

Yours will be first, hehe :)

Doesen't it feel good when you have really comfortable clothing on, I find it really makes a difference. Wore some non- maternity clothing yesterday and I felt like a beach whale but seleced some maternity clothing and I feel so goooooooood and comfy :)

Thanks Sarah

Not long now Bunny!

bunnylovesalan said:
Yours will be first, hehe :)

Doesen't it feel good when you have really comfortable clothing on, I find it really makes a difference. Wore some non- maternity clothing yesterday and I felt like a beach whale but seleced some maternity clothing and I feel so goooooooood and comfy :)

Oh I know what you mean abt clothing. I put on a pair of leggings on and although I felt scruffy it was nice feeling comfortable lol

It really wasn't wise of me to read this tread :rolleyes:

our eldest DD is 7 in October and youngest DD will be 5 in two weeks so starting school this August, and have been feeling very broody and reading all your posts about midwife appointments and bumps has made me feel even more broody than before!!!

You know I even found my self on the mothercare web site yesterday looking at buggies :eek: I think I need to get a grip lol

Well done everybody who is staying on plan while pregnant, with both of my pregnancies I ate for about 15 people!!!!!!!

Have a 4D scan booked for tomorrow. Friend managed to get my a discount because she works in the same building. Going for the DVD option very excited.

Lexie_dog said:
Have a 4D scan booked for tomorrow. Friend managed to get my a discount because she works in the same building. Going for the DVD option very excited.

Lexie, how exciting!

We had a 4d scan this time around, to check if this baby had any cleft or palette problems. Luckily she hasn't but it was amazing seeing her face so clear lol

Good luck xxx

sarah83 said:
I think I may have felt the baby for the first time last night... Felt kinda like gassy bubbles but low down, whereas anything tummy-gas related or tummy rumbles etc are much higher up if that makes sense... So I think it must be the baby... Yay!

I think it must be the baby as I felt it this morning when hubby was lightly tickling my tummy, then it stopped when he stopped

Cheeky I'm so glad you mentioned this as it's how i'm planning on feeding my baby this time around. Yep sure its gonna be double the work expressing and bottle feeding, but it works around me and my family.
I formula fed my first two as i didn't want to breastfeed but never knew about pumping. It really bugs me that exclusive pumping is never giving as an option in the UK rather health care providers would just rather mums went on to formula, and even tell women that its impossible to keep up your supply (which is a load of rubbish). I'm training to be a midwife at the moment and it's definetly an option i will suggest to mums when i qualify.

i breastfed for 3 weeks with my baby, i found it too painful after having a section and was not confident my baby was getting enough milk, i would have liked to express and feed so i could see what my baby was getting but the midwives all advised against this, sometimes i feel really bad that i didnt continue with the breast milk, i will definately consider expressing only for my next baby. Can u express from day 1 ? i wanted to express in hospital but the midwife was really horrible about it and i was too tired to argue, i did read in a book that my mother in law bought me that expressing from day 1 boosts your supply?

xx

My boy ( now two) was prem so he couldn't feed so i expressed from day one as he was syringe fed that was recommended by my midwife you'd thick that if it wasn't possible to breast feed they would rather they still had your milk dont know why they wouldn't recommend it x

Some good tips on breastfeeding , thanks guys x
My sister struggled with both of hers, babies weren't putting on enough weight so she decided to do a bit of both and it worked out ok, don't ever recall her talking about expressing though which i'll have a go at just so Oh can feed baby too and so i'm not perminently attached like my sis was lol! x

Been having 'empty stomach' feelings all wkend like i've not eaten so have ate quite a lot then feeling guilty cos still in Sw mode! Had another severe wind day as well........anyone else suffering?

I know what you mean about the empty stomach feeling, I had to eat all the time to get rid of it as it felt yukky. As long as your trying your best with eating some healthy food don't put pressure on yourself about SW, it just added stress that is not needed :)

My boy ( now two) was prem so he couldn't feed so i expressed from day one as he was syringe fed that was recommended by my midwife you'd thick that if it wasn't possible to breast feed they would rather they still had your milk dont know why they wouldn't recommend it x

Hi Kimmy,

I am just crashing but my little girl was the same, she was 7 weeks prem and I expressed for 3 weeks whilst she was in SCBU but then my supply started going and then the Consultant decided she needed to be on prescription formula as she wasn't gaining enough wait so we had to FF as she was on the formula until 12 months. I felt so bad about not being able to BF but it was taken out of my hands :sigh:

I am dreading my booking appointment with midwife tomorrow!!

Mostly as I have a bmi that is classed as obese althought I get told I am not obese by ppl and once a doctor who said no way I weigh that much a I don't look big.

Scared of what midwife will say when he weighs me.... How did anyone else in this situation get on x

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

When I got weighed at my booking in appointment the MW simply pointed out that I was under the obese category and that was that. I think they're more concerned you don't put lots on throughout the pregnancy.

Don't worry Leanne - you'll be fine

SaraC said:
Hi Kimmy,

I am just crashing but my little girl was the same, she was 7 weeks prem and I expressed for 3 weeks whilst she was in SCBU but then my supply started going and then the Consultant decided she needed to be on prescription formula as she wasn't gaining enough wait so we had to FF as she was on the formula until 12 months. I felt so bad about not being able to BF but it was taken out of my hands :sigh:

Yeh bit similar Ayrton ended up on nutramegen as he has massive lactose intolerance but had my milk for first stint he's two now but still has nutramegen as it has calcium which Ayrton lacks due to not being able to eat most calcium foods , no one should feel guilty about how there baby is fed that's were it's wrong what ever is best for MUM and baby is the right way x

Back