Pregnancy and Slimming World

Good luck Cheeky!

I only been weighed at my firs t booking in appt, I think they've moved away from constant weighing only if they concerned about baby weight/growth. Maybe that's just in Scotland though?

My appetites gone this week. Small meals only, anything larger leaves me feeling really far too full.

Had an apple at 6am and trying to push down beans on toast for fibre and iron at the moment.

Had a kids meal from the chinese last night - chicken satay and boiled rice and hours later n bed with a big bloated belly. Looks like the hungry bottomless pit stage has ended.

Having to rejig my eating now to make sure I'm covering calcium, iron, protein, fibre and then my multivit.

I only been weighed at my firs t booking in appt, I think they've moved away from constant weighing only if they concerned about baby weight/growth. Maybe that's just in Scotland though?

I think I'll get weighed at every appointment, well I did at my 16 week appointment anyway... but again maybe that's just Wales :p

Feeling sick again today - yuck. But the feeling is quite high up, i.e. leading up to my throat, so I'm not sure if it's nausea or some sort of indigestion :confused:
I've never really had indigestion so not sure what it feels like ya see!!

Going to try and get in for a bra fitting today - eek! Will let you all know how much my boobies have grown later!!

Good luck Cheeky - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Lexie - Not to your extent but already I feel like I can't eat as much as I used to as I get really full, like I can't go out for a big meal out anymore. We went out Friday night and I ate about 2/3 of my pasta main, couldn't manage any more. At least at home I can control my portions. So I can imagine later on that would get much worse with the lack of space!!

I am dreading my booking appointment with midwife tomorrow!!

Mostly as I have a bmi that is classed as obese althought I get told I am not obese by ppl and once a doctor who said no way I weigh that much a I don't look big.

Scared of what midwife will say when he weighs me.... How did anyone else in this situation get on x

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

i put on lot of weight on when i was pregnant, my midwife was awful about - saying if i put any more weight on then i would have to go to hospital, told me not to drink milk as i had told her i was drinking a pint a day - but she was snooty about it - saying that i didnt need to drink milk i could just have it in cereal and i only needed to drink skimmed milk - i came out of the appointment very upset - my partner went mad - in the end i changed doctors - which is in a different district - north yorkshire instead of east cleveland - what a difference in ther service they provide, the health visitors are lovely and very helpful - i have been given lots of useful advice and resources - they ring me to make sure all ok, regularly. i have friends with health visitors in the other district and a lot of them havent even seen their health visitor.

i was a lot heavier than what u were, yes i was over weight but there are ways of going about things, hope it goes ok for you hun. x

Hi can i ask a question. I am 10 days late. Have 2 weeks of tummy cramps, sore boobs general grumps & have done 2 tests both negative & still no sign. Me & Oh agreed to test again on saturday but am worrying now. Do you think I should wait or go to the doc?
Thanks in advance

Though I'd tell you all ( just told family ) I'm pregnant not sure how far as I still have periods ( did with first as well ) wasn't trying but nice surprise midwife thinks I'm 7-9 weeks due dec x x got booking app on 27th so might know more then x x

Though I'd tell you all ( just told family ) I'm pregnant not sure how far as I still have periods ( did with first as well ) wasn't trying but nice surprise midwife thinks I'm 7-9 weeks due dec x x got booking app on 27th so might know more then x x

Congratulations honey!
Bet you can't wait until your scan, to find out how far you are!!
My SIL had periods through her pregnancy too - so she ended up not testing or finding out until she was over 12 weeks! Funny how the body can trick you...

Congratulations!

sarah83 said:
Congratulations honey!
Bet you can't wait until your scan, to find out how far you are!!
My SIL had periods through her pregnancy too - so she ended up not testing or finding out until she was over 12 weeks! Funny how the body can trick you...

With my first I was 13 weeks when I found out only reason I know this time is I passed out and had a thing for lemon juice ( same as first baby so did test)
Thanks x

Well what an eventful day I have had!

Good news is that I will be having a natural labour. The consultant said that he was pleased to see that I wanted to opt for a natural birth rather than taking the c-section option. So I was rather chuffed but then things took a turn lol

So during my check up, he measured me and I am measuring 32wks rather than 35wks, so next thing I know I am being booked in for an emergency scan lol and then sent to the MAC team to review my scan details lol

Baby is measuring small, her tummy and legs are at the minimum end of the scale and she only weighs 4lbs but they have said everything is ok. I was worried that it was Ive only gained 10lbs but I was assured there is no concern there. He said that Doctors/Midwifes dont worry about weight gain, as baby will take everything I put into my body before me so the only person who suffers is me!

The consultant also said that it is likely that I will be induced just before or on my due date. The reason being is that as my first labour was only 2hrs, I am likely to have an even quicker labour and therefore to try and prevent any further damage down below it is better that they control my labour.

So I better get my bag pack asap, just in case lol

Well what an eventful day I have had!

Good news is that I will be having a natural labour. The consultant said that he was pleased to see that I wanted to opt for a natural birth rather than taking the c-section option. So I was rather chuffed but then things took a turn lol

So during my check up, he measured me and I am measuring 32wks rather than 35wks, so next thing I know I am being booked in for an emergency scan lol and then sent to the MAC team to review my scan details lol

Baby is measuring small, her tummy and legs are at the minimum end of the scale and she only weighs 4lbs but they have said everything is ok. I was worried that it was Ive only gained 10lbs but I was assured there is no concern there. He said that Doctors/Midwifes dont worry about weight gain, as baby will take everything I put into my body before me so the only person who suffers is me!

The consultant also said that it is likely that I will be induced just before or on my due date. The reason being is that as my first labour was only 2hrs, I am likely to have an even quicker labour and therefore to try and prevent any further damage down below it is better that they control my labour.

So I better get my bag pack asap, just in case lol

oh dear! yes you had better get your bags packed. lol. all this baby talk is making me very broody but think i'll wait a while longer since samuel is only 6 months. :) x

Wow Cheeky what a crazy day! So pleased you can have the labour you want, and I'm sure baby will catch up in the last few weeks!

Kimmy - lemon juice? That's a bit crazy!! I'm not surprised it made you reach for a test, especially if you'd had the same craving before!

Congratulations cheecky on tyhe natural birth!
Kimmy congrations on your good news - I had two periods and negative tests for two months until I found out I was pregnant!
My midwife is lovely and really realistic with her viewpoints and just hightlights that everything should be moderation and she has only weighted me once and that will be it the whole time :)

sarah83 said:
Wow Cheeky what a crazy day! So pleased you can have the labour you want, and I'm sure baby will catch up in the last few weeks!

Kimmy - lemon juice? That's a bit crazy!! I'm not surprised it made you reach for a test, especially if you'd had the same craving before!

Yeh last time didn't know was preg but should of thought as drank pure lemon juice same this time, it's yummy

cheeky what a busy day youv had!!! .. i hope everything works out for the best xxxx

i had my mw app today. baby BP is 160, so she sais its a girlie but thats all old wives tales! so whos to know hey! cos it was 131 at 16wks, 145 2 wks ago.. and then has been 160 last fri at the day assess and 160 again today so whos to know hey!

iv got a note to say im fine to fly, she says i can sleep on my back if im adequetly propped upright properly etc.

im feeling really emotional and overwhelmed.. im scared.. im having a baby soon.

My first mw appointment went ok. Walked in to have her say "ohh I recognise ur face" I smiled! It's the same midwife I had through pregnancy with my son!

Nothing was said about my weight and I cam carry on sw if I want. I don't have an estimated date as I haven't had a period cuz of comin off pill. But roughly 15th jan (6 days before my sons birthday!)
Go bk in four weeks and then will be booked for scan.

Sooo I'm 4 weeks 1 day and my baby is the size of a poppy seed!
Already this pregnancy feels totaly different!

Was worried as was almost marked as high risk due to forcep delivery with son. But after speaking with midwife my birthstory I am low risk!!!

My son said today... Mommy I want u to have 2 babies in ur tummy a boy and girl! Hope to dear god it's not a sign lol as I remeber before I was preg a preschooler told me a baby was in my tum n they were right haha

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Just come back from hospital had bleed at tea time had bloods done and got scan on Thursday this is what it was like with my first so hoping it all ok x will know when we have scan x

Back