Pregnancy and Slimming World

Congrats mummymoo!!!

And massive hugs to ilovelife and ferb. ((hugs)) xxx

Just wishing you all the best in your pregnancies and hope your nausia and sickness wears off soon!!

I hope to be joining you all soon. were on month one of TTC properly.

x

I'm edging in on this thread - I'm another newbie mum to be and it's baby number 1.

So excited and worried at the same time, counting down the days until I can get my first scan :)

Hi all, I new to this forum. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. I haven't done slimming world since I got pregnant as I was pretty ill etc then I stood on the scales at the weekend and nearly died at how much weight I'd put on through eating crap so I've decided to do sw at home until baby is born and then rejoin the class after the birth. Today is my first day and so far it's going well
I had 2 apples and a muller light toffee yoghurt for breakfast, sushi, chicken breast and salad for lunch and for dinner I'm having salad with jacket potato and feta cheese yum yum
I just hope I can keep this up :)

Hiya! Welcome new members and new mums-to-be!

I'm doing really badly at the plan now but I'm trying not to worry too much about it. I'm ok with evening meals, and most lunch times. Breakfast is still SW, either weetabix or porridge (which I've still been weighing out). It's the snacking that gets me.

Although today I've eaten 2 satsumas and a massive pear, I've also necked a wispa (yum!) and I've been eating crisps with my sandwich (on full size wholemeal bread which I didn't weigh...). I find I keep picking a lot and it's always junk.

I've been getting a lot of heartburn from the baby squashing up my stomach so I find I pick more because I can't eat a full size meal any more (no idea how to cope with my 5 xmas meals planned! All 3 courses!). I know it's no excuse but I guess it's that and the weather and the season and so on... I bought loads of chocolate yesterday 'for xmas' and ate half a chocolate orange last night in front of the tv. It's hard to get motivated in to following the plan although I know I can. Meh!

Got my first scan yesterday - healthy 7 weeks with a good strong heartbeat. Got it as I was having stomach and back pain but all is well!

Got a scan pic but its doesn't look like anything - but its still so exciting!

Put on about 2lbs so far, been trying to eat well/better but its hard, I'm snacking more than anything and appetites not that great.

No real morning sickness either, I guess I'm lucky so far.

I had my 18 week scan on Monday, and found out we are having a GIRL, we were totally shocked, as I was convinced it was going to be another little boy. I don't think it has sunk in yet and I am going to get them to double check at my 24 week scan before buying anything girly lol.

Once the sickness wore off, I went a bit mad on the food front and gained about 2lbs, but have since been back on track and lost what I gained, so that means, so far I haven't gained anything.

I doubt I will manage to lose anything while pregnant as I am just finding myself so hungry all the time. But as long as I do not have a huge gain I am happy.

I had my 18 week scan on Monday, and found out we are having a GIRL, we were totally shocked, as I was convinced it was going to be another little boy. I don't think it has sunk in yet and I am going to get them to double check at my 24 week scan before buying anything girly lol.

Once the sickness wore off, I went a bit mad on the food front and gained about 2lbs, but have since been back on track and lost what I gained, so that means, so far I haven't gained anything.

I doubt I will manage to lose anything while pregnant as I am just finding myself so hungry all the time. But as long as I do not have a huge gain I am happy.

Hi Britmum, I don't know how I managed to miss the fact you're preggers but many congratulations!!! A girl, how cute!! I wonder if she'll inherit your gorgeous auburn curls! She'll be a lucky young lady if she does! And she doesn't know what treats are in store for her from slimmingeats!! XXX

Hi Britmum, I don't know how I managed to miss the fact you're preggers but many congratulations!!! A girl, how cute!! I wonder if she'll inherit your gorgeous auburn curls! She'll be a lucky young lady if she does! And she doesn't know what treats are in store for her from slimmingeats!! XXX

Hey Funcurls,

My son has my curls and hair colouring, so am wondering if our little girl might be more like daddy. ;)

Hello everyone

Am 25 weeks today and so far have gained 11lbs which is more than I would've liked :( According to the few weight gain caculators that I have done my gain is within the normal range so that is something I suppose.

Overall I'm not eating too badly but I must admit I am having more chocolate than I should be :eek: my stomach doesn't seem to be able to handle a full meal anymore as if I try and eat too much I get overly full really quickly and then suffer afterwards.

I haven't been so great with the exercise - I haven't really done any which I am really annoyed with myself about. I had all good intentions of going swimming and to Aquafit and Aquanatal classes but haven't been to any :(

Must try harder as I really don't want to put on too much more if I can help it - I stillhave another 15 weeks left :(

27+5 with baby no.2!! xx

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me commenting... i am currently 27+5 weeks pregnant with a little boy and am just about to have WI no.3.. so 3 weeks on plan!!

i have a 7 and a half month old little girl named Lillie... i put 5stone on durring my pregnancy! (How i wish i had found SW then!!) I lost 2 and half stone in the short 4 weeks before accidently falling pregnant... A HUGE shock but completely happy & besotted with my little man already!

I have lost 9lbs so far on plan....

I hope to speak to some of you soon & hope to be able to be some kind of support through sticking to plan whilst pregnant...

xxxxx

Hi guys!! I'm back again... Yes, I know, I know... LOL! I've been sooooo bad with food, it's unreal. I've been feeling really bloated and uncomfortable lately so I decided to start eating properly again and weighed myself this morning. OMG!!!!!! I've gained over a stone!!!!! :(
So now I'm back over 11st sigh... I can't believe how much I've gained, I don't even know how much I'm supposed to weigh at this point (30 weeks), my obly consolation is that I'm still over 2st smaller than I was when I first started SW when I was NOT pregnant! :D
So anyway this new glaring evidence of weight gain, and just generally feeling stuffed all the time from bad food, has spurred me to get back on track and really start eating for health. So here I am!

I'm so sorry to those who suffered losses, I can only imagine how devastating it is. I wish you the very best of luck and strength in your continued journey ((((HUGS))))

FERN!!!! FERNIE BERNIE!!! Are you planning a baby too?! OMG I'm do excited!!!!!!! Please please keep us updated, good luck with TTC and have fun ;)

Off to the food diary section to start a new Pregnancy & post pregnancy food diary :D

Honey- update! IM PREGGERS TOOOO! found out yesterday.. early days but im officially 4wks 2days. OMG!!

dont you worry about yoour weight gain. Im hoping i will not gain for 2st. im trying my hardest! Im hoping i can even shift a few lbs in my first 12 weeks before babs starts becoming a proper little person. xxx Preferablly no weight gain untill 20weeks please!! xxxx

Glad your feeling well honey!x

Honey- update! IM PREGGERS TOOOO! found out yesterday.. early days but im officially 4wks 2days. OMG!!

dont you worry about yoour weight gain. Im hoping i will not gain for 2st. im trying my hardest! Im hoping i can even shift a few lbs in my first 12 weeks before babs starts becoming a proper little person. xxx Preferablly no weight gain untill 20weeks please!! xxxx

Glad your feeling well honey!x

Oh Fern!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! This is amazing news, very quick too heh heh... I bet your other half is pretty chuffed about that! You must be so excited! I just found out that my very good friend is pregnant too and her due date is the exact same date as mine!!!

Take care of yourself sweetie, take your folic acid and don't stress too much about what you're eating if you feel sick. I just ate what my body wanted and I didn't really gain anything. I only started gaining after the first trimester... Sigh... I've had one successful 100% SW day and I'm feeling better already. Hopefully I'll keep it up! I'm just hoping the gain is all baby related because I honestly don't *look* over a stone heavier... I'm still in size 10 maternity so I dunno.... Anyway I knew I was eating badly so at the very least I'm feeding myself and my baby good quality food!

COBGRATULATIONS once again Fern, I'm really happy for you!!!

Last edited:
Thanks girls!

Im not doing too bad food wise, but i am only a smidgen preggo. i dont feel pregnant yet, i dont fell sick atm. I dont have an excuse really. Although iv completly gone off food. I honestly dont think i'd care if i never ate again atm! I just cant be fluffed! LOL Im sure this will go, its very unlike me. I love my food..yum yum yum LOL

God. I cant believe im here. Its such early days though. Im really hoping this bubba sticks with me! xxx

Hello All

I'm coming to join you in here to hopefully stop myself getting back to Pre-SW weight and hopefully reduce the risk of putting on a substancial amount while pregnant.

I'm only 5+2 right now and already ive put on 3lb according to my scales (I couldnt get to class last week due to work so have to reley on my own) and this is because i've been eating what I want. It doesn't help I have a shocking cold so CBA to do much in the way of cooking but I also don't want to use pregnancy as an EXCUSE to eat crap, which is what I'm doing right now.

It has to stop. I need to get back on plan, christmas or not, Pregnancy or Not. The only good thing is, my 3 main weaknesses that make me put on weight (especially at christmas) Brie, Pate & Booze....can't have any of them, so thats got to help right!! :D

Congratulations on all the other pregnancies and well done on the maintaing a steady weight loss/maintain/gain

Back