Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thanks girls!

Im not doing too bad food wise, but i am only a smidgen preggo. i dont feel pregnant yet, i dont fell sick atm. I dont have an excuse really. Although iv completly gone off food. I honestly dont think i'd care if i never ate again atm! I just cant be fluffed! LOL Im sure this will go, its very unlike me. I love my food..yum yum yum LOL

God. I cant believe im here. Its such early days though. Im really hoping this bubba sticks with me! xxx

Congratulations!

Been trying to eat healthily but between feeling sick at night and not having much of an appetite at times dunno how I've done. Not sticking to SW, trying but not managing.

Weight remains at 14st 7 as it was just before I got pregnant, but none of my clothes fit, got a really thick waist now.

Glad to see veryone is still doing well :D

Hi all, I am about 6 weeks now and really struggling with sticking to plan. I feel sick pretty much 24/7 and I am so tired. It doesn't help that hula hoops really help the nausea. I'm still trying to have sw meals and am probably about 95% successful, it's just the snacking in between that's the problem - eating generally eases the nausea (for a few minutes anyway) and my appetite has grown, which considering that I am a huge pig anyway is not great.

Last time I gained 4st during pregnancy (and that was after O was born) and I have lost it all now and really don't want to regain it, I'm going to try and stick to plan where I can for the moment and hope that the nausea passes soon so I can get back on track

Aaaargh Saint Fern is preggers!!!! Congratulations hon :) xxx

I came on to see how everyone's doing and to start getting my head back into the SW zone. Time to start shedding the baby weight....well maybe after one more mince pie...

haha, you enjoy those mince pies. be realistic and jump back on the new year wagon when it comes around hey? Im sure it'l be fully loaded with the rest us of naughty ladies..but we'l fit you on.

Yes, im up the duffer too!! although im SO early. Im quite scared!

Lost 2lbs this week! It's funny because my belly feels HUUUUUGE!! My face, arms etc feel and look slimmer though, I was probably retaining a lot of water from the junk I was eating. I feel great! Hope everyone's feeling good!

Just a thought, what's everyone using to prevent/treat stretch marks? I've been using a lovely glycerine rich body lotion (Gold Bond shea softening lotion Soft Skin - the home of Aveeno in the UK) and then slathering extra virgin olive oil all over my belly, boobies and bottom and not only do I not have a single stretch mark, the skin on my belly quite literally looks like a baby's bum!!! It's the softest and most luminous it's ever been! I highly recommend!!! :D

I think stretch marks are a tough call...if you're destined to get them, you will. Genetics and lots of water and fruit and veg are more responsible I think.
However, slathering up with creams and lotions can't hurt...it is theraputic, makes your skin feel soft and smell lovely...wht's not to love about that?

I used all sorts - Bio Oil, Palmers cocoa butter, BooBoo belly cream, Sanctuary mum-to-be cream...morning and evening. I was very lucky not to get and stretch marks. Plenty of other pregnancy things though! Pigmentation spots, broken veins, zits, hair...such joys lol!

Ooo thanks for the tip honey! i figure i ought to start now, before i start 'growing' at all.. then atleast il be smooth like a baby's arse before i get all stretched!!

xxx do you not feel all greasy after applying olive oil!!! LOL

Ooo thanks for the tip honey! i figure i ought to start now, before i start 'growing' at all.. then atleast il be smooth like a baby's arse before i get all stretched!!

xxx do you not feel all greasy after applying olive oil!!! LOL

No, not at all. I only use about a teaspoon and it sinks right into my skin leaving it extra soft and glowing but not greasy. It's when you use too much that you look like you're marinating. I love it so much that olive oil is now going to be a permanent fixture on my vanity! I'm thinking of using it on my baby too, after I've done some research first of course :D

Haha. I do believe olive oil is good for cradle cap also.

Do you recon you could 'absorb' syns!? :O haha or am i being slightly too anal here??

I really dont wan anymore stretch marks, mine have only just gone silver from being fat in the first place!

Im so worried about my lovley tattoo, i have a butterly design on my stomach/hip.. it was my target tattoo.. now it'l be ruined and stretched forever.. *sob*

LOL!! Yes I htink you are being too anal LOL!! I don't think topical applications absorb that far into your skin. You remind me of myself when I was on some crazy diet and wouldn't wear lipgloss or lipstick because I was worried about the "calorie content"! Crazy, right?! Oh and about your tatoo, you don't need to worry, it will stretch but when you have the baby it'll bounce back. You're young so your skin has a lot of elasticity left in it lol. You could consider getting a belly bandit that you wear straight after birth to help pull things back in place. I've just ordered one! Also breast feeding is supposed to do wonderful things to your abs! There's always a way! My inspiration is my sister in law who's had 4 kids including a set of twins and she still rocks a bikini like you wouldn't believe!

WOW! .. we'v got a holiday to cyprus booked for may.. il be 26weeks then. I was so determined to wear a bikini for the first time ever, after all my hard work. Now im gunna be frickin preggo! LOL x

WOW! .. we'v got a holiday to cyprus booked for may.. il be 26weeks then. I was so determined to wear a bikini for the first time ever, after all my hard work. Now im gunna be frickin preggo! LOL x

When you're pregnant is the BEST time to wear a bikini!

I tried every lotion under the sun when pregnant with my son, including bio oil to prevent stretch marks but nothing worked, I still ended up with a stomach like a tube map lol. I do think if you are destined to get them you will no matter what.

I am sadly one of those unfortunate ones.

Hi everyone:wavey:

Not pregnant as yet but just came off the pill(2 wks ago) ready for trying. I put 2.5 lb on this wk and i've been 100% i'm just wondering if by coming off the pill this might effect my weight loss a little bit i.e water retention? My C has marked it down as star wk(even though not on a period) and is going to monitor it to see if there is a pattern. I never had a problem with weight gain when on period before being on the pill.

Any advice and tips would be great and hopefully i will be a 'proper' member soon lol;)

Looking forward to you being here soon with us honey, i hope it happens as quickly for you as it did me!!! *babydust to you*

my only tips, start taking pregnacare convcieve ASAP. I did so the minute i was off my pill. work out your fertile dates using an online calc, its pretty acurate, but i suggest you 'do it' (oh god haha) a few days before and after the OV day it gives you.
Oh, and the minute your done, wack a pill under your ass, and if your not feeling too silly.. i stuck my arms behind me back to keep my legs upright too! get that gravity working!!! wooo lol xxx

Pmsl Fernxx!! What a sight i'll look but hey willing to try anything lol.
Thanks for the advice on the pregnacare concieve will look out for them! Going to see the doc in the new year so hoping will get lots of advice there (or maybe not).In the mean time lets see what happens!!

xx

LOL! Fernie! I have no real advice either as DH and just "did it" lots around my ovulation. I always know exactly when I'm ovulating and it happened immediately. I suspect it was on my birthday that I conceived! So yeah, the only advice I have is to have lots of sex!

LOL! Fernie! I have no real advice either as DH and just "did it" lots around my ovulation. I always know exactly when I'm ovulating and it happened immediately. I suspect it was on my birthday that I conceived! So yeah, the only advice I have is to have lots of sex!

Hehe absolutely! OH very happy boy and me too ;)

Re my weight gain just gonna put it down to hormones as been nearly a mth off pill now but not worrying about it.......tis xmas now anyway so diet out the window!

:xmassign:

haha honey!

jojo- docs wont advise anything, or didnt for me anyways other than 'healthy diet and chill out'

honestly, legs in the air is the best i think!

Back