Pregnancy and Slimming World

Theres so much what you can and can't (well shoudlnt eat) when pregnant, its easire to direct you to this link.

Food Standards Agency - Eat well, be well - When you're pregnant

Congratulations!

Re nausea, I usually eat what I fancy. Nothing too greasy or spicy, usually light and dry, so a piece of toast with some jam, or some dry biscuits to go wth my drink.

I've been eating a lot of fruit too.

I think the trick is too eat little and often, you are more likely to get really nauseated on an empty stomach than one that has something in it.

HTH

Thank u so much.. Just hoping I can carry on using herbs to flavour my meals.. Or i'm In Danger of tripling in size if I abandon sw.
My hubby has just researched sw and pregnancy and it said u need permission from midwife to carry on?? X

Hi Guys,

Can i jump onboard too? am 29 weeks pregnant and starting SW again now, (better late than never!). i'm not expecting to lose weight but hoping to get back in habit of healthy eating now before baby comes :D

Thank u so much.. Just hoping I can carry on using herbs to flavour my meals.. Or i'm In Danger of tripling in size if I abandon sw.
My hubby has just researched sw and pregnancy and it said u need permission from midwife to carry on?? X

Only after a certain point. Contact your leader and see what she says about permission and the times, bearing in mind most women wont see thier midwife until about 12 weeks anyway.

Congrats on those who have given birth and to those who have just joined!

I can't believe I have to give birth again this year. Meh!

I'm really hoping to get back on track in some way soon, I know my bad eating isn't helping me stay healthy at the moment. Just had a really bad cold/flu all of the holidays and I couldn't eat my xmas dinner! Rubbish! Going to start menu planning some lovely SW meals this week :)

I can't believe I have to give birth again this year. Meh!

I'm really hoping to get back on track in some way soon, I know my bad eating isn't helping me stay healthy at the moment. Just had a really bad cold/flu all of the holidays and I couldn't eat my xmas dinner! Rubbish! Going to start menu planning some lovely SW meals this week :)

Tell me about it! i'm due 16 march and am starting to remember the pain!!!!! :cry:We had our first SW meal since falling off the wagon last year and it was lovely! am excited to be back on it now

Hi girls I'm jumping back on the SW wagon at 35 wks!! Better late than never.
Was doing ok, although not really sticking to it up till christmas then went a bit mad. I've put on just over 2 stone which I don't think is too bad? Well considering how much chocolate I've eaten over the past couple of weeks anyway!
Hoping to be able to get back into it before baby's born so I don't have to think about it too much.
Congratulations to all you expectant and new mummies out there. xx

Hi guys
Had my first period after coming off the pill so at least now i know when my fertile time is woohoo. Weighed in yesterday and was +5.5 lb blahhhhh! Hope its water retention!

Hi girls I'm jumping back on the SW wagon at 35 wks!! Better late than never.
Was doing ok, although not really sticking to it up till christmas then went a bit mad. I've put on just over 2 stone which I don't think is too bad? Well considering how much chocolate I've eaten over the past couple of weeks anyway!
Hoping to be able to get back into it before baby's born so I don't have to think about it too much.
Congratulations to all you expectant and new mummies out there. xx

Thats not bad at all!!! i'm 30 weeks and have already put on over a stone. I'm doing it for same reasons as you, figured if i get my head back into it, it'll be second nature once baby is here. :)

i have just found out this moment i am pregnant i still cant believe it im crying laughing im feeling the test is showing me what i wanna c if u know what i mean its not quite sinking in :cry::D:eek:

shorty1981 said:
i have just found out this moment i am pregnant i still cant believe it im crying laughing im feeling the test is showing me what i wanna c if u know what i mean its not quite sinking in :cry::D:eek:

Aw major congrats.. That was me on Thursday xx

i know i just cant believe it im on my own bf at work i just cant stop smiling im 30 in march and i thought this would b my year congrats to u to
i dont know what to do now?:confused:

i know i just cant believe it im on my own bf at work i just cant stop smiling im 30 in march and i thought this would b my year congrats to u to
i dont know what to do now?:confused:

Make a doctors appointment to get on the list to see a midwife! The doctor won't do much, just check your dates and talk to you about which foods to avoid. Oh start taking folic acid now!

The doctors appointment will just get the ball rolling so to speak, you should see a midwife any time from 8 weeks onwards to fill in paperwork and to sort out scan dates :)

squee! welcome and major congrats!

i also got that ' omg! .. ok, what now? lol' its like you instantly expect it all to change! lol

Got my midwife app booked, gotta wait till thurs 27th as its the first app they got. what the hell :(

FernXx said:
squee! welcome and major congrats!

i also got that ' omg! .. ok, what now? lol' its like you instantly expect it all to change! lol

Got my midwife app booked, gotta wait till thurs 27th as its the first app they got. what the hell :(

I went to see my doctor today and she thinks I'm 8&1/2 weeks, not 4&1/2 as my last period was only 1&1/2 days so she thinks that mightve been implantation bleeding. She also did a test and suggested pregnacare tablets.. Congrats again x

i take pregnecare they;r supposed to be the best. .. also make sure you take them on a full tummy else they'l make you poorly.

Fingers crossed your futher along that you thought, that'd be fab xx

congratulations shorty & nelly
i'm hoping this is me sometime this year - just started trying
xx

Congrats Shorty and Nelly!

I had that "Oh Yay. Oh no!" feeling. I mean I was thrilled but scared at the same time.

I woke up from a nightmare the other night that Social Work stole my baby because I didnt know enough lullabys. And then I started panicking I dont know when to start toothbrushing.

I love the fact that I'm pregnant, and that in a few months we'll have a beautiful baby, and then sometimes I think "OMG What have I done? We're not ready!" but then I dont think anyones ever ready!

Congrats again.

Make a doctors appointment, start your folic acid, look at getting your flu jab and enjoy being pregnant!

Oh - meant to say. I ventured out today before I got crabbit and knackered and came home and discovered....

Poundland have Disney Muslin squares for, yes, £1. Poo and Tigger designs, along with bath thermometers and small 125ml bottles. Lots of Johnsons baby stuff too.

Worth getting the muslin squares in for that price as can be quite pricey elsewhere.

Also Babies R us, (in Toys R Us) have the Johnsons purple baby box for £14.99 instead of £25.99 you see it in Asda, might be worth having a look to see if the deals going in your area.

Back