Pregnancy and Slimming World

Lexie_dog said:
Butting in, in case Fern doesnt get back to you

We've got tickers at the bottom of our posts

Fern is 8w+1d
I'm 12w+1d

How far on are you Nelly?

I know this sounds mad but I'm between 5&8 weeks according to doctor.. Definitely 5 but could be 8 if implantation was thought to be an actual period if that makes sense? Not seen midwife yet.. Am doing on Friday.. Only known myself for 8 days! Still sinking in!

I'm sick :( I can't keep anything down :( when will it stop!?! I can't do this :(

get some vitamin b6, it is great for helping with sickness and completely safe.

Just take 50mg a day.

If it doesnt improve though and you are not keeping anything down then see your doctor who can prescribe some anti sickness medication.

Try Seabands, usually for travel sickness. A colleague swears by them and is afraid to take them off!

Good to know Ali

And congratulations on your baby!

nooo nelly! you cant.. stay away from anything like that.
The only thing you can take over the counter is paracetemol. . anything else has to be prescribed because your bodys so very sensitive right now!

iv managed a whole day without being sick.. im going to even risk..
dum dum dum..
a proper tea tonight!!! ooo pasta. im so excited i could pee a little.. (not that it takes much these days!)

got a bit nautious earlier and paniced.. but ate an orange and it's picked me back up. OH is getting me some dry crackers and i dont want to get caught out at work monday!
x

i suffered earlier on in pregnancy, didn't use anything myself but just did google search and looks like most people are advised to use "Lactulose" not sure what that is though, maybe give your midwife a quick ring?

Hopefully someone else will know answer x

Hi all
Sorry for posting here but does amine know if pregnant women can take "senokot" for constipation?? I'm in agony!!

Drink a cup of hot water, it works wonders.

Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day as it helps to loosen stools. Caffiene and fizzy drinks will make it worse.

BritMumInCanada said:
Drink a cup of hot water, it works wonders.

Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day as it helps to loosen stools. Caffiene and fizzy drinks will make it worse.

Thank u Britmum :d

Fern, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today, will keep my fingers crossed for you. :vibes:

Sending you felling good vibes.

those good vibes mustnt have got to me in time.

4:30 am it started this morning.

how the hell will i get through work tomo. will have to resort to antisickness tabs i was prescribed.

now, the Q is. . do i take one before bed (not sure how long they last for) .. or one after i get up, will proberly already puke when i get up.. but it may warn it off for when i get to work???

x

Some nausea tablets last for a while, it depends how you react to the tablet. I've seen patients running two types of nauseas tablets spaced apart.

Why not see how you go? Take one before bed and see how you feel in the morning, check the dosage instructions, how often a day are you allowed to take them?

Remember that it should only be for a short while, so try to hang in there, will be worth it in the end :)

Hi Had horrendous morning sickness for a good few weeks and I kept crackers in bed next to me to snack on as soon as the first wave came. I also used the sickness bands, they were great first time around.

I'm 25 weeks now with number 2, and it's returned!! How rude!!

All worth it though

I had to sleep in the spare bed last night as I was a) really hot b) cramping
c) nauseus (forgive the spelling) and
d) suffering from constipation!!

Slept ok after a while but now got a full day at work with secondary school kids when I'd love to stay in bed!!

Have discovered a lovely new pregnancy symptom.

Night sweats. Waking up soaked in sweat, then I'm freezing because I'm wet. So have to go dry off, change PJ's, coorie into hubby for a cuddle who at this point is complaining I'm clammy.

Totally fine during the day and at night I don't even feel warm, just wake up wringing. Husband says I feel warm to the touch and loves it, thinks its like a big hot water bottle until I start to get sticky.

hi guys. the anti sickness tabs have worked so far! no sickness yet! whayyyy!

been eating all day, well crackers! - tonight im braving faijitas! ooooh the joy!

will be taking those anti sickness all i can :D x

Hi all
Well i went to the docs basically to tell him trying to conceive and was a bit disappointed really, dunno what i was expecting , maybe a bit of a health check perhaps? Just told me to work out when most fertile and i may be at risk regarding downs syndrome since i'm 36 and that was about it!!!! Thank god for you lovely ladies as i've learnt loads just reading the posts! looking forward to watching 1 born every minute later on.......though it might put me off!!!
:thankyou:
xxx

Back