Pregnancy and Slimming World

Exactly the same as you!! first proper month of trying! you do hear about it happening first time and i am still young (24) so hopefully! i know what you mean though about expecting to much first time round! We will have to keep each other updated! my diet has gone to pot again this week and next week Im on holiday Mon to Fri so just can't get into it at the moment!

Oooo :) snapsies then! Although i'm older than you (i'm 32) hopefully still young enough!! I'm trying to keep to the sw plan as much as possible until/if i do become pg as i know it will be difficult from then on.

Have a great holiday next week & crossed fingers you'll have some lovely news by the end of your hols- maybe relaxing will help :D

I tested at 13 days post OV. However- must OV really early because they are saying baby is measuring only 1 day different from LMP (so saying i fell preg 2 days into my actual period, which of course didnt happen) so must have ov'd almost straight after my period finished... blah, all i can suggest is having sexytime as often as you can, every other day.. legs in the air and dont test till period is due. i tested day before - couldnt resist as i was certain, but for dissapointments sake hold out as long as you can!

EEEK! my 20 week scan is monday!!! im SO excited. Cant wait to see my beautiful bubs! hes supposed to be like 21 cm now!!!

.. hes kicking me every single day now too.. 4am... 8 am.... lunchtime.. occasionally in the afternoon if i have afull bladder (i dont think he likes that!! LOL) and about 9pm at night. i just love love love it.

i cant believe how happy i am, i never thought id enjoy pregnancy 4 weeks ago.. now im desperate to meet him but could happily stay pregnant forever.. minus weight gain lol!

heres a bare skin and dressed bump pic for you. Officially half way!!!! cant believe it. i was only 4 weeks when i found out and felt like getting to 20 weeks was a million miles away.

20 wks.jpg

camera 052.jpg

enjoy x

Fern - Glad to see you're enjoying pregnancy now. Worth the hump over the past few weeks.

Old wives tale wise - going by the shape of your bump I'm guessing girl but that's why its an old wifes tale and not scientific.

Are you finding out what you're having?

I have discovered since pregnant my baking ability has just gone. I've just mad a chocolate Guiness cake and a banana bread with cinnamon buttercream and they look okay just not great :(

Tonights dinner went to pot, had my planned sirloin, but with chippy chips and 2 rolo puddings :( doh! Back on track tomorrow eating healthier. I'm not doing it for the weight, I'm just very aware what I'm eating is shaping weight of baby and influencing what baby can "taste" in the womb.

Going to weigh myself tomorrow - finally got batteries for the scales and we'll see what the 24 week weigh in is from a start weight of 14st 7 pre pregnancy.

Last edited:
Weighed myself this morning, 15st 4lbs and thats at 24 weeks. A gain of 11lbs. All in thats okay isn't it? Actually this wee calculator tells me I need to put a pound or two on lol. Back to the Rolos then! (I jest)

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator at Baby Corner

Exactly bunny! My mum ate pounds and pound of potatoes and carrots. Things I loved when I was small. So I'm really trying to keep "the heid" on the sugary and sweet stuff and takeaways.

My baby is going love veggie soup, kiki wi fruit, orange juice and french fries lol. Glad weight is going ok, making me salivate thinking about rolo deserts :)

11lbs is fab weight gain lexie, well done to you! im gutted id gained exactly 1 stone up untill 2 weeks ago, then i wacked on 5.5lbs and another 3 last week. :eek:( sob. So im desperatly trying this week. Like you lexie i really want baby to be healthy, aswell as stabalise the weight gain.

i didnt realise what we eat can encorouge babies early eating habits! lol

bunny, 20 weeks will come. I felt like feeling the baby move would NEVER happen!

lexie you are one of the very few to suggest we may be expecting a little princess! ... we wont be finding out what we are having, its going to be a suprise!!! Though im almost certain its a ickle boy!

xx

Don't be gutted - I can say that from the lofty position of having no noticeable morning sickness, so never had to eat things to settle my stomach, I just carried on as before. You have to work with what you have.

Diet influencing baby - theres been loads of studies about if this theory pans out. Most seem to support that baby can taste what you are eating in the amniotic fluid.

Prenatal learning: Do baby food preferences begin in the womb?

AND

Baby Food Choices: Influencing Your Baby's Food Choices

Are just two articles I plucked at random from the internet, but it makes for interesting reading.

Also during pregnancy it's been shown that you are hungrier when having a boy as they take more energy and resources to produce both gestationally and long term (i.e. males eat more than females).

It's amazing the things I've found out when pregnant.

Hi girls, I won't even start to mention what I've been eating (eek!) but my energy levels are definitely on the up, shown by a long long walk all around Cardiff bay and the wetlands today.
Well I braved the scales this morning - I'm 6.5lbs up at 14 weeks.
I'm ok with that as I'll definitely be eating better from now on so hopefully the gains will slow down then.
Hope you're all doing ok x

Hello :)

I just wanted some opinions really, hope it's ok to post in here.

As sw says...'when you lose 10% of your body weight it boosts your fertility'...i was just wondering if anyone knew if this is still true if you are still considerably overweight?

I've heard of people saying that any weight loss boosts their fertility...did you girls fall pregnant after you lost weight with sw? Did you get to your 10%

Thankies in advance :)

Hi Ladies, I haven't popped in for a while, how are you all?

I've got 9wks + 4days till bubba arrives, sometimes it feels far away other days I think OMG not long now.

I've been on/off SW in the sense that I've had SW meals but far more syns which has been down to chocolate. My scales are showing that I've gained 7.5lb so I dont want to ruin all my hard work for the past 16 weeks, so back on SW properly from today.

Here is my bump, I've bought does my bump look big top to wear on my last day at work (20th April) lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110403_090826.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110403_090826.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 105
I lost 2stone orginally from 13:13 to 11:9 (including the 10% thingie, got pregant and eat s**t but a stone and a bit back on back on whilst losing baby and was then 12:13. Then lost a few pounds 12:8 but then fell pregnant again.
But I am sure losing weight helps but my friend was 17stone and got pregnant with a sucessful baby now :)

Hello :)

I just wanted some opinions really, hope it's ok to post in here.

As sw says...'when you lose 10% of your body weight it boosts your fertility'...i was just wondering if anyone knew if this is still true if you are still considerably overweight?

I've heard of people saying that any weight loss boosts their fertility...did you girls fall pregnant after you lost weight with sw? Did you get to your 10%

Thankies in advance :)

AND

Also during pregnancy it's been shown that you are hungrier when having a boy as they take more energy and resources to produce both gestationally and long term (i.e. males eat more than females).

It's amazing the things I've found out when pregnant.

If you fluxoriate between not eating often because of sickness and then eating a hugh amount would you get a hermaphrodite :p

Back