Pregnancy and Slimming World

I think if people see a bump on slimmer people (like beautiful ferny!) They will think that's they are pregnant...but because i'm a chub, i'm thinking maybe it will just look like i have a belly hehe...although the older i get the more i couldn't give a toss what people think of me :D

Grumble you must learn to love the bump! I thought the same as started showing from about 10 weeks and kept wondering whether I looked pregnant or just fat! But last week 2 women offered me their seats on the train so I guess I do look pregnant now!!

Bunny - I had a fab few hours tuesday sat in the sun reading but suffered all evening then with a terrible headache so I haven't really ventured back out, shame really as I've been off work.

Well the dizziness seems to have eased off now I'm pleased to say so I'm actually going to wander into town in a bit, get some fresh air

I'm sure i will Sarah- i'm still getting my head round the fact i'm growing a little person! At the moment all i'm feeling is 'why won't these horrible symptoms go away!' I spoke to my sil the other day & she said she felt the same- she said once she had her first scan it sunk in & she fell in love with her son :D I can't wait for that!

It is amazing seeing that first scan. Although saying that I don't think it's totally sunk in for me yet, and I don't think it will until I start feeling the baby move which I am getting so impatient for now!!

I am so annoyed got ot go all the way to hospitsal to get an injection because of my blood group. This is going happen every time I see blood they will have to give it me :/ But at least fingers crossed baby be ok :D

thanks guys!

grumble, i didnt really enjoy being pregnant untill around 16-17 weeks.. but i love my bump now!!

.. iv worked out that as of today, iv spent 132quid on bras in the past 3 months. pissedoff.com doesnt even cover it!

.. been to the hospital. she says i have hip and somthing beginning with s pain (not spd, she wa referring to some bones!) .. i have a massive support band (it looks like nhs support undies!) which baby really doesnt like.. i was getting lots of kicks and needing a wee every 20 minutes because i was wearing it! she says that walking isnt gunna help and that the sooner i leave work (due to getting on and off the floor) the better, explained that im already leaving at 33, cant leave any sooner than that but i appreciate why its not helping.. but she says if it gets any worse i may need crutches towards the end. iv also got a very bright coloured stretchy thing that i have to tie around my legs and hold onto and do little squats?! oh and she also totally ranted at me about pelvic floor exercises.. she also pointed out that i have **** arse muscles, as i couldnt tense very well.. so i have to work on that too.

I've been practising squats in preparation for the birth. Not great on the old pelvic floor exercises though.

I must say I've never had my arse muscles checked out. I feel left out.

Crutches and the band sounds a bit like SPD as that's the only thing I can think of that's "bone" related, sometimes called Pelvic Gridle Pain or Symphysis Pubic Disfunction? Has she not written anything in your notes?

After seeing dr at hospital he said my womb is growing at the right size to my dates and heart the baby's heartbeat which he commented on as being strong, so pleased :D

Hi folks - congrats to you all! I have a 15 week old and am following the plan. DO you know if there is a thread for those breastfeeding and doing the plan? Sorry to hijack this one!

no there isnt yet hon! but id stick around here as i suspect there are only a few peeps BF and following atm, .. gotta wait for us to pop! lol
xox

Hi folks - congrats to you all! I have a 15 week old and am following the plan. DO you know if there is a thread for those breastfeeding and doing the plan? Sorry to hijack this one!

This one was posted a couple of days back so It's still fairly current. Give it a wee bump up by replying and see if any other ladies on it get in touch.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/206662-anyone-else-doing-sw-breastfeeding.html

In other news, I'm STARVING this morning. we ordered takeaway last night and my usual curry was too nippy! Only ate a wee drop of chicken and some rice, then the world fell out my a***. Had an apple before bedtime.

Sitting eating 2 scrambled eggs on HEB hovis, with addition of 2 potato scones. Still hungry!

Made up baby list last night for shopping about at 36 weeks. For those of you who are interested Mothercare online have a white crib reduced to £40 from £60 and bedding Jungle Friends reduced to £15 from £30. I know it's not much and a crib will only last til baby starts turning on side about 4.5 months but its saving £35 if you are interested.

I'd love to be organised and have a nursery, but weonly have a one bed flat and it's up for sale, so can't get all baby stuff in yet :(

Last edited:
Thought is put up a new baby bump pic.

Hope you're all having a nice good Friday x

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110422_104938.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110422_104938.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 119
You're so neat! Here's mines taken this morning, 27 weeks, 4 weeks since last ones on here.

221693_10150281171614745_532654744_9339936_1841960_n.jpg

218085_10150281171759745_532654744_9339940_5409469_n.jpg

can I ask a question please? This is our 2nd month of TTC. I am about 3 weeks in my cycle & i got woken up by a sharp pain in my boob the other night. Like it had been trapped in a vice.I had it again later that day & they really hurt when I was zumba last night. Do you think it could be a sign or do you think I should go to the docs to make sure it's nothing more sinister?

Is probably quite a good sign! My boobs were sore right from the word go. Though they were always a bit tender when I was about to get my period too...

In terms of anything more sinister, if you do get your period, wait until just after it's finished as this is when there is the least changes happening in your breast tissue. Self examine yourself then and if they a re still sore or you have any lumps and bumps see your GP.

Fingers crossed, maybe old aunt flow won't arrive at all! x

Is probably quite a good sign! My boobs were sore right from the word go. Though they were always a bit tender when I was about to get my period too...

In terms of anything more sinister, if you do get your period, wait until just after it's finished as this is when there is the least changes happening in your breast tissue. Self examine yourself then and if they a re still sore or you have any lumps and bumps see your GP.

Fingers crossed, maybe old aunt flow won't arrive at all! x

thanks roxie will just have to wait & see. I am just paroind as my friend has breast cancer at the moment

Back