Pregnancy and Slimming World

squiggy follow it up doll. xx you need to know where your periods are at to have a good idea of what your oving ..

Honey, 6! WHAT LOL thats bloody incredible. how do you actually fit them in??

heres up to date pic of nursery as it is atm. xxxx

View attachment 13144

It's hard to believe but I am finding it hard to fit it all in! Because I'm on EE, I'll only be using the HEs on things like bread, cereal, dairy etc. My consultant suggested I use 3 HEs for dairy and 3 for others. So that's potentially over a litre of skimmed milk or 75g cheese! Yikes!! I think the best thing to do is to double up on HE's at mealtimes (e.g. 2oz porridge instead of 1oz) or maybe using them for snacks?

I'm having major sugar withdrawals though, headache central here... Sigh...

Your nursery is sooo beautiful! We're still using our makeshift corner in our bedroom because my parents are still here. They leave in a couple of weeks so I can decorate my little one's room! I'll probably need the distraction cuz I'll be so sad to have my mum gone. Sniff....

You look amazing Fernie, well done!

Hey Honeyoc! I'm breastfeeding and I'm on green as I'm a vegetarian, so I get 8 HEs a day! I can't eat them all, no way! My dd had colic so I cut out dairy for a while, so it was especially hard to use them on As. I have taken to eating several cereal bars/hifi bars a day! Saves me from reaching for the chocolate! Kellogs fibre pnus bars are nice...

aww honey. i bet your so excited with decorating! youl have to get thinking of themes. I bet its been so lovely having your mumma around! dont be too sad when she goes, you sound like your so confident in your own parenting. ((hugs)) .. the heat proberly isnt helping your headaches! keep your fluids up... im so jelous of your extra HE's! .. youl have to double up at mealtimes like you say. extra cheesy pasta ;) two sachets of porrige etc.

your bumps are all SO cute! lexi you are proper all bump!

hope you ladies are well xxx
7 more weeks of work for me!! ahh

Hey Honeyoc! I'm breastfeeding and I'm on green as I'm a vegetarian, so I get 8 HEs a day! I can't eat them all, no way! My dd had colic so I cut out dairy for a while, so it was especially hard to use them on As. I have taken to eating several cereal bars/hifi bars a day! Saves me from reaching for the chocolate! Kellogs fibre pnus bars are nice...

Hi Roxie!! Can you believe all the HEs?! How have you found your weight loss? A part of me can't believe that I can actually lose eating so much!

My weight loss has been a bit up and down, I have lost 13.5lbs in 13 weeks. It is a bit tricky to stick to the plan when you have a newborn to look after, but I'm getting into the swing of it now! I feel a bit disheartened sometimes as I feel I have so much to lose since gaining so much in pregnancy. If I had lost 13.5lbs before the baby I would have been really chuffed as it would have been a really serious loss, but nowadays it hardly makes a dent!!!!

Hi everyone
Hope everyone is ok

Lexi your bump is fab i want mine now! lol

Fernxx can't beleive how mush you've spent on bra's......i'm still using underwired for support can't imagine non wired do the same thing, have looked on line and most look quite plain and old fashioned, most also tend to be nursing bras as well. Did check out Asda but they had none though had post surgery bras........clearly more women having boob jobs than getting pg! grrrrr lol

Had my first sick day from work, decided to try some fibre gel to ease the constipation OMG i've had the worst wind ever so no chance i was going to work in that state! Discovered through NHSDirect that i can take rennies deflatine so am now carrying round an emergency pack!

xx

Fernxx can't beleive how mush you've spent on bra's......i'm still using underwired for support can't imagine non wired do the same thing, have looked on line and most look quite plain and old fashioned, most also tend to be nursing bras as well. Did check out Asda but they had none though had post surgery bras........clearly more women having boob jobs than getting pg! grrrrr lol

xx

dont even get me started. if its not one problem its somthing else.. you dont get the same 'lift' from non wired, and they dont tend to me padded at all, (not that i need any extra) so the first lot gave me big squigy boobs that seemed to spread outwards because there was no lift, the second lot i bought gave me lift, but i had pointy boobs! then i outgrew that, the 3rd lot was even worse, with boobs up so many sizes i had no lift, no shape, they were literally the same off with bra on as they were off. back was hurting cos no support, oh and you can't wear strappy tops with any of them....

but i did notice by the end of the day yday, my new wires were rubbing against the bumpage. :eek:( i cant win.

honestly, im so fed up with such big boobies.. i actually cant see my bump past my boobs when i lay on my side!

Hi Cheeky
I don't think there is anything your allowed to take, best to have a chat with your doctor or NHS 24. I know last time I was pregnant I wasn't able to take anything. So far I've not been too bad hayfever wise yet - but am expecting it to hit anytime soon.
Hope you're feeling better today.

dont even get me started. if its not one problem its somthing else.. you dont get the same 'lift' from non wired, and they dont tend to me padded at all, (not that i need any extra) so the first lot gave me big squigy boobs that seemed to spread outwards because there was no lift, the second lot i bought gave me lift, but i had pointy boobs! then i outgrew that, the 3rd lot was even worse, with boobs up so many sizes i had no lift, no shape, they were literally the same off with bra on as they were off. back was hurting cos no support, oh and you can't wear strappy tops with any of them....

but i did notice by the end of the day yday, my new wires were rubbing against the bumpage. :eek:( i cant win.

honestly, im so fed up with such big boobies.. i actually cant see my bump past my boobs when i lay on my side!

Omg lol can see i'm going to have a nightmare.....sack it gonna do a Charlie dimmock n hang loose!!!! 2nd thoughts no better not being 40 E! Might see what sizes the sports bras go to in asda as the one i've got is very comfy n think i'm gonna have to wear it to bed since they are getting sore now! OH not happy lol
x

Brawise the best bra I have had that's non wired, and is all I will wear is a Doreen Triumph. I'm up to a 36H at the moment, lady in bra shop said I should really have a 34 in the back but gave me a 36 for back expansion and swelling. Told me to come back before due date and get re-measured.

They are "old lady" bras but support wise its like having a wire on, slightly conical boobs but none of that one boob thing I tend to get with normal non-wires.

I would suggest a trip to a Debenhams as I know they stock them, and try them on. If support is more important than shape (which to me it is) try Berlei sports bra. It's a BEAST but does give smashing support.

I wear my sports bras in the house, or going to shops. Anything where anyone will see my I either wear my Doreen Triumphs or my one underwired bra for tops that have a slightly lower cut.

I also had a scout on Ebay, as I have no compunction about wearing second hand if the bras are in good condition and I've saved a fortune.

Bedwise I wear a wee crop top to just stop my boobs rolling about the place as much, husband would keep lying on them when he rolled over which was a bit sore!

Also the top I'm wearing in that picture is a £2.50 tee shirt from Primark and its so comfy and stretchy. It's only a 16 but still has lots of give in it, so I went back and bought some in an 18 to see my through the summer. Highly recommend ladies!

lexi im still a 34 round my band too, but bought a 36 as you say for expansion.

im now wearing a 36G. . i wasnt even small boobed when i lost the weight, i was still a 32E but given the small band they looked a lot smaller and in proportion. i know summer proberly wont be fun with these bad boys.

Ooooo i just checked the home phone messages (which i never do!) and i think i have my first midwife appointment - 4th May :D I have to go the main doctors surgery (Not my normal one which is a small surgery)
She didn't actually say she was a midwife but it sounded like that's what it was for hehe- she said it's a check in appointment so it will take an hour.

Could anyone let me know what happens at your first appointment so i know what to expect? I'll be 7+3 by then, is that the normal time to see the midwife?
Sorry about the questions- i'm all new to this :D

Also is anyone taking Anti depressants? I know Bunny is but just wondered if anyone was/is taking prozac? I was taking it up until 3-4 months ago & stopped...i'm starting to dip back down again in my moods & wondering whether i should catch it on the way down with prozac (obviously ask the doc first) or try & ride out the depression?

grumbletumble said:
Ooooo i just checked the home phone messages (which i never do!) and i think i have my first midwife appointment - 4th May :D I have to go the main doctors surgery (Not my normal one which is a small surgery)
She didn't actually say she was a midwife but it sounded like that's what it was for hehe- she said it's a check in appointment so it will take an hour.

Could anyone let me know what happens at your first appointment so i know what to expect? I'll be 7+3 by then, is that the normal time to see the midwife?
Sorry about the questions- i'm all new to this :D

Also is anyone taking Anti depressants? I know Bunny is but just wondered if anyone was/is taking prozac? I was taking it up until 3-4 months ago & stopped...i'm starting to dip back down again in my moods & wondering whether i should catch it on the way down with prozac (obviously ask the doc first) or try & ride out the depression?

I always found the first appointment the most exciting.

The normal routine is to take all your details down ie name, age, weight, occupation. She will ask for oh details too. She will work out your due date and go through your future appointments.

You may have your 12wk scan date booked in, so you will be given the details.

She may give you the form for your first set of blood tests too.

You also get the chance to ask what ever questions you have and you also receive your bounty pack

Hope that helps x

I always found the first appointment the most exciting.

The normal routine is to take all your details down ie name, age, weight, occupation. She will ask for oh details too. She will work out your due date and go through your future appointments.

You may have your 12wk scan date booked in, so you will be given the details.

She may give you the form for your first set of blood tests too.

You also get the chance to ask what ever questions you have and you also receive your bounty pack

Hope that helps x

Thanks cheeky! I'm, actually really excited :D It actually feels a bit more real now!
Better start thinking of questions to ask! My head is blank at the moment! I'll have to get my notebook out ready to jot things down when i think of them.

Just wondering what the blood tests are for & what a bounty pack is? :eek:

Thanks for that info Cheeky

Grumbletumble my first appointment is the 3rd May i'll be 9+3 then can't wait for it though i wish them luck getting blood off me! lol Even struggle when i try to give blood! My first scan is on the 23rd May i'll be 12+1

I'm not seeing midwife at docs but at a surestart centre and then hospital for scans etc.
I have no idea what to expect but i'm hoping it all becomes a bit more real when i have to see the midwives! Hope you're feeling ok. I feel great apart from a bit of nausea and wind/constipation! x

oh yeah forgot to add since my appointment is at 10:15 and i'm on a 6am to 2pm shift - i get the whole shift off ha ha result!

Thanks cheeky! I'm, actually really excited :D It actually feels a bit more real now!
Better start thinking of questions to ask! My head is blank at the moment! I'll have to get my notebook out ready to jot things down when i think of them.

Just wondering what the blood tests are for & what a bounty pack is? :eek:

Bounty pack is a pack of vouchers, freebie samples and a wee pregnancy book.

Blood tests depends what you agree to. They'll usually test for Rubella, Syphilis, HIV, Iron reserve, haemoglobin, Hepatitis B, blood type, Iron reserve, White cell count and Thalessemia (but I think this is only if you are black). You don't have to agree to all the blood tests.

If you are under 25 they will test for Chlamydia.

Back