Pregnancy and Slimming World

FernXx said:
Ooh i feel very un-prepared!! LOL

I plan to BF, is that somthing you did/are considering for this one??

have you been doing slimmingworld long before you fell pregnant? i feel like i need to spend the next few months before babe arrives devising my action plan. Im slightly tempted *shock horrer* to defect to ww as i feel im going to need that 'new member' frame of mind.. il have to be excited about loosing all over again, because its going to seem like a mamouth task :( but at the same time i LOVE slimmingworld and do miss my group.. equally my SIL keeps rabbiting on about how easy she is finding ww propoints.. which compared to the old plan which i briefly tried does seem do-able. ooh im not sure.

I would stick to sw as my sis in law dose ww and yes she dose loose the weight but it dose not change her eating habits so soon as she not at group she gains and then it's back to group as with sw I think you make better choices even when having bad days x

I would stick to sw as my sis in law dose ww and yes she dose loose the weight but it dose not change her eating habits so soon as she not at group she gains and then it's back to group as with sw I think you make better choices even when having bad days x

This is my main concern with ww.. my SIL kept banging on about the fact she'd had so many chineses etc.. and i just kept thinking.. thats great, but im not sure having 3 in a fortnight is healthy?! Atleast on SW i know i eat varied and well balanced.. and i do know what im doing with it. . . I just worry that my motivation wont be there :( equally i don't want to change group either. . but maybe thats what i need to do. My C has been fab and i feel quite alot of loyalty towards them, plus they'r all lovely and know me well..but i dont have that excitment with it anymore.. and i know thats partly being at target for so long previously.

... on another note, iv gone 4 days with no chocolate, how chuffed am i!!

For my first dd i didnt bf because i couldnt get then hang of it but i really want to bf this baby but if i still cant than no worries i will be prepared for bottle feeding again.
I started sw over a year ago for over 3 months and lost a stone but i didnt like the town where we lived so stopped goin and became a hermit and put on all the weight again plus more. I rejoined sw 5 weeks ago as we have now moved and have so far lost a stone but i found it very hard second time round because when your new to something its so exciting but as i was used to it i found it hard to stick to plan. The only motivator i have now is the losses but i took a break yesterday and today from sw as i was craving a lot of bread and things that i know make me put on the lbs. So after today hopefully will be on plan after today until my losses stall and i start gaining. Defecting to ww might help you as i dont know about other people who have done sw more than once it is slightly harder second time round x

I definately found swimming three times a week helpful for simply not putting on as much as I would if I didn't go. I sts this week which is shocking cosidering I have had a few slip ups along the way, including cravings for pickled onion monster munch, lol!

Also funny enough I have found that reading as helped distract me and stop me thinking about food. Obiviously I eat when my body tells me but not as much as just for the sheer hell of it. Which I was doing often and recently appeared more frequently.

Congrats safia, your about a week ahead of me x

I dont really get the jist of propoints, as they dont really give alot away on the website, but what i gather fruit and veg is now free.. and theyv upped the dailey amount of points you get. Im not 100% sure though tbh, so dont quote me on any of that!

.. congrats to you safia, i was only just led in bed thinking of week 6 myself, my little dot of a baby with his/her little heartbeat just starting. So incredible.. Seems like years ago now too. Cant believe it's June, last decemeber i was saying 'im having a baby next year!' now iv got 10 weeks. . goes so fast, once you hit that 20 week mark or so i found! .. bet you cant wait for your first scan!! xox

I give sw 5 stars ( as you all know I've had four weeks of hell) went to weigh in on Wednesday and was so glad I went back was not looking forward to what the scales were going to say ( after eating lots of not sw foods but my choices were better than before I joined a pig out now is nothing like it used to be , it's 1 cake now not 3 or more ) but to my relief in four weeks I had only gained 1lb and second good new bloods back to normal got the all clear from hospital so now we can get back TTC, wish me luck I'll have happy news soon x x x x

((hugs)) Kimmy I know it sounds crazy but congratulations on gaining 1lb that's amazing considering everything. Congratulations Safia, just off out shopping we are out of veg but can't buy anything else as fridge and cupboards are overflowing thanks to the online shop I did (don't trust tesco when it comes to fruit/veg or meat). Hugs Crystal xx

Hey lovely bumps Bunny and Cheeky, i still have 2 going on!!!!(under boob shelf which is growing and then my belly underneath)!

Fernxx stick to SW , it will have been a while till you restart as a 'new' member and you should have the motivation back! Never thought about the fact i'll be paying to hear i've put on weight lol, but i've decided to stick to group as i love it and its part of my routine! I'm doing rubbish at it atm lol promised at start of wk to be 100% but i'm not factoring in how easily tired i'm getting and CBA to cook when its just me when OH at work, Went to the beach yesterday and had hot dog n chips and a cupcake then at home had a foot long, yep a foot long subway and loved every mouthfull! nom nom.

Congrats Safia x

Thankyou ladies, been shopping and got everything in for speed soup so will not have much excuse to eat whatever i want x

Cant wait till my 1st scan fern as i really want to know baby is well. I'm also not going to tell my consultant until i have had the scan. Did you ladies need to get anything signed from your midwife or doc to carry on with sw or were your consultants fine x

Bunnylovesian- i cant believe your over 20 wks already.. only seems like 5 mins ago i was congratulating you on yours BFP! Shall update a pic when i have 5 mins to take one, really ought too otherwise i wont have taken one for almost a month. :eek:

jojo, i LOVE my group too, and its been really strange not going every wednesday.. but i really felt it was ruining my pregnancy expierance. Watching the scales go up and up and up- even though its for agood cause- when i worked so hard to loose it all was making me really resent myself. So its done me good being away not so much for the scales.. but mentally i think i needed it.

x

Back