Pregnancy and Slimming World

I would say between 12 - 16 weeks all I did was moan because I looked bloated. Like severe PMT - just all flabby.

At 16 weeks mark I just popped.

Tomorrow Cheeky being induced, so fingers crossed.

Good luck at your perinatal clinic - hope they can give you something.

Hi ladies

Mind if I join??? I'm 5 weeks preg with my first! So excited and terrified at the same time! The only ppl to no r me and my hubbie! x

MrsS2010 xxx

Congratulations Mrss2010 it is perfectly normal to have mixed emotions - boy did I have a rollercoaster ride.
I think about 19wks I looked pregnant but perfer I just looked fat, sadly you are going to put on weight on the stomach area but it is all worth it at the end for the bundle of joy :D
You should not be ashamed about what you eat, I have had many slip ups and it is part and parcel of this pregnancy malarky :)
Good luck with the meds, things crossed they give you something to ease the anxiety levels!!!

I have my scan later to finish the 20wk one that they could not complete. I dealt that I will found out sex as this baby is a royal pain in the arse and is sturborn and will not move for nothing, lol!

Hi ladies

Mind if I join??? I'm 5 weeks preg with my first! So excited and terrified at the same time! The only ppl to no r me and my hubbie! x

MrsS2010 xxx

Eeek, massive congrats to you honey. Welcome. xx

grumble, i bloated from week 7- couldnt even do my trousers up. I had a little pot belly from day one!! .. not so much a pot belly anymore.. big fat beach ball styleee!!

Thanks lexie & bunny! Maybe it is bloat & bread that's filled my tummy! :giggle: I think when i actually look pregnant and not just that i've eaten too many pies, it might be a bit easier to deal with :D Once i feel better i will start back with the sw plan but at the moment being in the kitchen makes me :jelous: so it's not going happen!

Congrats MrsS! :) I hope you have a very happy & healthy 9 months :)

Good luck with the scan bunny! I hope you find out the sex today!! How exciting! :)

Eeek, massive congrats to you honey. Welcome. xx

grumble, i bloated from week 7- couldnt even do my trousers up. I had a little pot belly from day one!! .. not so much a pot belly anymore.. big fat beach ball styleee!!

:O Luckily my trousers were on the verge of falling down when i found out- i was ready to buy some new ones but now by pot belly is keeping them up!

You're near the end! You're ment to have a lovely round tummy :D I've seen the pics...you look fab petal! x

Can I ask a question? I'm going to look really stupid I know, but I'm stuck. And a I don't want to ask my Mother in law or my mum for the endless nagging it will provoke.

What does a baby wear?

During the day I think they should be wearing:
Nappy
Vest/babygro thingy
Socks
teeshirt/top and bottoms
hat?

Seems like an awful lot for a summer baby.

Night - time

Nappy
Sleep suit

But do they still need a vest under the sleepsuit? I don't want them getting too warm whilst asleep. But I don't want them not settling because they're cold either.

Is there a book that addresses this? I don't know!

First few days I'd put vest on all time day and night also hat as that's were they loose heat , they are used to being nice and warm in your tummy , if it gets really warm you could leave of vest at night but only if it really hot my two year old always has a vest on long-sleeved in winter no sleeve in summer , think baby grows are vest for new borns day and night you see it's so much easier to just put another on when sick than to find a top to go with the bottoms when I had Ayrton he lived in baby grows nice White ones from tesco £5 for 3 and they washed great

Thanks everyone!

I'm scared to tell ne1 incase the worst would happen I think it's cause we have it drummed into us that u shouldn't tell ne1 until ur 12 weeks but that seems like forever away and I'm already wondering what's normal and what's not lol I'm gonna have u all tortured!!! So I think from google being tired and period like cramps are pretty normal at this stage....I dont no if I'm imagining it but I think I have also developed a super nose already!!!!!! Lol

MrsS2010 xxx

Hey Lexie with my 2 dd's i kept them mostly in babygro's and if it was too hot than a vest. Also a hat is very important as they lose a lot of heat from their head. Also knowing the summers i wouldnt worry about too many hot days x
Mrs2010 congrats, i'm around 6 weeks too x

Can I ask a question? I'm going to look really stupid I know, but I'm stuck. And a I don't want to ask my Mother in law or my mum for the endless nagging it will provoke.

What does a baby wear?

During the day I think they should be wearing:
Nappy
Vest/babygro thingy
Socks
teeshirt/top and bottoms
hat?

Seems like an awful lot for a summer baby.

Night - time

Nappy
Sleep suit

But do they still need a vest under the sleepsuit? I don't want them getting too warm whilst asleep. But I don't want them not settling because they're cold either.

Is there a book that addresses this? I don't know!

Hiya Hun

You dont look stupid and its a good question. I thought the same question for this one and Ive already had a baby lol

Daytime - Personally with this warm weather I put baby in a baby vest (sleeveless is ideal) and a baby grow/sleepsuit. You wont then need socks or t-shirt. If it gets really hot you can then put baby in either a short or long sleeved vest and socks.

Nightime - I put baby is a short sleeved vest and sleepsuit.

I found that I naturally put baby into sleepsuits, as they are so comfortable. I did the outfits once my first was about a month old.

They always say that its best to put baby in layers, as you can take them off if baby gets hot.

My little girl has only stopped wearing buttoned vests, this year when she turned 2 and the weather got warm.

I also suggest if you havent already done so have a look at baby sleep bags or growbags as I call them lol They are baby sleeping bags (like you get when camping) and are brilliant giving you some peace of mind that baby is covered and kept warm at night.

Hope this is some help x

Rosie - Please do the article! I think it would be amazing opportunity!!! I honestly dont think SW promotes their plan for pregnant women and I think it would be wonderful that you can tell your story and show that following a healthy plan not only helps giving baby all the nutrients but also keep weight gain reasonable.

I cant wait to read the article! Good luck x

Any twinges yet cheeky x

Sadly no, tried the orgasm trick this morning and went shopping but that didnt work. Told hubby I might be working him tonight lol

Ive got lots of pressure and baby is hitting my cervix which is uncomfortable but not signs of contractions lol

I am resigned that this little one is going to have to be 'encouraged' out lol x

Crystal - Congratulations of your weight loss, what a great acheivement

Bunny/JoJo - Congratulations and good luck for your weddings

Grumble - I am still here lol Good luck with your scan. As for SW dont fret too much, once you feel more 'normal' you can focus on getting back on the wagon.

Fern - Hope you are feeling better

Ok Ladies, stop chatting so much lol it takes me ages to catch up on all the posts hahahaha

Also if I asked Startlight, do you think it would be good to have a sticky for Breastfeeding and Slimming World? I really want to get back onto SW once baby has arrived and found this thread so much support it would be nice to carry on over to breastfeeding. Let me know what you think and I'll see if Starlight would consider it? x

Lexi - don't be afraid to ask anything on here - someone has usually thought it or asked it themselves beforehand (usually me :) )

I kept my son in vests and babygrows when he was tiny for the first month or two as it made changing him easy - he was kept nice and snug and if he was sick or leaked out of his nappy it was easy to grab another babygrow. Also means you don't have to wriggle the head too much to get a t-shirt on as you can just place baby in the babygrow and then feed the arms and legs through.
Def look into baby grow bags - they were a lifesaver for us once the winter came in (used the live in a very cold drafty house and it kept baby snug) In the summer they are good too as they keep baby at a constant temp.

Cheeky - thanks hun - hope baby kicks off tonight for you so you don't need the induction tomorrow. Will be thinking of you over the next few days while you're having baby and getting used to a new little one at home. Hope your eldest settles in well to being an older sibling :)

As for the breast feeding - I think it would be a great idea!!! Not sure but I thought I saw one (is off to look) nope there isn't a sticky but am sure it would be well used as some people start SW after they have baby and are breastfeeding then too.

All the best to the newcomers
Hope everyone is well
Sorry but am going to have to run as I can smell varnish and I have no idea what DH and DS are up to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back