Pregnancy and Slimming World

Can I ask a question? I'm going to look really stupid I know, but I'm stuck. And a I don't want to ask my Mother in law or my mum for the endless nagging it will provoke.

What does a baby wear?

During the day I think they should be wearing:
Nappy
Vest/babygro thingy
Socks
teeshirt/top and bottoms
hat?

Seems like an awful lot for a summer baby.

Night - time

Nappy
Sleep suit

But do they still need a vest under the sleepsuit? I don't want them getting too warm whilst asleep. But I don't want them not settling because they're cold either.

Is there a book that addresses this? I don't know!

No good asking me I have premmies lol they needed lots of layers to stay warm except Logan since he's a baby radiator. They also all slept with me so I don't actually have a clue about how many layers they need to stay warm at night. Hugs Crystal xx

Good question Lexi, i'm gonna ask lots of ? like that in the next few months.......heres one

Wk 15 and now the sickness starts WTF? Anyone else? Very kind work sent me home with a sick bag! Smells have kicked in for me too :jelous: . Managed to keep some ryvitas down atm

Cheeky, you got a stubborn one there!

MrsS2010 congrats!!!!

Grumble, Sw seems to come n go for me resigned to the fact that i have to listen to my body(satan) and eat , mainly the wrong stuff! lol, as for 'showing' i'm fat anyway so its not that obvious though i do feel like i've changed shape! I live in leggings and maxi dresses so they still all fit atm

Brill idea about the BF sticky, will be seeing you guys on there defo!! love the fact you get loads of extra HEB/A's woohoo!

I did the curry last week but that didnt work. Some pinapple yesterday and that got baby wriggling. Might have to have a whole pineapple tonight hahaha x

dont know if it was because of these things but when i was 10 days overdue i ate a ridiculous amount of pineapple one night, followed by sex after and contractions came early that morning :)lol xxxx

While we r on silly questions..... Is it 'normal' when u stand up to quickly to feel like u have a slight pulled muscle in ur lower tummy/bikini line area? I keep doing it....lol

MrsS2010 xxx

That happened to me a lot early on MrsS, i hope it's normal :giggle: It's a weird feeling, almost takes your breath away! It still happens every now and then when i get up quickly!

Yup, I got the twingy muscle when I stood up or sneezed. I found holding your tummy helped a little. Still twinges away occasionally.

I had that too from about 12 weeks - assumed it was round ligament pain as the ligaments stretch, as seemed to be in the right place. Was worse for me when I turned over in bed and occasionally when I sneezed.

Thanks for the info about what babies wear - I've picked up 2 sleeping bags, a 2.5tog one for £10 in Asda, and a 1tog one for £8 in Primark. Also they had half price ones in Boots at lunchtime - 2.5tog reduced from £20 to £10. I resisted though!! Thought I'd better see if baby gets on with them first before buying more!!

Thanks for the replies! Good to hear it's normal! I was a little worried and stupid as it sounds made me scared to cough, sneeze or stand up quickly! Lol I'm gonna need wrapped up in cotton wool! Lol

MrsS2010 xxx

Me too I'm bout 8 or 9 weeks and I get pulls in tummy when stand. I panic a little must admit as I didn't have it with Jacob.

Had midwife today. Bloods and urine is all normal. But I panic when I have bp done and it shows so they try to get me to relax but it doesn't help I need to try not to panic.

Got dating scan appointment through! 8th July oh my god I so can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Fantastic news bunny... Time to start shopping now!

1 Team Blue (Bunny)
1 Team Pink (Cheeky)
4 Team Yellow (Lexie, Fern, Sarah, Rosie?)

Congrats on the blue bump Bunny - such a lovely name and a lovely reason to name him it as well.

I am yellow - haven't got a clue what I'm having - swings from being sure it's another boy to being sure it's a girl - so basically I have no idea until it decides to show up - lol :)

I've always had the slight pains in side/tummy - it's not an issue according to the midwives I've spoken to it's just muscles getting ready for carrying baby. But if anyone is concerned best to check with your midwife just to check.

Fern! i can't believe you will be 30 weeks! i remember reading you announcing you were pregnant! Congratulations to all the newly pregnant ladies! Im 5 days late took a test and was negative! really thought my body was getting back on track! been poorly with a virus the best part of 3 weeks so not much action would have been lucky if i had of caught!!

I love reading everyone's experiances! can't wait until its me!!

Good luck for tomorrow cheeky!

Thank you squiggy.

Well girls no hints of an approaching labor lol

I am to be in the hospital tomorrow.morning at 8am. My bags have been checked and repacked and in the car. I'm gonna get up at 6am so that I can have some me time before hubby and daughter get up. My best friend has come to stay so that she is here when my daughter abbie is up.

I'm nervous but its more down to the fact I don't know what steps the Dr/MW will take. I don't want to waste time in steps that won't work such as the gel on the cervix.

Baby is really wriggly and she's hitting my cervix so let's hope that she has helped thin my cervic more.

Well girls I'll sign off for now and catch up with you all soon x x

Eeeppp we have names kinda chose ish even tho only 8-9 weeks

Skye-Leigh or Rhys

:)

Also got emotional today! Went to the meeting at the school for when Jacob starts reception! Awwww he is all big and grown up! And the uniforms!!! Omg he will have a uniform!!! 5 years ago today I was about the same amount of weeks pregnant with him!!! Ok now I'm cryin haha

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Back