Pregnancy and Slimming World

Jojo will be keeping my fingers crossed that something happens soon for you hun and that hubby is home with you when it does. Leanne I don't think I could ever wish for a longer pregnancy I have always been utterly fed up and done with pregnancy and wishing it would hurry up and be over lol. Leia wore her first tiny baby (7.5lb) outfit today, most of her clothes are 5lb ones though she's too long for her 3lb and 4lb clothes. Hugs Crystal xx

Be prepared to go over - I was convinced I was going to be early and it was very frustrating to go 10 days over... I wish I'd mentally prepared myself!

Although of course you never know...

Not that impressed with the mw i spoke to last nite i think cos she said yep ur in labour i took her word for it n started to mentally prepare for it. Feeling a bit flat now cos nothing has happened all day! He will come when hes ready i suppose! Gonna stop listening to these bloody mws cos they all say something different grrrr lol gonna fill my face with some banana cake i made earlier now nom nom x

My first baby came 8 weeks early for no reason at all, do any of you know what its like with the second? is that one likely to come early too?

I have heard somewhere that if your cycles are long than you tend to go over. My cycles were between 37 to 43 days and with my first daughter i went over 8 days and 10 days with my second daughter. Don't know how accurate that is but it's hard every day that goes over x

My first baby came 8 weeks early for no reason at all, do any of you know what its like with the second? is that one likely to come early too?
Not the one to ask lol all of mine have been early and tiny, Lukas was 34 weeks and weighed 5lb 0.5oz, Leo was 32 weeks and weighed 2lb 12oz, Logan was 37 weeks (he's the mystery they can't understand) and weighed 4lb 15.5oz and Leia was a c-section at 33 weeks and weighed 3lb 10.5oz. If it's something your midwife/consultant is worried about happening again they might offer you a stitch to stop your cervix opening too soon, or they might decide that frequent monitoring and scans to keep and eye out for anything changing and possibly showing signs of early labour it's one of those things that varies from doctor to doctor and even pregnancy to pregnancy. Hugs Crystal xx

Thanks for that. My little boy was born 32 weeks weighing 5lb 4.5oz but no idea at all why he came early. The doctor even thinks that at some point the measurements were done wrong because at 32 weeks early he should have weighted less and he shouldn't have been able to suckle and feed so quickly (no one really gave me any answers!) Iv spoken to the doctor about baby #2 coming early too but they dont seem to be bothered or even care that much. Think with #2 i'll just let the mw know and make it clear that i want to be checked often!

They told me Leo wouldn't be able to suck, and he was born sucking his hand lol he used to have little love bites on his hand from sucking it. If your little one was that big at 32 weeks unless someone cocked up at your 20 week scan and put in some measurements wrong they would probably want to monitor you closely anyway, just to keep an eye on the size of the baby. Hugs Crystal xx

jojogonnabeslim said:
Not that impressed with the mw i spoke to last nite i think cos she said yep ur in labour i took her word for it n started to mentally prepare for it. Feeling a bit flat now cos nothing has happened all day! He will come when hes ready i suppose! Gonna stop listening to these bloody mws cos they all say something different grrrr lol gonna fill my face with some banana cake i made earlier now nom nom x

Jojo I feel for you - I know how hard it is!
I was the same that day I mentioned earlier - it was 2 days before my due date and my braxton hicks were so bad and frequent I was convinced that was it. That's why I was pleased I'd asked the MW to examine me. Although it wasn't the answer I wanted, better to know than to get all excited.
And I was 10 days over in the end and every day was really hard going - I just wish I'd prepared myself to go over from the start.

Not sure about the cycle thing, mine were around 28 days and I was 10 days over x

Ohhhhh my god :(

Jojo I think I may be in some sympathy with u Hun! :( am currently in the bath to ease discomfort. Luckily we haven't got my son tonight he is at mums so I hope to rest a bit...

Started off last night.. Bout 2am I woke crying and biting the pillow in complete agony! In what I can only explain was my groin area on the right hand side. Then after a min it went fell bk sleep and 20 min later pain again. Went and could sleep more. Then I been fine all day till bout 4pm where every so often had a few pains but I wouldn't say stabbing... Just more like a sore belly and tum go hard and after a bit it passes. Been walking around merry hill (indoor shopping mall) like a granny hobbling as I feel so tight and tender.. Other half was concerned.

Now come bk home and sorry for the tmi completely! Had a number 2 as thought ohhh haven't been today and had the urge to go... Was fine and went normal. Sat down for 5 and had a tight uncomfy feeling on top of my bump and just went loo and had runs :,(

So think I have a tummy bug again or sumert.... Don't feel right. Other half said what if it's labour. I said it's not the same as when I had Jacob, the pains took my breath away. Hmmmm I dunno.

I don't wanna call midwife or triage... Feels stupid as part of me is not concerned I think it's a bug or sumert.

Just needed to voice it... Just feels weird second time round. It all feels new again!

So am now in bath on my phone... Bored...

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Oh eck leeanne! Sounds like ur pains r a lot worse than mine were!!! Ive read that with ur second u feel ur braxton hicks alot more n that ur pregnancy can be completely different? Im jealous u have a bath to get in lol , ill have to make do with my shower! Bath paracetamol n rest is what u need, u prob overdone it without realising, seems to be my trick that lol! Going off my antinatal classes first signs of labour can be sickness n opening of bowels so it is possible??? Ring mws thats what they r there for! Hope ur ok hun xxx

I wi second that. The runs Are a massive sign as body is getting rid of it to make room r something.
Ring mw who cares what they think? After baby born what's the chances u will ever see them again? X

Morning. Only just read replies.

Just got up n had no pains in night n I am ok. :) thx for ur worries! Dunno wat this baba thinks he is doin to his mumma!!

He is happily kicking me today. No other weird signs today so maybe just was a bug? Will keep you all posted. Made a deal with other half that any pain that takes my breath away we call triage.

I guess I feel bit worried now... I mean I keep goin by wat labour felt like with Jacob. Oddly as it sounds, wat if it's different this time. Feel like I don't kno any more. I had tummy back n leg pains with Jacob as he turned back to back in labour. What if this time it's not as intense n I just dismiss it?

:/ any way I got another 7 weeks to cook baba yet! And had a word with him that he isn't allowed to come early n be poorly, n he not allowed to come Xmas cuz of his brothers lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Lol naughty baby!!!!! I can't give you any advice on second babies coming as i don't know apart from it can be a completly different experience!
i've read through all the emails thats bounty boots pampers etc have sent me regarding labour signs. No real mention of sickness and pooing. Mainly waters breaking, the 'show' and regular strong contractions!
I'm sat here with terrible back ache wondering is it labour or baby lay on a nerve or pgp pains. Grrrr i could drive myself mad wondering.....instead this pain is!!!!! Time to hit the painkillers again!
xx

Hello Ladies

Was doing a search this morning Slimming World and Target Members. Wanted to know whether if you are target already and want to continue going to slimming world do you have to pay when you go 3lbs out of target.

I got to target in Jan 2011 and want to make sure I dont put on as much weight as I did last time. I put on 3 and a half stone and had a little girl weighing less that 7lbs!! By the time the fluids, placenta etc had gone I was still 2 stone overweight.

Anyway, I am now 6w 1d and already put on 3.5lbs (and I look so bloated already). Got to look positive, last time by 12 weeks I had put on 12 pounds - so not that bad yet!! I am really trying to be good but chocolate cake is calling me - i really fancy one of those fattening rocky road bars that nigella lawson makes (not that i have made one but am tempted to have a go as its all i am thinking about).

Anyway, my research this morning meant I read through about 20 (maybe even more) pages of this thread. I feel like I know you all now.

Leanne - I heard that also though (from the NCT classes first time round) that just before labour you have a clear out of the bowels. I though the reason was something to do with all the pushing (otherwise that pushing might lead to an accident if your not cleared out) - so its natures way.

Welcome geordie lass x
Nowhere near target yet i was getting there slowly n via the scenic route before pregnancy. Best thing i did was join this site for brill tips n advice n this post in particular has been fantastic thanks to all the lovely ladies on here id have been lost thats for sure!!!
Mia extra easy is the best plan and u get to enjoy an extra a and b choice too. Dont be hard on urselves if u just cant stick to it, the next few mths are tough n our bodies like to crave naughty stuff a bit too much in my case lol!
I still go to my class every wk yeah maybe i am wasting £5 to be told im gaining weight, its more keeping the habit going and keeping a check on my weight gain! I know that once my baby is here i will still be going to class n hopefully get my motivation back to loose weight sensibly. So there lol! Chips egg n beans for tea all sw pity the massive banana loaf im getting through isnt!!! Xx

Thanks hun, i didnt know you could have extra hea/b, do you still loose weight even with the extra hea's....i would like to loose some if i can i would feel better if i did.

Hi I am about to start eating the Slimming World way and we are going to try for our second baby. I want to make sure I am eating healthily this time. The first time I lost over half a stone in the first trimester, stuffed my face with bacon sandwiches twice daily in the my second trimester and just basically continued with some very interesting habits on the third! On the day I came back from having my daughter I weighed myself and had put on 2 stone. On her first birthday I weighed myself again. Same weight. I basically so tired and so used to eating in a certain way that it was only when I went back to work that the weight came down a bit to a more normal level.

I am now half a stone heavier than when I got married so not too unhappy but I can somehow feel it creeping back on and I am not even pregnant yet!

Anyway, I considered the WW option which is what I have always tried before and starved and got bored and felt like it was good on paper but undoable in real life but I love the Extra Easy option of SW and I a expected a pregnant or BF woman to have extra syns but I am impressed what this is not the case and that instead you get extra HEX. Sensible indeed!

Anyway, do wish me luck - with the weight loss and the getting pregnant. Been saving up a long time for the second one!

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for hoe best to use syns and which meals seem to be the most satisfying I would be grateful. You know, things that you wish others had told you at the beginning.

Thx so much!

Back