Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thanks, Yeah I am fat of skinny chips, beans and eggs.
I had a healthy day with the main meals - 2 weetabix & skimmed milk, jacket potato with chilli and cheese (ok the cheese isnt great), stir fry beef, stir fry veg, soy and noodles.

The issue is the half scone I had from a cafe (and it was huge, half a scone was probs still size of 2 shop scones - with butter). oh and the after 8's i ate. No idea how many, am guessing somewhere between 10-15 (just less than half a pack).

I would say my nausia isnt helping this time but not sure if its caused by the baby or the chocolate! haha

LeanerandLighter - You are exactly the same as I was. 2 stone overweight the day I got out of hospital and I still was 5.5 months later. I think slimming world is great, but once I have the baby I will go back to WW. For me, I have followed SW for years but when I decided to lose weight after having Amy I got so many WW Points (breast feeding) - I just ate SW food which was natually low in syns (and had cake or choc most days).

I wish SW give pregnant / breast feeding ladies more syns rather than healthy extras lol

Anyway, filling dinners I like are normally skinny chips with veg and either salmon / chicken steamed.
Chilli con carne wih rice
curry and rice
beef casserole (I adapt Jools Favourite Stew from Jamie Oliver to SW compatible)
Stir fry beef/ chicken/ prawns with veg and then noodles or rice (and if i got syns when i am beign good i have it with a blue dragon sauce)

Lunches I often make a pasta dish/ cous cous dish (or have a mugshot). Going to try one of those uncle bens sweet sour things tomorrow though (I won a few in the raffle on Wednesday).

Welcome to the newbies :)

I try to follow sw but don't really as I am still off meat n veg so I try n eat fruit a lot and soups. It's the only way my body gets wat it needs. I'm not doin too bad tho 33 weeks n 3lb heavier! :)

Dietiton said that as long as at the end I don't put on more than. A stone n don't weigh less I'm doin well.

Good luck x

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Leanne u really are an inspiration with ur weight! I am really struggling hard to even think of sticking to sw. I haven't weighed myself again as want to do it every month Cos of weight fluctuations.

Am 16 weeks this week and sometimes it goes fast and sometimes it goes really slow! Am just so bloody tired all the time. I sleep when my son sleeps every day for at least 2 hours and am in bed by 8 shattered and up at 7am I just feel like I am wasting days sleeping!

I am on a night shift tonight.... Was up at 6 as my husband is so bloody loud in the mornings. I hopefully will get a bit of sleep today but normally when I know I need to sleep I can't! But working 8pm till 3am and I get home about 4! Hubby up at 6 so no doubt he will wake me up again and then Have my son all day alone. This happens every 4 weeks when our shifts clash! And it's hell on earth! It's a good job my son is so good. Normally we have a pj day and watch Disney films. Or in his case lion king over and over lol. X

Well got bk.. Had bp checked was ok so got sent to see doc, urine is ok, baby not engaged (releif!) but it's a mystery to
Why I feel unwell and also to the mystery pain Friday night.

Yey.... I'm a mystery who feels rather naff

Just been told to reast

Leeanne perhaps you did have a bit of a bug the other day and are still getting over it, probably takes longer due to pregnancy? hope you feel better soon, rest is the best thing!

Well went to SW and lost 0.5lb? No complaints here lol! hope i make it to next wks class cos its taster day! I don't want to miss out out on nommy sw food, great for picking up new recipe ideas! Am trying out a bacon and baked bean hotpot for tea so will let you all know what it turns out like, smells good and looks like real comfort food!
just thought i'd check what the average weight gain is in pregnancy.......seems to be about 27 lb, i've gained 28lb so i'm actually happy with that!!!

You two have done brilliantly - I am amazed Leanne has only put on a few pounds! Thats fantastic going.

I think am going to aim to put on less than 2.5 stone (I think I naturally bloat anyway )

Today is the first day I have stuck to plan in ages!! I feel great about it. I think its because I have been looking at the photos of myself when I had my little girl and I look awful. I didnt previously realise how awful I looked as I was happy but god i look massive!!

We just got back from taster evening at group, we took a speed soup curry and some mini mushroom quiches and both of us lost for a change (him 1lb and me 0.5lb). Can't remember what I have read so off to catch up and then I will be back. Hugs Crystal xx

Well done on ur loss crystal!
OMG the bacon hotpot was lush, had left overs for dinners today nom.
Very easy to make and syn free on extra easy :- basically its parboiled sliced potatoes layered up with onion and bacon that i fried off first and baked beans. put 1/4 pint of water so it doesnt dry out and cook in the oven covered for 1/2 hr then uncovered so potatoes on top crisp up. I added some cheese on top at the end using my HEA. Very tasty!

Been to watch Arther Christmas today lol, i cried at the end.......not cos its sad but knowing i'll have my baby by xmas! Got all emotional!Awwwww
x

Hotpot sounds nice - We are having stir fry for the third day in a row. We dont normally do that but I bought beansprouts, brocolli and carrots to add to it yesterday and didnt think the beansprouts would keep long.

Lucasmummy - how did you make those quiches and how many syns are they. :)

They are free on all plans, it was 4 eggs, a tub of quark, mushrooms and half and onion thrown in my blender and then cooked in the oven in a mini muffin tray for 30-40 minutes on gas mark 6. It was a bit of a mistake to blend the mushrooms though since they made the quiches grey and very unappetising to look at lol. Usually when I make them I do them like I did tonight with 3 eggs and 1 tub of cottage cheese then added cooked bacon and onion and a red pepper they came out lovely. If you are doing one big one line the dish with something ham slices works really well it stops it burning around the edge. Hugs Crystal xx

ooh that sounds nice, :) Think I like the idea of the second ones better. Might try that.
did you see in the recipe section someone made some scones similar way with cottage cheese and instant potato?

We have our tester session tomorrow night but its not the usual one - we all paid £2 and then our consultant is ordering in some low syn indian takeaway food. cant wait!!

Hi ladies hope ur all ok. I'm still not feelin great but work today 9.30-2.30 then off tomorrow then work Friday 9.39-12.30 and I go on maternity leave! So I'm thinking it's the no sleep as I am so tired all day get in bed n feel wide awake not to mention the fidget bum in my tummy!!

Got a dicky tum still with the runs sorry for tmi still :( also I still get random pains in the night... Still no answers for so I wonder if it's linked to the runs as if i get pains I then need loo in morning! Random!

Weighed myself today and a big 5lb on lol hahahahaha all this slooooww gain then boom lol I'm ok tho as I been feelin poo and have noticed my feet begin to feel the burn of pregnancy and began to swell and be sore plus boobs are mental now and huge so I wonder if that's why lol!! Either way I still got 6lb leeway! And 7 weeks left which is ok. Soups are back out tomorrow!

Hi guys

Just thought I would show u this.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15736550

It was in my last notes to have cord not clamped or cut straight away along with skin to skin immediately and I got a crash c sec and didnt see my son till he was 3 hours old.
So just thought would let u know of that article so u can make an informed choice. Xxxx

jojogonnabeslim said:
Well done on ur loss crystal!
OMG the bacon hotpot was lush, had left overs for dinners today nom.
Very easy to make and syn free on extra easy :- basically its parboiled sliced potatoes layered up with onion and bacon that i fried off first and baked beans. put 1/4 pint of water so it doesnt dry out and cook in the oven covered for 1/2 hr then uncovered so potatoes on top crisp up. I added some cheese on top at the end using my HEA. Very tasty!

Been to watch Arther Christmas today lol, i cried at the end.......not cos its sad but knowing i'll have my baby by xmas! Got all emotional!Awwwww
x

That sounds lovely hun, do u cut all your bacon up into little pieces and how many layers of potato u do?

Hi yep i cut up my bacon, it was layer potato at bottom bacon onion and half tin beans followed by another layer potato, the rest of the beans bacon n onion and then topped off with one more layer potato then topped with cheese

Leeanne...........stop fretting about your weight!!!! lol that 5lb will most probably be due to swelling......i've got at least half stone on each foot lol! Don't forget baby is putting weight on now as well so you may find you start gaining a bit! Thinking about it is weighing in every wk like i've done actually doing any good?........how the hell do we know if any gain is due to baby growth, swelling or booby growth????? Or down to us? Think we should all bare that in mind before we start beating ourselves up ........including me! lol

hope everyone has a good day. i'm off to hopefully finish off my xmas shopping xx

Hi everyone :) Just checking in to say hello & to see how everyone is...still not following sw (just ate a almond croissant!) I bit the bullet yesterday & weighed myself! since becoming pregnant i've put on 22lbs!! eeeek! Seeing as i'm so overweight anyway, i shouldn't have put on this much! Oooopsies!

Hope you are all okay. Went docs yesterday im 5 weeks, all okay...will be seen through hospital as im over 35 (36) so classed as high risk :/. Doc said okay to carry on with slimming world.

Can you remind me, is it okay to eat white fish when pregnant or should i just avoid it all together?

Back