Pregnancy and Slimming World

Ah leeanne, no signs yet? I've got midwife at lunch time, work up in early hours with a lot of pain in my stomach, I'm trying not to worry I hope nothing is wrong x

Nope no signs at all :,( feel like crying!!

Don't worry bout ur pains could be round ligument pains I had it and hurt more than labour! But speak to ur midwife x

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 39 weeks preg: 14s 9lb

Yeah it was really sharp stabbing pains around my kidney's and across my stomach. Hopefully nothing to worry about so fingers crossed. Hope your little one comes along soon :) x

In such a bad mood... Men are full of s**t!!

Last night we was watching misfits episodes. At 11.30 I was tired and achey cuz had done housework all day, he said let's watch one more I said no I'm really tired n I need to rest, he begged me and said I will get up with Jacob I said u won't he said I will I promise I said ok then.... Guess what..... I had to get up with Jacob at 7.30 ok I don't really mind that much as I love my big boy and it's his last day as it's bk to school tomorrow.... But he is still in bed!! I shouted up are u gettin up as u were meant to get up he said yeh I am.... 30 mins later still no movement!!

All through this pregnancy he hasn't helped or said ohhhh love put ur feet up ur doin too much, I am fed up! He has been out of work since June! I've worked I have come home done housework and cooked and all the washing and when I say anything I'm just a nag! :,( I love him and he isn't that bad and he is good to me he is just so f***ing lazy! And it worries me as I wanna breastfeed so bad and I know that the house will be a sham and no one will eat well!! :,(

Can someone remind me why I decided to fall pregnant again :,(

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 39 weeks preg: 14s 9lb

Don't worry Leanne I'm sure he'll come through for you wen bub arrives, and just remember your hormones are all over the place especially being so close to labour, I know myself that I ignore all the good things my hubby does and focus on him doing what I deem as annoying and lazy. When your son is at school tomorrow have a long walk on the way home and then a nice relaxing bath, you need to be resting up for labour not stressing out, if you must let the washing pile up, and when hubby says something just tell him you've decided that until you have gone through and recovered from labour, your housewife skills are being retired to only meals and sorting your son out xx

Big hugs. Have u told him?
Men are lazy if we let them be lazy!
Also after baby born who cares about the house? As long as ur ok.
Re food is there no way u can cook up a few meals to freeze this afternoon maybe? And get some bog standard just bung in oven stuff?

Have u tried evening primrose oil? Look it up apparently it can help dialate u?
Also if u look at all the reviews on that link on YouTube I posted it seems that really is a guarantee to get things moving. X

I'm sure you don't need reminding hun, I'm sure men are on a completely different planet when were pregnant. My hubby will sometimes just sit watching telly letting me do the house work, but then even this early on if keeps saying 'don't lift that if it's too heavy' or he'll tell me off for stretching or carrying something. Or if I need to do something I don't bother asking him because I know I'm better off doing it myself but he'll get up and do it without even asking. Maybe your fella needs a gentle reminder that your going to need a lot of help when the baby comes along, maybe he hasn't realised how much your doing. My husband is definitely not a morning person, I get the same with him I'm always up first. Even when he gets up first he's took that long to get sorted I'm wide awake anyway x

I have done both and Sw is much easier for me and it really doesn'u matter how much you eat as long as it's the right foods/free foods on Sw. I will be restarting Sw on 14th again, I can't wait x

Hi Mia, bet your excited for your scan. I was scared too but you will feel much better after your scan. I heard my babies heartbeat today for the first time it was great, hubby recorded it on his phone :) like we did with our first. Let us know how your scan goes x

That sounds awful about your husband Leeanne. I cant believe he kicked up a fuss at you wanting to go to bed at 11.30! I cant remember when I stayed awake til that late lol! I am in bed most nights at 10.30 (11 at a push) and thats since having a child rather than just because I am pregnant. I think you need to tell him he needs to help out a bit more, might give him something to do if he is out of work.

I agree with others, if your overdue fill the time making some freezer meals. You will really appreciate having them when you come out of hospital. As otherwise goodness knows what you will do.

Mia - I was scared about the scan too but all was ok. It was lovely to see my baby :) Enjoy today.

Sparkle - I have done slimming world for the best part of 10 years (maintaining really) and find it very easy. Its basically sensible choices - you end up eat lean meats and fish with low calorie carbohydrates (potatoes, beans & pulses, rice and pasta). Your plate should be 1/3 superfree (fruit and veg).
Its obvious more too it that that, but its basically sensible eating so its quite easy to follow.

However - WW when breastfeeding gives you more points (i would have thought being pregnant you would have been able to do ww but with more points). I lost a lot of weight (when i finally decided to focus) on WW because i got more points for breastfeeding. i just made the foods i was used to making on SW and had lots if cake to use my points. It was ideal haha

Hi girls.

Just got back from my re arranged 20 week scan (am 23 weeks) and they couldn't find a left ventricle she could see the fluid and blood for the left kidney but couldn't see the kidney

Am really worried as my friends 2 boys died of a condition like this. one at 5 months old.

Got another scan At 28 weeks.

Fatty_no_more said:
Hi girls.

Just got back from my re arranged 20 week scan (am 23 weeks) and they couldn't find a left ventricle she could see the fluid and blood for the left kidney but couldn't see the kidney

Am really worried as my friends 2 boys died of a condition like this. one at 5 months old.

O no so sorry, is it possible it was just an unclear image and that the tecnitian just couldnt make out the tissue?
Try not to worry too much untill your next scan, mine is in 5 weeks on the 7th i think, so i will anxiously wait alongside you till the day ** hugs **

((hugs)) fatty_no_more will keep my fingers crossed everything is ok at the next scan xx

Fatty_no_more said:
Hi girls.

So sorry to hear this, hopefully everything will be fine, let's just hope it's an unclear image, will be thinking of you x

fnm - sorry to hear the scan didnt go well, but like mummyclarke said it could have just been an unclear scan. I have my fingers crossed for you.

hi girls, havent been on here in ages... but just wanted to let you know (if anyone remembers me lol) i had my gorgeous boy 16th dec... absolutely perfect. 7lb 3oz.. his name is Logan Ronnie.

now to get back on track with plan!! 2012 i will get to target lol

Thanks guys still bit down but just trying to think positive. We are looking into a private scan at the moment as the hospital literally like to keep things secret when it's your body and your baby!!! X

Ohhhhh fnm I been thinking of u :( hope u get private Scan soon I would of thought withthings like that they would see u the next week :( cuddles n hope everything is ok!!

I'm still here overdue by 2 days grrrrrrr

Oh and gained 4lb this week lol that makes it a stone at 40 weeks!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Back