Pregnancy and Slimming World

I had the amby natures nest for a bed. It was brilliant and I am reusing it this time (got to order a new mattress soon). Only thing is the frame is huge (but that doesnt bother me), it takes less space in the car than a moses basket if you end up going to visit friends, family or a uk holiday.

I also bought a cheap 2nd hand moses basket for day time sleeps (new mattress because this was mostly downstairs). I'd recommend doing the same incase the baby is sick as you dont get 2 hammocks or mattresses, The hardest part of all was when we moved her to a bed but we soon got over it.

on the other thing - downs tests, i havent heard anything (and its 2 weeks tomorrow). I was told i would be contacted within a week if high risk (my area just state high or low risk - not a 1 in x chance). i havent been contacted and i think thats good news. however it has been xmas and new year so hope thats why.

Hey all! I'm back on minimums after almost an entire year. Well, 10 months-ish. Found out I was pregnant in August and have been maintaining my weight until now. I have had intense sugar cravings and no interest in much else. I had the usual food aversion type stuff in the beginning, but never really gained back a sense of "normalcy" in my food choices. Anyway. All was going great and then I started to notice "fat gain" instead of baby gain. So here I am to revamp my eating habits for the last 3 months of my pregnancy. I still don't want normal food, but I will force myself to eat something more balanced.

Baby is due in April, so I'd like to maintain my weight or possibly only put on 5 more pounds. Since I am "overweight" to begin with, I wanted to stay within the 15-25 lb weight gain recommendation. I have now gained 15 lbs and I am in week 26.

Hope to find all kinds of preggy support here!

Elizabeth

Hello elizabeth :) welcome back and not long left now!!

Well I'm now 3 days over!! Grrrr why are boys late!! Got midwife today but no idea what time I was told they would get in touch cuz they seeing me at home but nothing yet! Annoying cuz I wanna get out the damn house! Don't know if I will be offered a sweep but kinda hope so to get body goin but also bit nervous!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

I have had the best midwife appointment ever! She was so supportive and listened to me and I cried bout how I wanted a home birth and was treated last time with other midwife and also that the midwife unit keeps closing in the hospital I'm under cuz they are full... So guess what... I'm booked in for a home birth I am over the
Moon!! :) my sheets and towels are ready!! :) I can have him at home!!! :)

Hello ladies, im back and needing minimins more than ever. I was an active member on the site before I found out I Was pregnant and minimins was my only access to SW as I was doing it at home.

With good intentions I planned on sticking on plan but with cravings and bad food aversions I diddnt, so I just decided to eat healthly. That lasted for so long, but now I feel that Im eating far too much crap and the weight im gaining now is not all baby.

I lost a stone in my first trimester, but have gained that back plus a further 12.5lb, so iv in fact gone over the recomended weight gain for obese women. Iv decided that action needs taking so I Went back to SW on Tuesday evening so today is only my second day back on plan. Im slowly getting into the swing of things, but iv still got my intense craving for cheese on toast, I know I can still have it but I weant it for every meal....never mind, only 10 more weeks to go then I meet my little boy and it will all seem worth it

I'm on day 2 and doing fine. Hubby is doing this with me so that's nice. I'm feeling a little munchy but have managed to just eat fruit or yogurt. I'm doing extra easy but meat isn't really my thing these days. The blander the better. Unless of course we're talking about sugar. Then the sweeter the better!

I got on the scale today and I have gained a total of 17 lbs. I'm totally freaking out. I really need to maintain that for the next 3 months. Although I find that difficult to imagine doing. At any rate I'm eating better than I have the entire pregnancy. So my baby should be happy!

Anyway. Dinner for tonight is turkey tenderloins, rice and fruit. Can't stomach much veg. Is anybody else having food problems? Apart from morning sickness and early pregnancy food aversions? I haven't really had any specific cravings so that's good!!

4 days over :(

Grrrr even ate hot piri piri sauce last night n nothing!! Plus we had good news yesterday jay starts new job (he been unemployed since June) he starts Monday!!!!!!!! Arrghhhhhhh!!!!!!! Sooo I will prob go into labour then! Also he isn't entitle to 2 weeks off so I feel a bit stressy!!

Baby needs to arrive tonight!! So he has at least 2 days with daddy!!

Good luck Leanne. I didn't go over with my son but I remember leading up to him being born I was gagging for him to arrive!

I am gonna try back hardcore as of Monday! We have my sons birthday party tomorrow and with all the SPd and stuff my minds been elsewhere.
So I will sit at work on sunday and write a menu for the week me thinks. X

A homebirth! That will be lovely, my first was supposed to be a homebirth but ended up with a C section :( hope it goes well. And I know going overdue is a pain but only 30% of babies come on or before the due date - 4 days ain't bad in the scheme of things. Plan loads of stuff for this week, babies like to mess up your diary so a few appointments might get him moving!

My first was hospital and ended up forceps delivery. Had such an awful time there wasn't proactive n staff were vile :( this time I wanna be ableto listen to my body. I hope I get the home birth i want so much it feels much better for me!!! Just need the contractions to begin lol!!

Does anyone kno if the lead up to labour with your second is different? Only with Jacob I remember being achey for almost a week before I had him but this time nothing apart from the sore lady area which I thinks my cervix? Maybe being second time I am all stretched any way so body hasn't gotta work so hard, or maybe because I don't get time to think about it or maybe I can cope with pain better since having a child before i dunno but I worry cuz I don't feel any build up :/

Still plenty of time leanne dont worry, he'll show when he's ready, iv decided I'm gonna count my due date as 2 weeks after so I dont have the stress of counting each day, remember

( bloody child pressing buttons on phone)
Remember it last time, people kept saying you not had it yet, so disheartening

Well wass 100% on plan Wednesday, but got stressed last night and wanted chocolate. I had a complete emotional breakdown when hubby came in and took it away saying I shouldn't be eating it (swear he had a death wish), gonna try to be back on plan today and hold myself together, wish me luck x

Hey all! I'm back on minimums after almost an entire year. Well, 10 months-ish. Found out I was pregnant in August and have been maintaining my weight until now. I have had intense sugar cravings and no interest in much else. I had the usual food aversion type stuff in the beginning, but never really gained back a sense of "normalcy" in my food choices. Anyway. All was going great and then I started to notice "fat gain" instead of baby gain. So here I am to revamp my eating habits for the last 3 months of my pregnancy. I still don't want normal food, but I will force myself to eat something more balanced.

Baby is due in April, so I'd like to maintain my weight or possibly only put on 5 more pounds. Since I am "overweight" to begin with, I wanted to stay within the 15-25 lb weight gain recommendation. I have now gained 15 lbs and I am in week 26.

Hope to find all kinds of preggy support here!

Elizabeth

Congratulations Elizebeth,
Im also due in April the 12th, when is your date? I've gone off veg completely since day one and not to keen on fruit so far i've kept the pregnancy weight off, not by dieting just not taking advantage of eating for 2. This week I been trying to eat healthy meals including the veg! so I can still have my treats when I fancy them without feeling guilty. I would try slimming world but don't think I can stick to the syns and know I probably end up eating more so good luck with slimming world.

Cas xx

Hi ladies

In my last 2 pregnancies I have gone over my due date by 2 weeks and you are so right. Peoples comments can be so thoughtless! Im not gonna tell people my due date purely because I can't cope with the silly questions! "Have you not popped that baby out yet?" "Erm does it look like it??" Grrr rant over lol.

In my first 2 weeks this pregnancy I have gained 3lbs?! That must be water weight or something? I havent exactly been on plan. Mainly Ive been eating anything that takes the edge off the nausea :(

If you've only just found out your pregnant it's probably bloating and water, don't worry all that gas will come out in lovely unexpected ways soon lol x

Back