Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi all! I'd love to join you. Am 29+5, did sw a year ago to shift the last of my baby weight (gained 4st with DS) and loved it! I was 57kg pre preg, am now 68, so need to slow this gain down a bit. I've only ever done ee, so 1 hea and heb each day. just wondering if I should increase to 2 hea and 2 heb in preg?

Yep u should have 2hea and 2heb :)

Fed up want labour tonight!!! Worried cuz jay starts work Monday!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Been doin it daily lol even tried it a bit rough lol baby is having non of it!!!!

Other halfs gonna do the accupressure today for me!

Oh good luck.... After so many months of waiting its nearly over :0) so pleased to hear about the job - that'll b nice when baby comes having the extra cash I'm sure!

I've gone off fruit & veg unless in soup r blended into a curry sauce! Eating lots of tuc crackers n ginger nuts- jelly babies today now too :0/

Last week I gained 6lb-but lost 5 this week... So so far I've 0.5 on during my pregnancy and 8 weeks now... What's normal by now r first 12wks?

Normal is 3-4 lb weight gain. But there is nothing wrong with gaining nothing or even losing...depending if ur sick and how ur eating.

Since starting back up my hubby has lost 4 lbs and I lost 1. I'm not really trying to lose weight. Just don't want to gain anymore!! My lactation consultant said she's seen women lose weight during pregnancy because they changed their diet/lifestyle for the better and there is nothing wrong with that! So I'm going to be healthy for me and the baby and hope for best. Its hard not to obsess about weight gain. Especially if u have had a child before. I had no idea how fat I had gotten until AFTER my daughter was born. It was so hard to shift the weight. I dont want to deal with that again! I was so unhappy. I just wanted to hide from the world. NOT THIS TIME. I'm due in April and I want to be out enjoying the summer by June!!

Cas3 said:
Congratulations Elizebeth,
Im also due in April the 12th, when is your date? I've gone off veg completely since day one and not to keen on fruit so far i've kept the pregnancy weight off, not by dieting just not taking advantage of eating for 2. This week I been trying to eat healthy meals including the veg! so I can still have my treats when I fancy them without feeling guilty. I would try slimming world but don't think I can stick to the syns and know I probably end up eating more so good luck with slimming world.

Cas xx

So funny. I'm due April 12 too! But this is my second one and I'm giving myself a due WEEK. Gives u more of a range and keeps ppl off your back!

MommyNOriana said:
Normal is 3-4 lb weight gain. But there is nothing wrong with gaining nothing or even losing...depending if ur sick and how ur eating.

Since starting back up my hubby has lost 4 lbs and I lost 1. I'm not really trying to lose weight. Just don't want to gain anymore!! My lactation consultant said she's seen women lose weight during pregnancy because they changed their diet/lifestyle for the better and there is nothing wrong with that! So I'm going to be healthy for me and the baby and hope for best. Its hard not to obsess about weight gain. Especially if u have had a child before. I had no idea how fat I had gotten until AFTER my daughter was born. It was so hard to shift the weight. I dont want to deal with that again! I was so unhappy. I just wanted to hide from the world. NOT THIS TIME. I'm due in April and I want to be out enjoying the summer by June!!

Och well done u! I've seen so many women gain stones rather than pounds and take yrs shifting it! Sw diet is just so healthy that it can only b good for ur body when pregnant & the little one... The only things I've changed is taking fruit juice as I can't face fruit r veg at the minute! And ginger nuts & crackers to munch on... I'm other than that trying to stick to sw. I would love to minimise any gain... I'm 3lbs short of 7st off & don't want to undo all that hard work and regret it in August!

At the end of the day though it's a healthy wee bundle we all want but a less tubby body would b such a bonus :0)

I'm still here :(

40+5 :(

Other half tried accupressure tho didn't do it as long as should! Grumpy man :(

Vm019 said:
Och well done u! I've seen so many women gain stones rather than pounds and take yrs shifting it! Sw diet is just so healthy that it can only b good for ur body when pregnant & the little one... The only things I've changed is taking fruit juice as I can't face fruit r veg at the minute! And ginger nuts & crackers to munch on... I'm other than that trying to stick to sw. I would love to minimise any gain... I'm 3lbs short of 7st off & don't want to undo all that hard work and regret it in August!

At the end of the day though it's a healthy wee bundle we all want but a less tubby body would b such a bonus :0)

7st off?! Omg that's amazing!! Good on you!! U can do this. U have so much to be proud of. And just think, if u choose to breastfeed u will burn an extra 500 calories a day! That should put everything back to normal!!! Regardless I know u will be fine.

They were gonna Thursday but cuz I got booked in for home birth she said she would leave it so not till Wednesday now but next sat I gotta go in to be induced :( really want home birth!!

Sounds like you got a stubborn one in there, remember when I had Amy and the waiting is so frustrating.
How many days do u get induced in your area? Ours was 10 days I think so hopefully u haven't got much longer.
What happens with induction with a home birth? Do they induce u and send u home? Or does the midwife do it at home?

Leeanne910 said:
They were gonna Thursday but cuz I got booked in for home birth she said she would leave it so not till Wednesday now but next sat I gotta go in to be induced :( really want home birth!!

in my last pregnancy i went into labour and gave birth on the day i was meant to be induced! As both my babies have been late i am expecting this one to be late too.
Fingers crossed you go into labour before your induction date x

Because the complications with hospitals at moment and being my second they having me in at 12 days over but u are allowed to go 14 days!!

If I have to be induced I lose my home birth cuz I have to go in! :(

Good luck, I have heard cod liver or castor oil starts labour. Supposed to be disgusting tho, will give u cramps and the runs which then start lAbour. I read abt it when I was pregnant but ppl said it was disgusting and not worth how rough they felt - it should start u off. Google it first tho as have no experience of it myself.

Hi everyone, I've been reading all your posts for last couple of days so thought it about time I join in.
My name is Sophie and I'm 23 weeks pregnant today with my first.
So far put on just over 1 1/2 stone and don't want to put on much more so starting slimming world again.
Hoping for lots of support and encouragement, maybe give some too.
Sophie x

Back