Pregnancy and Slimming World

Congrats Leeanne, he looks gorgeous. :) well done.

And well done on the weight too.
24 hours to get to your pre preg weight is amazing :)

Leeanne910 said:
Ps I'm bk to pre preg weight of 13s 13lb today lol had to weigh myself was too curious!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

He's gorgeous leanne, and you shouldn't be thinking about your weight too soon but I'll be the same I can't help myself, congratulations xx

I miss calculated yesterday, I gained 3lb, I did have a Chinese the night before I weighed which prob didn't help but on plan today, I have a meal tonight so I'll try not to be too bad but I'll save all my syns for that x

I'm struggling so bad with breastfeeding I'm crying my eyes out my baby has Tongue tie and it is so hard and now my nipples kill :,( I know it's cuz of latching and he can't do it successfully and the poor little might tries so hard, harder than Jacob did. Luckily I cam hand express 5ml in bout 5mins onto a spoon. Hospital said they can leave the Tongue tie n see how we get on.... But I'm not convinced :(

Awww hes perfect. Well done xxx

Pregnancy Start Weight - 15.0 Weight Now - 15.3

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx
My Fitness Pal - xSoon2bMrsSlimx

Ah leanne, sorry to hear your getting upset it must be hard, I can't offer any advice I'm afraid, I haven't breastfed before. What's tongue tie hun? I'm sure he will get the hang of it soon x

You kno if u lift ur Tongue u got that like string like attachment thing. It's closer to front of his mouth making it hard for him to poke his Tongue out n suck n especially latch :(

A bless ya hun don't worry I spent many a night crying with pain when feeding mine to start with, they never say how much it can hurt. Don't know how the Tongue tie will affect it obviously, but I'm sure it will get easier, you both probably just need to learn how to do it properly with each other, he'll get the hang the hang of what works best for him. I loved breastfeeding, but stopped at 6 month when her teeth came through
Have you thought about maybe doing one formula feed a day, or maybe at night to rest yourself, I did this with mine as I had depression and found it easier to cope of Missed a feed out, and lily had no problem switching between the two, she was an enthusiastic sucker too xx

Huge congrats On Tristan's arrival! I would ask them to refer you to a lactation consultant, sore boobs are hell. And get a second opinion on the tongue tie, it may be quite straightforward to remedy?

Last edited:
Leanne demand they get it snipped and say u don't want to ff. they have to if it's affecting feeding.
I am a Breastfeeding advisor and can help if u need me.
Basically with the tongue not being able to fully contract baby can't get the whole nipple into the mouth therefore the tongue is a) flicking te nipple (hence the pain) when suckling rather than the areola and b) not getting the milk it needs.
My son had it for 6 weeks and it was agony! It was only when my midwife friend demanded for me that he got it snipped and it was fine from then!

Good luck hunny! X

They asked yesterday before I came home if I wanted to stay and have it done or wanted to see how get on so I said see how we get on.

Plus I was scared of staying in longer as I was so sleepy.

What do they do? Will snip hurt him? What happens with the feeding after? Cuz it really hurts :( and hand expressing hurts now too :( and I'm worried he is hungry! I really appriciate any help fnm.... Desperate cuz I wanna do this so much for him! Xx

First of all try and get your partner to get you the lansinoh, it wil make a huge difference to the pain. Also somewhere in the breastfeeding thread i am sure lexie mentioned that her little one had tongue tie too and he had his snipped which made a difference i think just need to stroll back and see what she said x

The snip doesn't hurt. There's no nerve endings there. Literally they will snip it and get u to feed straight away and it heals it. Mikey had it really bad and literally min he had it done it was perfect.

Just have lots and lots of skin to skin to. Will help
The milk come in.
Xxx

Aww leeanne n poor tristan, safia is right lexi posted about her sons tongue tie. Get it done soon as no point going through all that pain n heartache for the both of u. Cant believe they let u go without sorting it! Hope ur ok xx

Hey Leeanne, congrats! .. hes beautiful. Sorry to hear about the tongue tie, what a pain. Bfing is hard and painful enough in the beginning, even with a perfect latch.. i remember thinking i can understand why women dont perservere! xx

Back