Pregnancy and Slimming World

If u get no where next time with consultant I think u should say u want to make a complaint to someone higher and ask to speak to senior consultant. There will probs be a long wait.

Safia how awfull! why don't you try to speak to a midwife just to get a second opinion, they're suppose to be there to support us! Mind you depends on the midwife! lol Good luck

Welcome to all the new mums to be.....wow there's alot of you lol xx

Hi everyone,

sorry to just jump into this thread. I'm a newbie, I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. I lost almost 7 stone with weight watchers over the last two years, then I put on a stone, got pregnant and have put on another stone! I started Slimming World about 3 weeks ago and lost 3lbs the first week, 1.5lbs last week and this week I have gained FOUR pounds! Admittedly I did cheat a bit in the past week but not four pounds worth of cheating. I'm just terrified of piling the weight on again, as I put on a lot of weight in my over pregnancies and eventually ended up at over 17 stone. I accept that I am going to gain pregnancy weight but it's the rate it's coming on that scares me.

Any advice on how to relax about the weight gain without letting go?

Safia - don't know your story but I just wanted to say I hope you get things sorted out. Good luck.

Hi Ninel, Congratulations on baby num 4!
Wow 7 stone weight loss is amazing.
Im just over 27 wks and still weighing the same, I have tried sticking to slimming world a few times but always tend to go off track.
I've kept the weight off so far just being active it does help running around after a toddler and doing the school runs.
In my last pregnancy I gained almost 3 stone so hoping if I keep the weight gain low I should have a little loss after birth rather than a big gain x

Hi everyone, well Im back from doctors, went better than I expected. I was offered a termination but the doctor wasn't totally negative about the pregnancy and said if I want to continue with pregnancy he will support me.

Iv got the midwife ringing me this afternoon for a chat which is a bit bizarre because I am only 4 weeks but Im really looking forward to this pregnancy now, its a very nice surprise and its already given me more than enough motivation to stick to SW, if i havent managed to do it for myself yet, Im certainly gonna do it for my baby x

safia thats really awful how they treated you at your appointment. I got annoyed in my last pregnancy they promised me I would have a section at 40 wks if ive not gone in to labour by myself but when I went back just before 40 wks they made me wait another 2 wks and it was quite dangerous for my baby cos they weren't sure on my dates so I could of been further than 42 wks which I do think I was. Sometimes they do make you feel like your just another number.

Hi everyone, well Im back from doctors, went better than I expected. I was offered a termination but the doctor wasn't totally negative about the pregnancy and said if I want to continue with pregnancy he will support me.

Iv got the midwife ringing me this afternoon for a chat which is a bit bizarre because I am only 4 weeks but Im really looking forward to this pregnancy now, its a very nice surprise and its already given me more than enough motivation to stick to SW, if i havent managed to do it for myself yet, Im certainly gonna do it for my baby x

Hi Bailey80,
Congratulations, I read your post last night I really feel for you theres no way they can make you have a termination. Have they talked you through the risks of another section. I'm on my third and im really starting to feel scared if anything goes wrong.
Im sure both you and babies health will benifit if you can stick to slimming world might help the recovery after your section x

Hi Cas3, yes I know the risks and as I get closer to c section I'll probably be a nervous wreck. Im just praying baby implants nice and high that will be the safest place, the worst scenario is if baby were to implant in my scar, apparently the placenta can attach too firmly to scar tissue and this can lead to massive bleeding during c section.

I had a bad experience last time, I went into premature labour and baby was distressed, just hoping that doesnt happen again this time, it's so scary being in labour when its been drummed into you that theres a risk of rupture if you labour.

Im sure everything will go fine for you with your third, do you think you will have anymore?

I think my section will be better this time as atm the baby is quite small and cos its planned section I should be having her at 39 wks so hopfully she won't get to big. My youngest was born over 42 wks and she was a big baby 9.6lb so I had quite a big scar and it seemed longer for them to be sewed up and it seemed alot more painful afterwards. Also I was dehydrated after op I hope things go well with the mw later x

I think this will be my last baby but who knows x

Having an emotional day today, really struggling with the weight gain, just keep wandering off plan
Plus found out my sister in law is having a girl, and I think she is going to steal the name I had chosen for a girl, feeling stupid, just wanna lay in bed and watch a movie with a pot if hagaan daaz :(

mummyClark said:
Having an emotional day today, really struggling with the weight gain, just keep wandering off plan
Plus found out my sister in law is having a girl, and I think she is going to steal the name I had chosen for a girl, feeling stupid, just wanna lay in bed and watch a movie with a pot if hagaan daaz :(

Have you told her how you feel about the name? That's not fair if it's already a name you've chosen. I feel like I did really well today at. While I was waiting for my tea I had a bad few minutes and had a handful of sweets and a cookie :( but try not to worry hun, trying and failing is better than not trying at all. It's hard I think but I just keep reminding myself how awful I felt from my weight last time I've worked so hard to get rid of 4 and a half stone and I put 1 and a half back on before this pregnancy and 9 or 10 pound now in 8 weeks so I'm really kicking myself x

Thanks everyone for your support, i will just wait and see till my next consultant appointment on monday and see what they say than before taking action and there is no point even talking to my midwife as she is as useless as the consultant! Not looking foward to the sweep on monday if they give me on as i know my cervix wont be favourable and it will really hurt.
Aww mummyclark i know its hard with our hormones everywhere x
Truthfully i gave up sw after my 14th week of pregnancy as i didnt want to eat anything but bread which was the only thing that didnt give me indigestion. I know i have put on weight but i will lose it once he is born, i am just enjoying my pregnancy and eating what i like but not going really mad like my last pregnancy x

All pregnancy was mainly spd free but now since yesterday it is back with vegence, i find it so hard to get out of bed or to turn in bed and i havent even attempted a long walk since yesterday. Luckily instead of having spd from the beginning i got it in the end because i think he is fully engaged. Need to finish my shopping off in the next few days as i wanted some new pyjama's as my other ones are so tight now!

oasis6918 said:
Have you told her how you feel about the name? That's not fair if it's already a name you've chosen. x

Yer I had told her the name, I want to call my baby bella if it's a girl as hers and husbands late mother was called Belinda. I wanted to name my current daughter that but we weren't married at the time and I didn't think I was a part of the family enough to name a child after someone. To be honest it's starting tonput me off the name altogether x

I think I'll have to but I know I'll be gutted if she says she's calling it bella, but you never know maybe I'll have a boy x

Maybe you should say "if I have a girl I'm definitely calling her Bella, so pls don't steal my name otherwise might be irritating if the cousins are both cAlled Bella." Bet she doesn't pick the name then :)

Just hate being in the situation, I had the same with my first where my cousin wanted to name her daughter the same as mine but luckily I was due first that time

Safia said:
Thanks everyone for your support, i will just wait and see till my next consultant appointment on monday and see what they say than before taking action and there is no point even talking to my midwife as she is as useless as the consultant! Not looking foward to the sweep on monday if they give me on as i know my cervix wont be favourable and it will really hurt.
Aww mummyclark i know its hard with our hormones everywhere x
Truthfully i gave up sw after my 14th week of pregnancy as i didnt want to eat anything but bread which was the only thing that didnt give me indigestion. I know i have put on weight but i will lose it once he is born, i am just enjoying my pregnancy and eating what i like but not going really mad like my last pregnancy x

I thought I was the only one. I'm following slimming world but rather loosely! I eat healthily but prob have more hexb than I should. I'm totally craving cereal right now. Raisin bran in particular!! I eat a lot of fruit, yogurt, cereal, lean meat and carbs. I've gone off veg except a rare few. And for some reason I crave chocolate. I like chocolate but not to the extent I do now. I try to limit my intake. I still feel so fat and dread what will be left behind when the baby is born. I'm 28 weeks and I've gained 17-18 lbs. :( can anyone tell me if I'm going to be left with a ton of weight? How much of that is baby? Ugh. I gained so much my last pregnancy. I'm paranoid now...

Stop stressing :) when u crave something it's ur pregnant body sayin u need it. I gained a stone my whole pregnancy n lost it exactly when I had him I just ate as n when I wanted n tried to curb my snacking asbi couldn't follow plan... Still can't now!!

Here is 5 daybold Tristan grttin dried from bathtime :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Attachments

• image-1435506153.jpg
    image-1435506153.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 71
Back