Pregnancy and Slimming World

Mummyclarke are u finding out sex at ur scan. Mine isn't til 16th Feb but def finding out.
Can't wait to know. Am so impatient. Lol
I have now put on 8lbs which has to be less that this stage with my dd but wish it was a bit less. Oh well, trying to stick to it but not as easy as I would like. Craved egg mayo sarnies today, had for breakfast haha

geordie_lass21 said:
Mummyclarke are u finding out sex at ur scan. Mine isn't til 16th Feb but def finding out.
Can't wait to know. Am so impatient. Lol
I have now put on 8lbs which has to be less that this stage with my dd but wish it was a bit less. Oh well, trying to stick to it but not as easy as I would like. Craved egg mayo sarnies today, had for breakfast haha

Yer we will find out, ours is next Tuesday, can't wait. Iv put on 5lbs so far, which again us a lot less than I remember last tine, just worried as I know my weight piled on near the end
Do you have a gender preference? X

You don't need a full bladder at this scan, just go in as usual x

My letter says must have a full bladder for scan and first time round my bladder wasn't full enough so I had to go back......maybe it depends on the hospital or person? Are you finding out the sex becca? x

I don't think it would be a big problem, you could maybe try ringing them before to check? Good luck hope they can see the sex :) got my scan Thursday can't wait x

I was told when I booked this scan and remember from last pregnancy you can have an empty bladder it's fine. The only reason you need it for your first scan is coz the uterus isn't high enough for the scanner to pick up, do having a full bladder pushes it up x

Whe i had my scan last week the woman went mad cause my bladder wasnt full . so def go with a full bladder hun if they tell you to go pee all good ..but if bladder is empty it takes a while to fill up

Yeah spoke to my friend at lunch time as had hers yesterday, couldn't have her scan as bladder was empty they weren't impressed :(

It's awful, I had it severe last pregnancy and I knew it was a matter of time now since I hit 20 weeks it's been coming and going lightly for about 4 weeks but I hate feeling useless and not being able to get around properly when there's nothing wrong with me. All for a good cause though :)

You need a full bladder at 12 week and empty bladder (or at least not full) for the 20 week one. i think because by then the baby is bigger they dont need it to be full.

I really want another girl but i am pretty sure i am having a boy. everything is different about this pregnancy, last time i was totally off red meat and totally off spice onions etc etc.

this time i initially craved pickled onions, red meat and spice - still am, had chilli con carne for tea tonight and got it for tomorrow too. this morning i really fancied egg mayo sarnies with salt. i have had cooked camembert earlier in the week (after wanting it for an entire week).

there are other differences, last time i went to the loo loads, this time its no where near as much. last time i was excessively tired whereas this time i am not as bad (despite the fact i look after a toddler now).

so am convinced its a girl. what are your gut feelings? becca when is/was your scan?
Becca i have put 8 on so far and only 17w and 5d (so if i can get to 20w with only an extra pound i will be happy as got a lot night outs between now and my 20w date (20w is my birthday)!!

My pregnancy is completely different to the first time round and I'm carrying different, my weight is easier to manage, the foods I'm eating and not are so different from the first time. I had a boy, the first time. This time I feel like my body is tellin me girl, but my head saying boy, maybe because I can't imagine myself with a little girl, although I really don't have a preference I would be so happy with either x

The second time i was pregnant i knew it was a girl as my symptoms were the same and i was carrying her the same. This time round i had a feeling it was a boy as my symptoms were all different and i was carrying him a lot lower than my girls. Also even now that i am getting nearer to having him i also experiancing different signs that labour is around the corner whereas with my girls i just woke up with the contractions and my mucus plug out at the same time with no warning beforehand! x

I have a midwife appointment tommorrow and hope she doesnt offer me another sweep. If she offers it i will take it otherwise i wont remind her. My last sweep on monday didnt hurt as much while she did it but i really regretted it afterwards as i just felt so much pain and pressure for nothing as i know baby wont budge. Also it made me so grumpy with everyone and i felt so guilty when my daughters wanted me to give them attention and i just couldnt as i was in a quite a bit of pain. Still no sign of him coming just a lot of pressure down below so i hope he is engaging further as last time he was 3 5ths x

Back