Pregnancy and Slimming World

Obem was traumatizing last night, did anyone else hear the crack when babies shoulder broke. So scared about labour now, think I really need to watch what I'm eating now, my daughter was 8lb 2oz, and was hard to push out, I was threatened with forceps. I need to make sure this baby isnt any bigger and try to make her come on time :(

I'm going to speak to my midwife, if I can't give birth by myself I want a c section, no forceps, I'm not putting my baby through that. If I have a c section and it means I can't have any more kids then that's what will have to be. But I agree with you, from doing some research last night it looks like most people's experiences of forceps is with very big babies, so 100% back on plan this weekend x

Morning ladies, I had to leave the room watching OBEM last night. It scared me too so I'm back on track today, hoping to limit mine and babies weight gain now x

I was already worried, I work with adults with learning difficulties and a young man I work with who is 19 basically got stuck on the way out and the mother was at home, it took so long to get him out he has extreme learning difficulties from lack of oxygen his mental age is three months old.

It scares me so much I told my husband that I don't care if I snap in half make me push our baby out and slap me if I say I can't!

I would rather forceps to help me than for my baby to have the learning difficulties of the man I work with as he has no quality of life.

wohaaaaa calm down guys lets put this is perspective ..obm shows us the whole wide scale of birth from the best to the worse , try not to let it scare you to the degree it is. If it scares you that much maybe best to give it a miss or you will be worrying the rest of your pregnancys for probs no reason.

I have had four traumatic births all for different reasons and every one of my babys was fine.

I had a forceps with my first i was young and it was damn scary but i had been in labour for days and when it came down to it a section wasnt an option as baby was stuck to far down in the birth canal , i panicked (had read some real scary stuff about forceps and was convinced id end up bowel incontinant) and refused to be cut , i ended up with a second degree tear and my baby was fine i think he had a tiny mark on his face that was gone in a few days.

my eaisest birth was an induction that went a it haywire and ended up in me dilating from 2 to ten in ten mins the birth was fast and painfull but amazing yet i ended up having major surgery to repair my bowel after , my emergency section was scary and my elective section not to bad aside from the complications getting to baby ... but im still alive my babys are perfect ..well perfect little ******* lol and here i am doing the whole damn crazy thing again.

yep its scary and sometimes these programmes can scare crap out of us i know before i had dev i had watched a c secion where a woman bleed out and almost scared myself to death.

try not to get to scared girls what will be will be and im sure all will be fine

I think people just get scared because you just can't prepare for birth its something that's out of your control.

We just have to put our trust and faith into the midwifes and Drs

And push like hell lol!

X x x

It scared me into watching what I eat from now on, making sure I'm in a relatively good condition to deal with whatever birth I have. OBEM has so many lovely births too.

Sophie1980 said:
It scared me into watching what I eat from now on, making sure I'm in a relatively good condition to deal with whatever birth I have. OBEM has so many lovely births too.

I wish I could eat :( I've had two belvita breakfast biscuits and some water and thrown it all up, these sickness tablets aren't working the last think I ate that stayed down was a jacket spud on Monday at 1pm I lost 2lbs at sw on Monday I think I might get my 3 stone award at this rate on monday thanks hyperemisis lol

Still totally worth it!

X x x

I wish I could eat :( I've had two belvita breakfast biscuits and some water and thrown it all up, these sickness tablets aren't working the last think I ate that stayed down was a jacket spud on Monday at 1pm I lost 2lbs at sw on Monday I think I might get my 3 stone award at this rate on monday thanks hyperemisis lol

Still totally worth it!

X x x

How long have you been that bad for hun ? maybe check if there is a differnt tab you can take ...what about luckozade i know its not low in syns but it did help me in the beginning

sweetchant1lly said:
How long have you been that bad for hun ? maybe check if there is a differnt tab you can take ...what about luckozade i know its not low in syns but it did help me in the beginning

I've had constant sick feeling and dry heaving since 6 weeks with the odd being sick every now and then but I've thrown up everything since Monday, I've got lucazade but that's coming up aswell can taste the Orange and its come back dizzy once lol

X x x

try real lucozade not the orange stuff or maybe flat coke ....do you think it could be a tummy bug or def morning sickness, have you tried the usual things like ginger biscuits ..i found i needed plan stuff at teh start like pasta or mash potatoe and jacket potatoes

damn the last few days i have been craving chocolate ..i just gave in and had a galaxy but i want more ...need to find distraction i think

sweetchant1lly said:
try real lucozade not the orange stuff or maybe flat coke ....do you think it could be a tummy bug or def morning sickness, have you tried the usual things like ginger biscuits ..i found i needed plan stuff at teh start like pasta or mash potatoe and jacket potatoes

It's not just normal morning sickness hun its hyperemisis my mum had it with me and my sister she was in hospital from 6 weeks with me on a drip.

It's like as soon as I eat anything ginger biscuits dry toast or just drinking water it immediately comes back up and its so violent and strong there is nothing I can do to try and stop myself from throwing up like you can with normal sickness.

Morning sickness comes and goes this is all day, all night constant dry heaving when my stomach is empty and then throwing up within seconds of eating.

I'm not bothered about the sickness its more just being tired and headachey and my ribs are hurting lol.

X x x

Hi Guys,

I have come to join you :) I found out I was pregnant for definate yesterday.

I need to talk to my C about what, if any, changes this makes to SW. It is good to know that they are now working in partnership with the Royal College of Midwives.

Sleepy59 said:
Hi Guys,

I have come to join you :) I found out I was pregnant for definate yesterday.

I need to talk to my C about what, if any, changes this makes to SW. It is good to know that they are now working in partnership with the Royal College of Midwives.

Congratulations! You will get a leaflet which will tell you to follow EE and to have 2 of each healthy extras :D

X x c

Back