Pregnancy and Slimming World

Sleepy59 said:
Hi Guys,

I have come to join you :) I found out I was pregnant for definate yesterday.

I need to talk to my C about what, if any, changes this makes to SW. It is good to know that they are now working in partnership with the Royal College of Midwives.

Welcome :)

MissSlinky2011 said:
Congratulations! You will get a leaflet which will tell you to follow EE and to have 2 of each healthy extras :D

X x c

Are you only allowed to do EE while pregnant? x

oasis6918 said:
Are you only allowed to do EE while pregnant? x

Yeah because green and red are more restricted - not sure about vegetarians ...

X x x

Weighed this morning, have found that in the last 2 weeks I've put on the 5lb I lost the two weeks before :( so off to morrisons before work to stock up on fruit and Veg x

oasis6918 said:
Weighed this morning, have found that in the last 2 weeks I've put on the 5lb I lost the two weeks before :( so off to morrisons before work to stock up on fruit and Veg x

Don't worry hun, our hormones are so up and down and babysit have little growth spurts, plus the volume of blood we have is slowly increasing so don't beat yourself up it could be so many other things!

X x x

It's not just normal morning sickness hun its hyperemisis my mum had it with me and my sister she was in hospital from 6 weeks with me on a drip.

It's like as soon as I eat anything ginger biscuits dry toast or just drinking water it immediately comes back up and its so violent and strong there is nothing I can do to try and stop myself from throwing up like you can with normal sickness.

Morning sickness comes and goes this is all day, all night constant dry heaving when my stomach is empty and then throwing up within seconds of eating.

I'm not bothered about the sickness its more just being tired and headachey and my ribs are hurting lol.

X x x

one of my friends had it hun and it was real bad wasnt sure if you knew it was that for sure. if your getting bad headaches and the like you should go back to doc hun ...my friend had to go into hospital regulalry to be put on a drip just so she had the fluids she needed to get by.

Big hugs hun i wouldnt wish hypermeisies on anyone .. hope it passes for you

Hi Guys,

I have come to join you :) I found out I was pregnant for definate yesterday.

I need to talk to my C about what, if any, changes this makes to SW. It is good to know that they are now working in partnership with the Royal College of Midwives.

hiya hun and welcome ! congrats on your pregnancy , there seems to be varying opinions on wether you need to make any changes to plan my consultant says no, No changes to plan yet some of the girls here say there have said you need healthy extra healthy extras ..im slighty confused lol.

good luck with everything hun , how far along are you?

ahh try not to let it get you down hun ..think we will all have those times when we get a gain we are cooking a baby after all

Be good when you can but dont feel to bad when you cant either . im damn sure by doing our best on plan when we can will still save us massive weight gain in the long run. where as if we went bugger it for 9 months we would have a load to lose at the end

sweetchant1lly said:
hiya hun and welcome ! congrats on your pregnancy , there seems to be varying opinions on wether you need to make any changes to plan my consultant says no, No changes to plan yet some of the girls here say there have said you need healthy extra healthy extras ..im slighty confused lol.

I'm going to have to put the leaflet on here for you guys who have consultants that are letting you down!

My consultants an area manager and I've told her that some people are not being given the leaflet straight away and are not being told they need to follow EE and have the extra healthy extras. She was furious and has contacted head office about consultants needing refresher training!

X x x

Don't worry oasis, just think that could have been a total of 10lb, you may still have managed to half your potential gain

Weighed in yesterday and had another 2lb gain, gonna try really hard this week, have been 100% so far today and already feel like I'm struggling but that's probably just as iv let myself have too many things I like lately so gotta get back into the right mindset. Ideally I don't want to go over 14st by the time I'm 30 weeks in 10 weeks time,which gives me 6lb to play with in that time, ambitious I think, but hoping I can achieve it.

How much have you ladies gained at around 20 weeks and what was your pre preg bmi x

Since finding out I was pregnant I've done

6 weeks + .5
7 weeks - .5
8 weeks - 1
9 weeks + 2.5 :eek:
10 weeks - 2 (phew)

So overall I'm half a pound lighter at 11 weeks 2 days but after the week I've had I think I will lose a few pounds because if I'd done a food diary it would be

Monday - jacket spud, water
Tuesday - water
Wednesday - water
Thursday - chicken broth and water
Friday - toast (yay solid food!) Sugar free jelly 1/2 syn and chicken broth with more water lol.

With I suspect more jelly and chicken broth this weekend! But its better getting something to stay in my tummy than nothing! I swear last night that chicken broth was the equivalent of a chocolate fudge cake with cream it tasted so good! Lol

I've got a dilemma though, my mum wants to come to my dating scan next Friday and I've realised I have tattoos on my hips she doesn't know about! She hates tattoos lol I know I'm married, pregnant and 25 but I'm scared to tell her! She might attack me with a wire scrubbing brush lol

X x x

well ladies im still lurking around, i am now 6 days overdue and getting pissed off!!!

scan on wednesday estimated baby at 8 lbs 3 - 9lbs 3 oz and ive still only put on 11lbs so im hoping after birth ill have a head start and be lighter than i was when i got my bfp! lol

hope all is well with u all! xx

Hi hope everyone is well,

I think you should tell your mum about tattoos im sure she rather know you got them than miss your scan:)

I think your all are doing great! as from today ive gained 1lb at 31 wks, had 2lb loss this wk hope I can keep it off! I have to admit I don't stick to plan all the time but I know if I wasn't trying at all I wud probably of gained a few stone by now. Mummy clark I think its possible to only gain 6lbs over next 10 wks maybe less :)

Mrss2010, hope your baby arrives soon if your baby weighs around 8lb your going have a great loss after birth xx

I know I should I'm just a scaredy quad, my mum is scary!
X x x

She knows I have 3 already but these two may push her over the edge, plus I hate they they are ugly! Lol

X x x

No I've just spent half an hour in the loo bringing up everything I've had all day back up! I tasted my paras which I'm annoyed about because now I'm going to be in real pain until 9 :(

X x x

sweetchant1lly said:

Thanks everyone.

I'm only 5 weeks so still really early on.

I'll ask my C for the book next Wednesday.

Back