Pregnancy and Slimming World

MissSlinky: I know of people having felt movement that early! And you are lucky to be able to have both of them in the delivery room with you. Here in Ireland you are only allowed one person...
Mummyclark: when will you be able to go on maternity leave or could they perhaps put you on an easier job seeing as you are expecting??

I think I had movement that early with this one.:)
Seems like everyone else also has worries of childcare and getting to the hospital.

I think I can just feel the baby stretching out because every now and then I feel a pushing sensation lol bubs was very very active at my 12 week scan so I might be feeling movement lol.

My mum would play hell with the hospital if they wouldn't let her in, they won't be sticking to visiting hours either. If I go in early and they had to leave it runs the risk of them not being there for the birth if they have to drive the 21 miles asap

If you know what I mean.

X x x

sadolphingirl said:
Mummyclark: when will you be able to go on maternity leave or could they perhaps put you on an easier job seeing as you are expecting??

I am already on lighter duties, was hoping to leave at around 36 weeks but honestly not sure if I will last for another 11 weeks. I feel like such a wuss and a failure, if I didn't need the money I'd pack it in now, maybe I'll feel better if I can sneak in a nap before hubby gets home with DD

mummyClark said:
I am already on lighter duties, was hoping to leave at around 36 weeks but honestly not sure if I will last for another 11 weeks. I feel like such a wuss and a failure, if I didn't need the money I'd pack it in now, maybe I'll feel better if I can sneak in a nap before hubby gets home with DD

I know how your feeling i started work 10am and I'm here till 9am and I've worked 8 days in a row I'm whacked been on my feet all day doing a party for one of the service users. When I hit 6 months I'm going to ask them to take me off sleep in shifts then I'm going to work until the last week of July take 5 weeks holiday before I start my mat leave

X x x

Cas3 said:
I felt movements really early with this baby at 10 wks just before my first scan. When your in the labour suite you can usually have visitors anytime but when your on the maternity ward there very stricted wiv visiting hrs but it might depend on your hospital as I said yesterday my oh wasnt allowed to stay with me just after my section x

I would have kicked off big style lol I know at our hospital if you have an easy natural birth you go home the same day! Even when its your first baby - my mum was shocked at that. I don't see why babies dad can't sts the night with you its his baby too!

They say you can feel them earlier when its not your first baby but it is my first and I don't know whether Im feeling movements in my imagination because I want to lol

X x x

Most of hospitals will discharge you after 6 hrs of birth or the nxt day I do think its abit early for new mums especially if want to bf as you need the support that babys feeding well my cousin baby was rushed bk into hospital next day cos baby was dehydrated. If you have section you need to stay in for at least 48 hrs. I didnt kick up fuss wiv my oh wasnt allowed to stay cos visiting hrs started an 2hrs later so he had time to grab himself some lunch and I was too ill to even speak at the time. With my lo I didnt feel movements to 15 wks but the movements were different wiv this baby more like big stretch than fluttering and my first I remember feeling movements at 13 wks. I hope your hospital will be different about visiting hrs as you got along way to come x

With my mum they will have no choice, especially as they are facing a court case for neglect leading to my dads death, if I could go to another hospital I would but the other one is 50 miles so I've no option!

X x x

Wow, hectic about the neglect case!!!!
In Ireland you stay in for 2 nights if its your first and it was a natural birth. I think its about 5 days if its a section. For second and more baby its minimum 24 hours...
They are very strict about visiting times and have changed the hours that partners are allowed in at a certain time and other visitors are only allowed in for two hours a day at a certain time. As for delivery suite, you are def only allowed 1 person. Since the father and I aren't together anymore I am contemplating on whether to have my sister or good friend... Very difficult choice as they both want to be there!!!!!

I would love both but really not sure which!!!
As for being close to the hospital, I could walk to the one I'll be going to in about 15 min or so! Great having a hospital so close!!!
I think visitors are only allowed from 6 to 8pm and partners are allowed a little longer... They have become very strict with visitors lately, not sure why as all babies have security tags that will make a noise and put the hospital in lock down if anybody does try and take baby out the maternity ward....

What's more of a shame is that there is perfectly good and well equipped hospital 5 mins from my house but it only has one ward open for the mentally ill as the government decided we didn't need 2 hospitals within 21 miles of each other.

It's ridiculous, people die in the time it takes an ambulance to drive 21 miles!

X x x

My hospital for dad's visiting is 8 til 12 then he has to leave til 3. Then it's 3 til 8.
Other visitors is 10-12 and 3-5 strictly no visiting between 12-3.
Dad and birthing partners can stay in delivery suite and private rooms however long they like x

Good evening all

Thanks so much for the info on how quickly you got to hold your babies-hubby is now fully instructed that he is to
A) get Charlie bump shoved up his top as soon as he is weighed n measured- for skin to skin,
B)get me sat up as quickly as possible, and
C) refuse to leave until I say so :giggle:

After reading about the visiting hours I checked ours online and its 10am-8pm for dads and any siblings and 2-4 + 6-8 for anyone else.. so not too bad really -gives me time to make myself half human before hubby arrives and time at the end for us to get Charliebump washed and into his nightclothes and tucked up before daddy has to leave -and plenty of time inbetween for tuddles :p

Well I have had a productive weekend - yesterday I nipped in Matalan for some nightshirts with buttons -so I now have everything to pack my case this week, and then today I ironed and sorted the last of Charliebumps clothes and bedding -so now apart from a couple of hats he is all ready :happy036: -well his clothes are... I need to get a changing mat and bath and then for now Im all set, ooh and I just ordered the first of his re-usable nappies -its a set that will do until he is 16lbs, I will get the big set once he is here... but I wanted to get some ready for when I get out of hospital, or for once his cord drops off....
I think this week I will start and get a bit more fettling done out of the way.. I will take it nice n slowly -but there are things that need to be done.

I have to take my hat off to all you ladies still working :worthy:-I really don't know how you are doing it :eek: -especially those of you with other littlies :faint2:

Right wriggly bottom jiggle pants is dancing again -so time for a glass of milk and 10min before I tootle off to bed....
Sleep well everyone!!!

Capricorn your post had me in giggles today! lol
Love the way you describe things!
At college today, have some things to get done before the end of the semester, end of the month!
Hope everybody has a great day xx

Morning all hope were all well. had a Rather scary midwife appointment this morning babes been a bit quiet last 36 hours and when we tried to find the heartbeat it took forever checked all the normal places finally found it above my belly button , huge sigh of relife from midiwfe and me. Have to go for a growth scan though as im 26 weeks today and measuring nearly 30..personally im not worried as i have measured bigger with others and have never had a big baby .still will be nice to see babe again ..guess i should maybe stop looking at tiny baby stuff though and focus more on newborn to 0-3.

The other thing we were talking a lot about was food and i said i had weighed this morning and had gone up a couple of pound again seem to keep going up and down the same few pound ...have now gained 6lb since becoming pregnant , told her i was doing slimming world but i have been wanting bread all last week. She thinks the reason im dizzy is dehydration and i am mainly drinking diet coke and said i must find other stuff i like and i said i do like fruit juice but that it is high in cals / syns and she wasnt impressed gave me a big lecture about how baby is going through a major growth stage and that i really have to ease up the pressure on myself with dieting that your body craves what it needs at this stage and that i shouldnt of let the sonographer affect me so much ..she was lovely when she was telling me off lol.

At our hosp dads can visit 9am till 9 pm and so can your own children but other visitors are restricted to a couple of hours on an evening.

Oh my god sat at work, windows open all I can smell in burgers and bacon and onions. Mouth watering but I'm staying put.
Sweetchant1ly glad you got sorted at midwife, my midwife and my doctor were not impressed I wanted to do Sw, they refused to sign my form so I'm just counting cals to stay close to 2000 and hopefully I won't gain much more. A bit gutted at my weight so far but it is true, if baby needs food I'd rather get bigger temporarily x

Back