Pregnancy and Slimming World

So annoyed with myself, I forgot to bid on a dream genii pillow and it went for £10.50 Arghhhhhh

X x x

Hello am wondering of my bump is having growth spurt as I have been starving since yesterday. I am following SW but a bit loosely (as in having extras syns if needed). Am also monitoring calories on my fitness pal. Discovered that app last week and its brilliant. So for my lifestyle is should have 1700 cals to maintain my weight (more with active job, even more if exercisin). So added 300 for baby and yet I am struggling to stay to it!
Everything I had today is SW food and on plan, but already had my 15 syns. I have however already had over 1400 cals today and am still hungry grrr
Am needing something extra to eat as a snack, might make egg mayo sarnie

Pressed send to soon. I can't believe how hungry I am. For lunch I had large piece of lasagne (home made) salad, yoghurt and fruit and still want more!
Anyone else super hungry abt 24 weeks?

Just downloaded my fitness pal I'm on 1740 cals a day I've entered what all my food and drink for today will be and I'm 49 cals under lol

X x x

Mines 1690 but I added 300 as pregnancy exercise calories. I have had about 2200 today as was super hungry! Stuffed now tho :)

I'm so upset I've put 4lbs on this week and I've stuck to plan really well :( I think it must be a combination of weighing in at 9.30am last week and 7.30pm and that it was a different consultant with different scales and water retention from finishing a 24 hour shift this morning I'm still gutted though :(

Weighing at different times can make a big difference and def different scales can make a difference too. Plus baby might be growing too. :)
U know to put on a pound of fat u need to eat 3500 extra cals a week. U would need up eat 14000 extra cals to put on 4lb of fat which would be about 4000 a day. There is no way u have eaten that so probs mainly water retention, diff scales and weigh in times.
Hope it makes u feel bit better.

Omg yeah no way have I eaten 4000 cals a day!

Will just have to see what next week holds!

X x x

This isn't really significant but on my babycentre app for this week it says that to relieve back pain to get onto all fours, and to adopt this position regularly throughout the day. Really, come on, how many of you ladies think this is something you'd be able to keep up? Lol.
On another note I'm totally gutted I missed Top Gun tonight. I turned over 20 mins from the end but by god was is a good 20 minutes! I'm going to have to watch it this weekend x

Oasis that really made me laugh about the all fours.... can you imagine us woman doing that! haha

i havent had back ache this pregnancy yet (i did quite a bit with my first) and do you know what helped the most which i had recommended to me. Put 2 tennis balls into a pair of socks - and get your partner to roll over your back....

my husband said something funny to me this morning - i was talking to him about going on holiday (we go 5 weeks on Thursday when I am 29w+1) and I said my 28w appointment i need to get the permission to fly off the midwife. he said are you not supposed to fly then and i was like you can but the airlines just need permission.

he said "well you better try hard to lose weight then"..... then started the "i mean, so you dont look quite so big" in the end he said "i think i will shut up now" lol

i know what he meant - he meant as dont want to look further gone than I am but it was funny how he kept getting it wrong lol

am going to be good today anyway (not cos of the comment he said mind) but because i want to get an ice cream later on if its nice and sunny today.... so as thats going to be my treat i am having the following today:

b/f - 2 weetabix with skimmed milk
banana

lunch - fish, chips and veg (brocolli and carrots i think)

snack - grapes and kiwis and if i am hungry the left over rice i made yesterday (it is really nice and was the recipe from the magazine)

dinner - meatball curry with rice (i had this yesterday although going to make plain rice today). also going to make it a bit more interesting as i followed the recipe from the slimming world mag last month but the curry sauce was a bit lacking in texture (going to add peppers and onions to it to improve it) :)

treat snack - ice cream :)

I know, honestly there's only 3 reasons I can think of that I'd get in that position and none of them are to regularly relieve back pain!
Your meal plans sound really nice for today! So far I've had bran flakes and some grapefruit juice x

oasis6918 said:
I know, honestly there's only 3 reasons I can think of that I'd get in that position and none of them are to regularly relieve back pain!

LOL!

Your meal plans sound really nice for today! So far I've had bran flakes and some grapefruit juice x

you know i wouldnt dare - my husband has hardly had any sex in the last 6 months, in fact you can practically count it on one hand..... first because of the miscarriage when i really didnt want any and then i was terrified of having another miscarriage so abstained and now i just dont fancy it haha

so if i went on all fours he would probs think i was in a horny mood and jump on me lol

arent you starving on just bran flakes and juice - honestly am ready for my snack now haha
i have always been a big eater tho, thats why i like slimming world as if you coo healthy and eat free foods its fine :)

I've had an apple banana and Muller light for my breakfast and I'm having a pork burger in a wholemeal bap for my dinner mmm

X x x

geordie_lass21 said:
you know i wouldnt dare - my husband has hardly had any sex in the last 6 months, in fact you can practically count it on one hand..... first because of the miscarriage when i really didnt want any and then i was terrified of having another miscarriage so abstained and now i just dont fancy it haha

so if i went on all fours he would probs think i was in a horny mood and jump on me lol

arent you starving on just bran flakes and juice - honestly am ready for my snack now haha
i have always been a big eater tho, thats why i like slimming world as if you coo healthy and eat free foods its fine :)

Oh I'm the same I eat loads I've had a banana now, 2 glasses water. I'm about to have a plum and a cup of tea, I had a double portion of bran flakes. How anyone can just eat 30grams I don't know.
Our sex life hasn't changed I haven't gone off it at all so if hubby caught me on all fours he definitely would think i was being seductive lol! I think though if I was worried from any previous trauma I'd prob stay away from it too though.
I've got an apple and a kiwi to get through before lunch if I'm hungry and WW biscuits :) x

For us the first 12 weeks my hubby was too scared to have sex as he didn't want anything to go wrong but after the 12 week scan everything as returned to business as usual ;) lol.

What about when baby is kicking, do you feel kicks when your having sex?

And something I've been dying to ask and now seems appropriate, what do you do the further along you get about keeping downstairs tidy? I don't want to give birth looking like chewbacca but I'm worried I won't be able to reach LOL

X x x

lol i go in blind but im a big girl anyways so i always struggle to see everything ..the other thing is to get your bf .hubby to do it but be warned it normally turns into an added sexcerice session too ...

Doet wise im all over the place ...things more difficult at mo as im our of fruit and veg ...my breaky this morning was bacon and beans ..think i have some pineapple and grapes in the fridge so will have to have that to make up my third super free ..if its still edible that is ..its out of date but if it looks ok it should be ok right ..

tiredness seems to have kicked back in now ..im 26 weeks and feels like those first few weeks all over again.

I need to start getting prepared for baby but everytime i try i put it off. gona actually try and make a list later of things i need ect.

Hows everyone else doing with baby preperations have you bought much yet

Last time I had sex all through pregnancy, this time I have gone off it completely.... even right up until the birth which was quite difficult to manage as i had a huge bump haha

i think it might be hormone related (like the food cravings being opposite) so hoping when my body returns to normal i will feel more up for it.

i still managed to keep that area tidy, even right at the end.... i am not into pain so certainly wouldnt wax down there! sometimes i use the creams but mainly i use an electric razor (and i managed to do it when pregnant right up to the end. :)

wouldnt trust anyone else with it haha and u definitely want to be clean there for the birth.. (not that anyone else say it other than the doctors etc). i know some people film the birth but no way did we!!! lol

MissSlinky2011 said:
For us the first 12 weeks my hubby was too scared to have sex as he didn't want anything to go wrong but after the 12 week scan everything as returned to business as usual ;) lol.

What about when baby is kicking, do you feel kicks when your having sex?

And something I've been dying to ask and now seems appropriate, what do you do the further along you get about keeping downstairs tidy? I don't want to give birth looking like chewbacca but I'm worried I won't be able to reach LOL

X x x

No she says quite still, prob wonders what on earth is happening lol. With our first hubby was very cautious and he wouldn't want to some times but he's more relaxed this time.
And oh my god what a carry on keeping tidy, I sit on the side of the bath and have a mirror in front of me to see what I'm doing but I'm considering gettin waxed but I don't know if they'll do it while pregnant never had it before x

Lol good I think I might get freaked out if I could feel bubs moving while were having sex.

I'm going to try and keep on top of tidying I think I will have to go to sitting on the side of the bath as I grow lol

I'm going to be 4 months tomorrow woo! I just can't wait until July when I finish work and can concentrate on getting everything ready lol

X x x

Back